I think LoL has a major problem and I don't know how riot can fix it.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguythatyou210 View Post
I agree you should not be able to insta kill everyone but when everyone is tanky and they still do tons of damage why not just play a tanky dps. I mean a olaf or xin could do the same thing to a carry and still come out alive. So why pick a assassin if someone else can fill there role and do it better.
If you're jumping straight through all the enemy champs as an assassin you're doing it wrong. Bruisers can do that, but they're still extremely vulnerable, and if the carry and their team aren't terrible, the carry will live through that easily. What they can't live through is a 0-100 burst in 1 second, and a lot of assassins like Akali have good escapes after that, so provided they do their job right, they'll even live through it. Jax may be able to jump on, and then stun the ADC, but it's going to take him a lot more time, and in that time the enemy team can react. The tank can peel him, the APC and the ADC can put damage on him, hell, the assassin can do 60% of his health in one shot. The Bruiser's job is to distract and lock down the Carries while the team comes in to clean up and win the fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguythatyou210 View Post
What? Your argument is taking the unrealistic. A assassins role is to kill a major carry. That is the logical reason for playing assassins. Your reasons for the other roles are illogical there for your argument is invalid.
Tank's role is to not die. That is the logical reason for playing tanks.
ADC and APC's role is to do lots of damage to the enemy team. That is the logical reason for playing carries.
Supports are supposed to win lane and then protect the carry.
And bruisers are supposed to not die, and do damage.
etc. etc. etc.

An assassin won't be able to oneshot everyone on the enemy team, just like a Tank sometimes dies, supports sometimes lose lane and don't protect the carry, and Carries don't always kill everyone on the enemy team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
If you're jumping straight through all the enemy champs as an assassin you're doing it wrong. Bruisers can do that, but they're still extremely vulnerable, and if the carry and their team aren't terrible, the carry will live through that easily. What they can't live through is a 0-100 burst in 1 second, and a lot of assassins like Akali have good escapes after that, so provided they do their job right, they'll even live through it. Jax may be able to jump on, and then stun the ADC, but it's going to take him a lot more time, and in that time the enemy team can react. The tank can peel him, the APC and the ADC can put damage on him, hell, the assassin can do 60% of his health in one shot. The Bruiser's job is to distract and lock down the Carries while the team comes in to clean up and win the fight.
You make amazing points and I give props to you for doing so and not just saying "you stupid". This is want I wanted to see the counter argument to my point not just butt hurt noobs that don't like assassins. Also I am not saying I just head first in. I know how to play assassins. It is just a bruiser can do every thing an assassin can. Also you argument with akali is only some what true. Akali is a snowball champ like katarina and while they can be considered assassins i personally don't think of them as assassins. I am talking about champs like fizz or talon or pantheon who are just getting out classed by almost everyone bruiser and I am left wondering why are these champs even in the game there worthless by comparison. This is just my opinion though and I am hoping to hear your counter argument to this long reply.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Tank's role is to not die. That is the logical reason for playing tanks.
ADC and APC's role is to do lots of damage to the enemy team. That is the logical reason for playing carries.
Supports are supposed to win lane and then protect the carry.
And bruisers are supposed to not die, and do damage.
etc. etc. etc.

An assassin won't be able to oneshot everyone on the enemy team, just like a Tank sometimes dies, supports sometimes lose lane and don't protect the carry, and Carries don't always kill everyone on the enemy team.
I get what you are saying with the sometimes this happens but what I am arguing is that it is not even sometimes an assassin does not kill the carry. With the current meta and builds people use assassins are almost always worthless when compared to what other roles can do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Talon, the assassin, has a 49.87% win rate in ranked, and 52% in normals. Obviously he's not worthless.
Fizz, (Who is a mage) and pantheon (Who is a bruiser) are sitting at less than that, with fizz having 46.5% in ranked, and panth sitting pretty at 48%.

While these are not ideal numbers, even if we accept tham as assassins, it is not a problem with their role. Poppy sits at 51%, and while people call her a bruiser, she is almost always played as an assassin. Shaco, undeniably an assassin, sits at 54% win rate.

Furthermore, Akali and Katarina are definetely assassin champs. Assassins tend to snowball, that's how you have to play them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Talon, the assassin, has a 49.87% win rate in ranked, and 52% in normals. Obviously he's not worthless.
Fizz, (Who is a mage) and pantheon (Who is a bruiser) are sitting at less than that, with fizz having 46.5% in ranked, and panth sitting pretty at 48%.

While these are not ideal numbers, even if we accept tham as assassins, it is not a problem with their role. Poppy sits at 51%, and while people call her a bruiser, she is almost always played as an assassin. Shaco, undeniably an assassin, sits at 54% win rate.

Furthermore, Akali and Katarina are definetely assassin champs. Assassins tend to snowball, that's how you have to play them.
Well, these champs are not played as often please tell me when was the last time you have seen poppy or pantheon. now talon and akali are played often so you got me there but shaco is a op champ and is perma banned so that argument is kind of meh. Also pantheon is not a bruiser and fizz being a mage is irrelevant. Kass is a assassin and he is a mage. LeBlanc is a assassin and she is a mage. Also can I get a link to the site.

Also with akali she is maybe a assassin. The only reason I say this is that her burst is more sustain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaaz

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Every one builds tanky...and yet team fights can be over in less than 5 seconds once everything is thrown out. People build tanky to survive some of the burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seredhras

Senior Member

08-05-2012

As an assassin you shouldn't be able to 100-0 even half the enemy team, that would be ridiculous; hence, people build tanky. However being able to get in and out quickly while dealing massive damage (hell, even half of someone's health) in what basically amounts to a poke is pretty spectacular for mopping up a battle or ganking.

Also, I wish my teams in pvp would build tankier; there are usually 2 ad carries on a given team plus an ap carry and a lot of them build glass cannon


12