Current Meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fallen Soja

08-05-2012

People talk about "current meta" but was there actually any different meta than what there is now? I'm kind of new to following the "metas" of tournament play and high elo play but could anybody give some info on this?

nazmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

two words caitlin mid. no in all seriousness in season one there was no set in stone "meta" this is the garbage that popped up once pro players and **** started saying what is best

Nishaven90

08-05-2012

Theres the double AP meta, and also the top lane bruiser meta.

Capitol12

08-05-2012

It puts certain champions into play at different parts of the map to increase the effectiveness in exp gain and farm.

Metas also keep the game organized and somewhat fair so you dont get stuck as an AD carry against a bruiser bound to be beaten down, this is just one example. The metas shift over time as classes get buffed and nerfed and as new ones come out. As long as you play the game consistently at 30 it should not be hard to follow.

At lower levels no one really cares and the games last forever and it is just chaos. These just keep everything nice and tidy.

Sephrinx

08-05-2012

Tank on bottom; Leona, Taric, Nunu, Naut.
Jungle tank; Amumu, Nunu, Naut, Rammus.
Ap Mid, AD bot. Stronk top lane; Riven, Jax, Yorick, Leesin.

That sort of team comp is brutal.
I like to switch things up a bit tho quite often, I don't play "Meta" every game, but I prefer it if I want to get a solid win.

CranberrySauce

08-05-2012

iv been seeing alot of 4 tank 1 ap groups . guess thats a meta ?

TeknoWizard

08-05-2012

Double bruiser bot is a thing. Jarvan Leona is rather stronk.