Help finish my AD Jungle Sion Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiritsiege

08-04-2012

Any other Sion fans out there? Well i'd say a good %85 percent of my wins are sion. I absolutely love sion. And sometimes people say "Oh, sion so OP" and its not because you can pro him that I love him. I'm a physical kind of guy, lets say. I play games like Mortal Kombat and I never really jumped onto the CoD bandwagon, so i think this attributes to my right in your face with an axe appreciation of Sion. He's not really so OP when you understand the game items and are relatively smart, you'd know that all his AD power is basic attack AD. For example, me and teemo, teemo make me sad. When you have a magic attack that does AD damage, it ignores the blind, where as I have my stun, no damage, and rely on shield as a bit of health. Third spell being +damage for health and health per kill. Leaving his ulti which gives him life steal and attack speed. Realizing this, simply build armor and im left wet in the rain. Thornmail, eat right through me because every hit relies on basic damage. Just yesterday I +2000 basic damaged (I was fed). Other people say "Sion jungle, you're crazy" but this was a realization that came to me after trying a few jungle sion games. When I get fed or am being pro anyways, and the other team uses said above strategy, or even my lane builds some defence, it makes things difficult. By jungling and ganking, they don't build defence for battling me until its to late.

So when jungling I take a long sword and a health pot. I usually gank top after golem as i'm level two and everyone else still has level one spells, i take the additional damage from option third as my shield is pretty much useless as far as defence goes first level. (I have flash/+30 att spd runes). Than depending on money and the enemy, i will either buy health crystal, or boots. heading for a phage and either attack spd boots or merc treads, again depending on the enemy. Than by the time I bank next I can usually afford a BF sword. So it juggles between a bf sword, pickaxe/dagger/another BF sword if I have enough by the next bank. Than I get black clever and Infinity edge. (this is probably typical so far). I don't upgrade the phage to the frozen mallet, the HP isn't really necessary with the life steal you get last level of the spell (which is %100 I believe). Instead I leave it for the end where my options may be limited or i have maxed out my others slots and upgrade it to a trinity force. Really the only reason I have it is for the slow since i rely on basic attack.

So far we are at: Phage + Berserker Boots/Merc Treads + Black Clever + Infinity Edge.

Now I never really understood when people told me to get The Bloodthirster, but I never really read it till now, so that will probably turn into my fifth item as just a few games ago I had a 10/0/6 game, so the stack would have added to that (what, plus ten?). My friend says I should get an early phantom dancer, but I feel more confident behind my already +30 att spd runes and berserker boots and third item Black Clever that if I were to get it, it would probably end up as my 6th item. I am looking for another major damage item to add to the stack so my end result would be: Trinitiy Force + Berserker Boots/Merc Treads + Black Clever + Infinity Edge + Bloodthirster + [Insert your item of recommendation here] Your item doesn't even have to add to pure AD damage build, just give me your reason. I thought there was one that gave you bonus damage based off your health. But that might actually be mana its based off of. (I know atma's spear or whatever bases bonus attack off enemy which I guess is great against tanks).

fdhaijlfvhadijvn

08-05-2012

When i jungle sion i go:

wriggles > Berserk/Merc (usually Berserk) > PD > IE > Tri Force > GA

Usually that order but you can adapt of course to how the game is going.

IronPrince

08-05-2012

here's a bruiser build i use on WW. Might be good on Sion.

Merc Treads-> Frozen Mallet -> Malady -> Madreds -> Wit's End -> Guardian Angel

It's a nice mix of attack speed, damage, resist shred, life, armor, magic resist and CC. Works well on WW because of his natural life-stealing but should be fine with your ulti popped. For jungling you'll need a vamp staff at first. But that can be sold off later when u want your sixth item.

fdhaijlfvhadijvn

08-05-2012

with all due respect to the dude above me, sion is not good with on hit items. just build damage, AS, crit, and some resistances. he will heal more the more damage he does, but not by how much magic damage he does with on hit magic damage items like those.

Frightning

08-06-2012

Think about this idea some, I'd probably run a build like this: Start Cloth Armor+5 pots, do the jungle thing, get Madred's Razors, Boots of Speed, finish Wriggle's Lantern, and get Mercury's Treads. Then get Trinity Force (he loves ALL the stats on it), Frozen Mallet (health and an epic slow to ensure you can stick to your target and beat them to a pulp). At this point it may depend on what you need, but Atma's Impaler (an obvious pick once the Mallet is done), Wit's End (more AS and MR, a great item overall), Maw of Malmortius (lots AD and MR, and the passive works EXTREMELY well with your ult), Guardian Angel (for maximum unkillability).

In short, pretty typical metagolem type build.