List & Theorycraft of bruiser supports.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Jarvan can't tank or deal damage without gold effectively.

For it to be worth it to play him as support, his other abilities have to be good enough to get by without tanking or dealing damage.

You have to go in completely to use any of his CCs.

You have to be able to tank to go in that completely.

Therefore, I don't think Jarvan makes a good support.

XCodes

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinLadenIsDead View Post
Jarvan can't tank or deal damage without gold effectively.

For it to be worth it to play him as support, his other abilities have to be good enough to get by without tanking or dealing damage.

You have to go in completely to use any of his CCs.

You have to be able to tank to go in that completely.

Therefore, I don't think Jarvan makes a good support.
Base Stats-
J4 HP: 420 + 90
Armor: 14 + 3
Taric HP: 468 + 90
Armor: 16.5 + 3.2

Skills:
Taric has a passive 30-60 armor buff. Usually 30 because you want that armor shred on your enemies.
J4 has a passive 22-44 armor buff. Usually 44 because you want his E out there. He also has a personal shield that gives a 250-410 point shield (practically speaking, you're not using this without champs around).

In either case, if you have Shurelya's + Randuin's, then you're tanky enough that if you get focused the other team automatically loses.

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Taric has a long range stun that he isn't forced to charge into the middle of the other team to use.

To use Jarvan's CCs you have to be or bring yourself into melee range (you are forced to do this to get any CC benefit, you have no choice of whether or not to go in if you want to use your CC) of the person you are CCing. You aren't going to have a Randuins for most of the game either.

Taric has the choice of staying back and his stun makes a good engage that is safe to back off from if it ends up not looking good for you. Once you decide to CC someone with Jarvan, you don't have any safe way of getting out safely and you're going to be getting burst down really quickly, possibly before your team can really do much.

Not to mention, Taric brings some sustain in the laning phase that Jarvan doesn't.

Pet Succubus

08-05-2012

Hecarim!

cpandarun

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Katherine View Post
Hecarim!
Lol just stand on top of your creeps and watch the enemy ad carry miss cs as they hit the giant pony.

Essieu

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post

In either case, if you have Shurelya's + Randuin's, then you're tanky enough that if you get focused the other team automatically loses.
Shurelyas does not make you that tanky... And Randuins... It's 3.1k.

J4 is fine as a kill lane, his passive does fat damage, and he can close gaps. Buts its a kill lane.

Its not awful. And I'm not saying it cant be done. But he loses quit a bit of effectiveness with out big items.

Keylogger

08-06-2012

Don't count amumu out. Those stuns oh man.

XCodes

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehehenrik View Post
Don't count amumu out. Those stuns oh man.
Playing Support Amumu makes me wonder why I'm not playing something like Support Morgana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4Proxy View Post
Shurelyas does not make you that tanky... And Randuins... It's 3.1k.

J4 is fine as a kill lane, his passive does fat damage, and he can close gaps. Buts its a kill lane.

Its not awful. And I'm not saying it cant be done. But he loses quit a bit of effectiveness with out big items.
I put it together after Aegis and complete it pretty frequently, even when I buy a full stack of greens each trip back to base.

IGotCareless2

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
Lol just stand on top of your creeps and watch the enemy ad carry miss cs as they hit the giant pony.
And then late game, you stand on top of your AD carry, and watch the enemy team melt as they can't click on the carry!

thepantsparty

08-07-2012

Support Yorick is hilariously trolly, you just sit in the bushes and spam ghouls at the enemy carry+support while your carry free-farms.