Using Hourglass to -escape- ults

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reanis

08-05-2012

I've tried searching, but every thread I can find is people asking and / or complaining about which ults can and can not be activated during Hourglass.

My question is:

Can you use the Hourglass to escape a suppression ult, like Malz or Warwick?

I know you can activate QSS because it breaks the suppression, so would Hourglass's total immunity not have a similar effect? I haven't had a chance to try, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

No you shouldn't be able to, only thing you could do is use QSS or if you're gp his oranges. Its probably technically possible to use it at the exact same time as the person supresses you, but to do that would most likely be unintentional, which isn't what you want.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Zhonya's is an item activate, which cannot be used during a hard CC (other than Blind obv).

The Blue Jelly

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Zhonya's is an item activate, which cannot be used during a hard CC (other than Blind obv).
Blind/Snare/Silence aren't hard CC....

Silence is an interrupt however, and that does prevent it (or at least should)

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-05-2012

You would have to activate the Hourglass prior to the Suppression being applied. I believe the only Suppress you can "beat" this way is Skarner's Impale, due to it's awkward cast time and range. However, Impale will most likely not go on cooldown if prevented this way, as the target became invalid prior to the activation of the spell, similar to Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole if the target dies during her channel time.