I think LoL has a major problem and I don't know how riot can fix it.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

A problem that I run into in LoL is that everyone builds tanky. Top lane is tanky dps ( champs like olaf,fiora,gankplank,irelia). Jungle is now dominated by tanks or tanky dps champs as well ( mundo,malphite,amumu,olaf,etc). Mid laners build a Rod of the ages and crystal scepter so they have a good amount of hp as well. Supports are now building tanky too, yes i know not every support does but there are alot that do now
( alistar,blizcrank,leona,taric,nunu). This is ruining the game for me because my favorite type of champ is a bursty assassin but having only one target, the adc, i find that assassin are left in the dust. Now the major issue with this is how do you fix this? This is a problem with not only the curret meta but the items in general. Any ideas would be nice I would like to see some comments and what you guys think.

Side note: anyone typos or miss uses of grammar are due to the fact that this is a forum post not a essay.

What I am saying is that everyone builds tanky now and assassins are no longer viable. No a assassin should not be able to kill a TANK, but when when everyone is building TANKY assassins have no one to kill.

An ad carries role is to do stay alive and continually attack.
A tanks role is to protect the carries
A supports role is to protect the carry or sustain them
but here is where the game is fuzzy to me. A bruiser is tanky but also does crazy damage and has amazing sustain. That is my major issue because the effectively nullify assassins. They can do every thing a assassin can and more. So I ask why play a assassin?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

Senior Member

08-04-2012

how is it a bad thing that you *sometimes* cant ambush someone and burst them down instantly? thats a good thing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Very few mid laners build rylais, and even then, Roa + Rylais is not that big of a deal, you can still burst them down with similar levels of optimization.

Furthermore, supports build tanky, but not nearly tanky enough to avoid burst damage. Heart of Gold + Aegis of the legion isn't that much tank, you can probably take them from 100-25, with the exception of Alistar during his ult.

And if 3/5 of the enemy team builds tanky, you as an assassin are at your strongest, because you can get the AD carry, and suddenly the enemy team has almost no damage. If everyone builds damage, you take one out, and then they kill you, and they're still threatening in the teamfight.

So, yeah, get over it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Very few mid laners build rylais, and even then, Roa + Rylais is not that big of a deal, you can still burst them down with similar levels of optimization.

Furthermore, supports build tanky, but not nearly tanky enough to avoid burst damage. Heart of Gold + Aegis of the legion isn't that much tank, you can probably take them from 100-25, with the exception of Alistar during his ult.

And if 3/5 of the enemy team builds tanky, you as an assassin are at your strongest, because you can get the AD carry, and suddenly the enemy team has almost no damage. If everyone builds damage, you take one out, and then they kill you, and they're still threatening in the teamfight.

So, yeah, get over it.
Well good theory but that is not how it works out. With the how popular g angel is matched with the amout of cc most commonly played champs have you just end up killing them just to have them revive or not getting to finish your combo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
how is it a bad thing that you *sometimes* cant ambush someone and burst them down instantly? thats a good thing
Thank you for proving my point if you can't insta burst someone WHY PLAY ASSASSINS? They are totally worthless now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguythatyou210 View Post
Well good theory but that is not how it works out. With the how popular g angel is matched with the amout of cc most commonly played champs have you just end up killing them just to have them revive or not getting to finish your combo.
Popping a guardian angel is a great thing, since on a carry with no other tank items, the rest of a GA is of very little use. Furthermore, if they rush the GA, they're doing less damage than the enemy carry. Lastly, you should really stop QQing about not being able to 1-shot everyone on the enemy team, and play better. Akali and Talon are two extremely popular champions, even in tournaments. If what you said was true, they wouldn't be.

Heck, what's wrong with just taking 60% of the bruiser's health with one combo? Or 90% of the AP carry's? Heck if you can do 30% of a pure tank's health in one combo and get out alive, you're a good addition to the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KROTANK

Senior Member

08-04-2012

I can see what you mean, but as an assassin/bursty dps, you shouldn't be able to instakill everyone on the enemy team.

Even when going up against a tanky team, if you can't take out the adc, your burst should still be enough to burst down one of their aggressive tanks. Given that an assassin can burst down most champions, your roll will be to punish any champs that wander astray of team fights. Sure, you won't get insta-kills, but you'll punish individual champs that try to break out of a team fight to pick off your own team mates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguythatyou210 View Post
Thank you for proving my point if you can't insta burst someone WHY PLAY ASSASSINS? They are totally worthless now.
"If you can die, why play tanks? They are totally worthless now."
"If you can't pentakill in 5 shots, why play AD carries? They are totally worthless now."
"If you don't win the lane easy, why play supports? They are totally worthless now."
"If you die, don't pentakill in 5 shots, and solo baron, why play bruisers? They are totally worthless now."

Similar arguments for different champion roles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROTANK View Post
I can see what you mean, but as an assassin/bursty dps, you shouldn't be able to instakill everyone on the enemy team.

Even when going up against a tanky team, if you can't take out the adc, your burst should still be enough to burst down one of their aggressive tanks. Given that an assassin can burst down most champions, your roll will be to punish any champs that wander astray of team fights. Sure, you won't get insta-kills, but you'll punish individual champs that try to break out of a team fight to pick off your own team mates.
I agree you should not be able to insta kill everyone but when everyone is tanky and they still do tons of damage why not just play a tanky dps. I mean a olaf or xin could do the same thing to a carry and still come out alive. So why pick a assassin if someone else can fill there role and do it better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

Senior Member

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
"If you can die, why play tanks? They are totally worthless now."
"If you can't pentakill in 5 shots, why play AD carries? They are totally worthless now."
"If you don't win the lane easy, why play supports? They are totally worthless now."
"If you die, don't pentakill in 5 shots, and solo baron, why play bruisers? They are totally worthless now."

Similar arguments for different champion roles.
What? A assassins role is to kill a major carry. That is the logical reason for playing assassins. Your reasons for the other roles are illogical there for your argument is invalid.
An ad carries role is to do stay alive and continually attack.
A tanks role is to protect the carries
A supports role is to protect the carry or sustain them
but here is where the game is fuzzy to me. A bruiser is tanky but also does crazy damage and has amazing sustain. That is my major issue because the effectively nullify assassins. They can do every thing a assassin can and more. So I ask why play a assassin?


12