RANK queue system idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InS4N3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I don't know if this has ben posted before or not... sorry if yes...

It would be very useful for the community if riot add something like this to the rank queue system or matchmaking.

The possibility to select the role before the queue starts, so you can queue for [support, adc, top, mid, jungle] it would help to avoid trolling at calling lanes.

I know it would be hard to add or not, but the idea may be good.

What do you guys think about it?

PD: Sorry if this is very stupid.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

This has been suggested, and while it's a good idea, it would elongate queue times, and would also reinforce the current meta. What if I want to roam Taric while my duo queue partner takes a 2v1 with Morde or Yorick? What do we check?

InS4N3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
This has been suggested, and while it's a good idea, it would elongate queue times, and would also reinforce the current meta. What if I want to roam Taric while my duo queue partner takes a 2v1 with Morde or Yorick? What do we check?
You can always talk in champion selection, I don't see the difference, actually anyone can play new meta and stuff, you can say I'll play this because of... BUT it would help to avoid major trolling "I wanted adc, now im afk..." and about queue times, I don't think so, since there are tons of players at queue at the same time it won't be an issue.

Swortypos

08-04-2012

My brother bigodeverde posted it the name was tip for riot

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InS4N3 View Post
You can always talk in champion selection, I don't see the difference, actually anyone can play new meta and stuff, you can say I'll play this because of... BUT it would help to avoid major trolling "I wanted adc, now im afk..." and about queue times, I don't think so, since there are tons of players at queue at the same time it won't be an issue.
You realize queue times for ranked, normals draft pick, and 3v3 are actually pretty long already, right? Like over a minute. If you lower the pool of possible matches, that will make it longer, that's easy maths.

Theguythatyou210

08-04-2012

This is a terrible idea and also points out one of LoLs major flaws. THERE IS ONE META. LoL is starting to get boring sense there is only one meta and if you try to do anything that is not in that meta people cry and say "Why you no go by the meta noob"

Caius Cosades

08-05-2012

Now this is simply an idea I came up with, but what if there were a function to kick a specific player from the queue? You get rid of that player, and everyone stays in the queue. A thirty second timer starts in which a new player is added into the queue and the champion selection continues after that. Only one player can be kicked per game from each team resulting from a vote called by any member of the team. Just a thought.