Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did all DOTA players move to LoL or something?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greatest Dad NA

08-04-2012

Lately, I've been seeing WAAAAY too much rage in the League of Legends community. A few weeks ago, people didn't seem to whine nearly as much, even in ranked. People said GG, didn't make such a big deal if someone on our team died or lost a single tower. Now, when I play as amumu jungle, I'll see our sivir/blitzcrank get DECIMATED by the other lane, and they blame me and oh dear lord, did they rage. I wasn't even level 3 yet and they both died, promptly blaming me. People just seem to expect perfection out of every. Single. Thing. You miss a bandage toss because somebody flashed or juked, and your teammates blame you for losing the game. I tried to refrain from using harsh language here, but this needs said to emphasize my frustration:

SO. ****ING. WHAT!?

The entire game is not sealed by any single play early game or early mid game. Did this thought ever occur to you, and please let me know if this is outside the realm of possibility: IT'S JUST A GAME. You don't pay to play it, and Riot provides a good quality service to all players just the same, whether you pay for extra services or not. If you have nothing better to do than to yell at other people and try to be an internet badass, go play Call of Duty or go back to DOTA. You're going to get bad players on your team, it happens: I didn't flip out when sivir went 1/3/1 and blitz 0/4/2 because it's rude. If people are starting to lose, either help them or tell them to play defensively and ward. Don't be the average Karthas player and call them noobs and they need to stop playing LoL. Play the game to have fun please, that's what it was made for.

BohemianParody

08-04-2012

That's the nature of this community, not from anywhere else.

Theguythatyou210

08-04-2012

I would say it is the lack of "balance". Some champs are just anoying or retarded op. So when you lose to them it is frustrating. Also the nature of one person feeds or trolls they just pull the entire team down with them. When a game is a really close fun game I will say "gg" but when they have darius,xin,morgana,vayne, alistar I will curse it my lungs give out.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
Theguythatyou210:
I would say it is the lack of "balance". Some champs are just anoying or retarded op. So when you lose to them it is frustrating. Also the nature of one person feeds or trolls they just pull the entire team down with them. When a game is a really close fun game I will say "gg" but when they have darius,xin,morgana,vayne, alistar I will curse it my lungs give out.

Darius has a 48% win rate in ranked.
Xin is sitting at 52% win rate.
Morgana at 49%
Vayne at 47%
And Alistar at 48%

http://www.lolking.net/champions/

Care to try again?

Desposcon

08-04-2012

Well I can sorta get why people rage in ranked, but in normal...

CranberrySauce

08-05-2012

Lately ??? Iv been playing this game almost 2 years and its always had a bad commuity,The things ppl say to one another some times blows my mind! The tribunal is the stupidest thing iv ever seen in a game it opens the door for more ppl to troll. Someone makes one lil mistake and ppl start going off screaming report and screaming put downs.If more ppl would learn to maybe try to help out a team mate thats falling behind or incorage them with some pro tips rather then put them down,which only makes the player do worse, then they might still win the game

Incredible Huah

08-05-2012

Quote:
CranberrySauce:
Lately ??? Iv been playing this game almost 2 years and its always had a bad commuity,The things ppl say to one another some times blows my mind! The tribunal is the stupidest thing iv ever seen in a game it opens the door for more ppl to troll. Someone makes one lil mistake and ppl start going off screaming report and screaming put downs.If more ppl would learn to maybe try to help out a team mate thats falling behind or incorage them with some pro tips rather then put them down,which only makes the player do worse, then they might still win the game

Sometimes you do this, and the player will react like a mad dog all you can do at that point is. Just hands off on them and accept the lose. Don't do anything to get yourself reported. They start cussing say "ok. you handle it." and do not respond to anything they are doing. Just be zen.