Irelia or Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-05-2012

Simple question.

I'm trying to master one of these champions and settle for quite a bit of time since I tend to try out a lot of champions. I've narrowed down to Darius, Fiora, Irelia, and Riven as my main top.

Since Fiora is quite hard to master, and I'm not fond of champions with no escape skills like Darius, I've taken Fiora and Darius off the list and am planning to master later on.

So just between Irelia and Riven, which one would you prefer? Why? What are some flaws that shut them easily? Which champion have stronger damage output?

And lastly, will either of them receive any nerfs or boosts soon?

Your opinions are very much appreciated!

EDIT1: Which champion are you more afraid of to see as your top lane opponent?

A retarded dog

08-05-2012

i would chose Irelia personally but Riven is still amazing

Irelia can build trinity and/or wit's end and then go for a straight tank build and still deal damage and draw fire away from carries

Riven has to build damage to an extent but her dps is amazing and she can still get very tanky

Riven can also deal more damage than irelia through her spells and has a consistent stun where as Irelia needs her target to have a higher hp%

They can both farm under tower fairly well but I think Irelia handles it better.

Only one or two characters that go top can utterly destroy them(some could argue that no one can completely deny them) and by grabbing a quick philo stone & Heart of Gold on irelia and she should be fine as long as she can grab a little cs and gank other lanes or warmog's on Riven and well placed spells and she should be fine as well

Both have good teamfights but I believe Riven's are better*aoe stun, displacement on q, and aoe ulti)

Both can carry games if they get fed(fairly equal)

Both "can" jungle but Riven wins that competition easily I think

Riven could see a small numbers tweak but i doubt it. Nerf Irelia(seriously no one f****** knows with her but i think she won't see any nerfs soon)

Overall both amazing champs but i prefer the extreme tankyness of irelia with decent dps to Rivens great damage with decent tankyness

Theguythatyou210

08-05-2012

Nerf irelia!!!! She needs a rework. Her kit is retarded. She can farm like crazy, endless sustain, true damage, reduced cc, and a stun. WTF RIOT WHY YOU MAKE CRAZY OP CHAMPS.

Sasomaru

08-05-2012

Riven is an early mid game champ

irelia is a late champ

if you are looking to carry and like to iniatiate fights for your team buy irelia

if you are looking to dominate lane constantly from the very beggining but have to be careful not to get cc'd late game pick riven

Marlucill

08-05-2012

anyone with a poke can put Riven down, I was bored and was doing Ultimate Bravery's and get a teemo top against her. all i had to do was just poke her consistantly and she didnt get that much farm and ended up ragequitting because she couldnt do anything. Irelia had her dash q so i would have been stomped there. if you have a poke and can not get stunned by riven, she will be shut down.

Yanzina

08-05-2012

Both. They are both really good