someone please explain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BMiBudster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumanus View Post
Random and offtopic.........

@OP Zaps describes it fairly well. Again, I wanted to point out, you can't be sued for using a type of game genre, otherwise things would be chaotic and retarded all at once.

Again, it wasn't even his idea, Iirc, Eul made this game. Zaps did a good job of his quote picking, they explain everything except that Icefrog is not a part of LoL (Afaik)

ah kk i spose that makes sense.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetPubes View Post
ah kk i spose that makes sense.
Mmhmm, I'm guessing you may have just misread something or maybe skipped a sentence. Glad to help.

Ydriel

11-10-2009

Well, if you just read around, you'll see Guinsoo, who first made Dota Allstars, and Pendragon, whom first started the official DotA webpage, are working in Riot. And, I don't really recall HoN stating they're the official DotA game. DotA is still there and it's stand-alone, HoN and LoL are just 2 games of the same genre: MOBA (Multi Player Battle Arena).

BMiBudster

11-10-2009

did you guys have downloading patch trouble when it got to LOL.patcher 2/3? coz it looks like its frozen to me :S ?

Poruku

11-10-2009

Quote:
did you guys have downloading patch trouble when it got to LOL.patcher 2/3? coz it looks like its frozen to me :S ?
If it appears frozen, give it a while. Check to make sure things like firewall and other programs are turned off. I reccomend waiting 15 minutes. If it does not load any further, possibly go to the bug forum for a solution.

Tarion

11-10-2009

Quote:
s2 is the new company which icefrog either owns or is part of and HoN is the official dota game and this game and its website all have dota on it... thus they can be sued by icefrog because they are making or going to make money off frogs idea and creation.

the thing i dont understand is this cant be icefrogs doing as he made HoN at the moment it seems the people behind this are posers BUT i could be wrong which is why im trying to understand.
Wrong. Like, horrifically wrong (But good marketing by HoN).

Actually, Icefrog has been hired by Valve, to create another DotA sequel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation
http://www.playdota.com/forums/blogs...ews-dota-fans/

In fact, S2 games have nothing to do with any of the people involved in running DotA, as far as I know. League of Legends has Guinsoo, the creator of DotA Allstars.

So, yeah, HoN is significantly less 'official'.

BMiBudster

11-10-2009

got to 3/4 now lol but i dont get how 0.06mgs can take so long to download lol espeicially when i dl at 500+kbs per second :S

Poruku

11-10-2009

Quote:
got to 3/4 now lol but i dont get how 0.06mgs can take so long to download lol espeicially when i dl at 500+kbs per second :S
There are some issues with download speed (Or at least with you and me xD). Just keep letting it go on it's own pace :X

BMiBudster

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumanus View Post
There are some issues with download speed (Or at least with you and me xD). Just keep letting it go on it's own pace :X
ah kk you had the same issue lol its going crazy on my side :S

BMiBudster

11-10-2009

ok this patcher is beyond retarded... not updating at all any of you guys had this problem and how did you get around it :S?