What exactly are the Shadow Isles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bdawg001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

So i just read both Hecarim's and Yorick's lore and I'm intrigued as to what the Shadow Isles are like : who lives there?, what is it's purpose?, and just any general lore on the place. Can anyone help me out?

Overlord Forte

08-04-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Isles

The Shadow Isles are a chain of islands/isles off the north western coast of the mainland continent. In general, it can be perceived as a place of undeath/undead, necromancery, and all manner of dark / nightly creatures. How society works there is largely unknown, but Yorick alludes to a ladder system of death, where one advances up it by 'dying'. Those in his profession are essential in moving up this ladder system.

Everything else is largely speculation off what little is known. It could be said that where as Noxus is principally based around Might Makes Right and necromancery is just a tool for that, the Shadow Isles embody the supernatural and magical aspects of death, decay, and the darker/evil hearts of life.

bdawg001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Thank you for the information. There seems to be so little lore or speculation on the Shadow Isles though. I can't wait for more champions to be released who originated from this mysterious place especially after reading Hecarim's foreboding message, "This is merely the beginning. No mortal army can withstand the might of the Shadow Isles."

Overlord Forte

08-04-2012

They definitely seem to be in the, shadows, as it were, in a precursor line up to be LoL's next Big Bad. It could go a lot of ways, so I don't know how I feel about it personally. Some of the best and worst things can come out through ambiguity.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawg001 View Post
Thank you for the information. There seems to be so little lore or speculation on the Shadow Isles though. I can't wait for more champions to be released who originated from this mysterious place especially after reading Hecarim's foreboding message, "This is merely the beginning. No mortal army can withstand the might of the Shadow Isles."
There's little information on everything until Riot's Creative Team releases more of their re-vamped / re-imagined lore.

LooksLike242

10-17-2012

my question is , is this now going to be a map ? and is riot going to actually release Elise, the Spider Queen as a champ now ???