Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who's my next champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goronok

08-04-2012

I prefer glass cannon assassins... ones that can do enough damage, with a touch of survivability one way or another... to by end game kill multiples while getting pounded on before dropping. Basically champs that let me feel like a god through offense, quick reaction and aggression. :P

My current favorites.are Xin and Jax. I have Darius, but honestly, I never took to him.

I'm currently thinking Pantheon or Kassadin... although Vlad seems quite interesting too.

Vance Landow

08-04-2012

Mundo.

Goronok

08-06-2012

So one suggestion... this thread has been so helpful to me. :P

No actually I'm just sitting here clueless as to what champ to buy. Not that there's anything wrong with Mundo.

Doesn't really HAVE to be a champ I can build glass cannon... hell, even tanks can be fun... and I love trolling the enemy team with Alistar... but I certainly prefer melee champs that are effective when built glass cannon. Pantheon and Kassadin seemed like they'd work... Akali I suppose, although her effective play seems to be very cowardly, which isn't my thing. Vlad isn't a melee but the play style seems fun, and potentially quite effective.

I just... haven't played long. And don't always take advantage of free weeks. I'm nervous spending IP on champs just on the hope that they may be good/fun without some advice.

DiscworldDeath

08-06-2012

Talon. Except you can't get pounded on without dying.

Volandum

08-06-2012

Fizz is a very fun and slippery assassin, you can waste so many enemy abilities and get away. Same goes for LB, but he's not melee.

AD Yi is actually very scary if you're good with him.

Redenbacher

08-06-2012

Quote:
Volandum:
AD Yi is actually very scary if you're good with him.

...and the enemy is missing CC, survivability, and perhaps a brain.

I know that's an exaggeration - I'm sure he can be dangerous - I have simply never seen one since I started playing LoL in 2010.

jremmons

08-06-2012

Mantheon and Irelia are pretty bursty Assassiny types with gap closers and such.

HaIfhearted

08-06-2012

If you want a highly mobile AP burst assassin, give Fizz a try.
His burst is ungodly, and his slippery nature makes him harder to catch than an eel.

LeBlanc is another AP burst assassin that has a tendency to 1-shot squishies.
When I'm against a LeBlanc as an AD carry I know I'm going to die unless I build some serious health and magic resist.

Infirc

08-06-2012

Kssadin is the top pick you describe excepting that there's a way to build him tanky and still do enough damage.

i usually don't recommend waiting for new champs, but this time i'll either recommend saving 6300 fro Diana or buying Irelia, seems that they a re both what you are looking for.

Metalfenrir

08-06-2012

Pantheon does very well on dominion and doesn't need to be build glass cannon to so. Mandrop all day every day