Boots of Mobility on Skarner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coolshanth94

08-05-2012

Skarner is my main jungler and around 95% of the time I go for a mercury treads with him (otherwise tabis if too much enemy ad less cc)

All the skarner guides I've seen (tsm, mobafire) also suggest mercury's treads, and this seems to also be reflected in tourney play

HOWEVER, the thing that absolutely bamboozles me is whenever I choose to spectate a random ranked game on the LoL home area with a skarner in it, 8 times out of 10 I will see a boots of mobilityon him, and I've checked some of their elos, this seems to be around at 1800-2200

I assume they're using a modified playstyle, and I'd be glad if anyone could explain the reasoning behind such a habit and playstyle

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

They give you more mobility.

coolshanth94

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinLadenIsDead View Post
They give you more mobility.
Well thanks for stating the obvious

I was hoping for more insight

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

With more mobility you can get to ganks faster and have more map presence.

You would trade off the cc reduction from the other boots.

It really isn't that complicated, the trade off isn't worth it in most situations for most people.

Edit: Since you probably still aren't satisfied... They are trying to snowball the game by being everywhere early and giving their team the early advantage, because their team knows what to do with an advantage if they get it. Even then in a lot of situations merc treads are going to be more useful, but if you're lower elo then your team might not be able to effectively snowball and you aren't guaranteed your ganks are going to always succeed anyways, so you're probably just going to want merc treads.

Essieu

08-05-2012

I dont see the need, if you build skarner with a Frozen Heart, you have a fat mana pool and can spam W which is REALLY FAST. And because the build is actually good, and fits a normal path I dont see why you shouldnt.

The mobility boots are more part of the current meta, than a specific skarner thing.

tempnameA704

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4Proxy View Post
I dont see the need, if you build skarner with a Frozen Heart, you have a fat mana pool and can spam W which is REALLY FAST. And because the build is actually good, and fits a normal path I dont see why you shouldnt.

The mobility boots are more part of the current meta, than a specific skarner thing.
I read your post three times and I'm still not completely sure what side you're trying to take here or what you are trying to say. Are you advocating merc treads or mobility boots?

Shinako

08-05-2012

I run Movement Speed quints on most junglers, and it helps to stick to them during ganks.

tempnameA704

08-05-2012

Insightful.

Essieu

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinLadenIsDead View Post
I read your post three times and I'm still not completely sure what side you're trying to take here or what you are trying to say. Are you advocating merc treads or mobility boots?
"I dont see the need"

....... -_-

The latter part of the comment was remarking on the fact that mobility boots are currently just popular in meta, not just a skarner thing. which was the question.

tempnameA704

08-05-2012

Confusion could be avoided by just saying "I don't see the need for mobility boots"