Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue Dodge Penalty Issue is Known

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

irott

08-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post27828686 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27828686#post27828686)

Quote:
RiotKiddington:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuto

He's possibly talking about the dominion queue, which had, last I checked, no time penalty associated with dodging, just like it hasn't for ages.

I am aware of this issue, I will work with the engineering team to find a solution.

FDru

08-04-2012

Quote:
Kiddington

Yeah, not holding my breath.

larkhill

08-04-2012

yea i dont really take anything they say about dominion with any seriousness. i remember them saying they'd look into it months ago and they still havent done a thing about it.

kelidus

08-04-2012

I dunno I kinda enjoy the lack of dodge penalty. with the amount of trolls and farmers rift players screwing up my games, it's nice to just be able to bounce out when you spot them at champ select.

FDru

08-04-2012

Quote:
kelidus:
I dunno I kinda enjoy the lack of dodge penalty. with the amount of trolls and farmers rift players screwing up my games, it's nice to just be able to bounce out when you spot them at champ select.

Please teach me how 2 psychic.

haunterz

08-05-2012

I approve of the no penalty timer on dodges for dominion. As said by Kelidus it's good to be able to dodge when you're in the pregame lobby and nobody wants to bot, or your team consist of nothing but squishy champions that don't fit into dominion. I don't do draft dominion because of the gigantic queue times and I don't get too bummed when somebody dodges because it doesn't take that long to start a game. Though I could see how it could be annoying for the ones that play draft.

FDru

08-05-2012

Quote:
Sukaii:
I approve of the no penalty timer on dodges for dominion. As said by Kelidus it's good to be able to dodge when you're in the pregame lobby and nobody wants to bot, or your team consist of nothing but squishy champions that don't fit into dominion. I don't do draft dominion because of the gigantic queue times and I don't get too bummed when somebody dodges because it doesn't take that long to start a game. Though I could see how it could be annoying for the ones that play draft.

These are the same kinds of excuses SR players have, so I don't see why you feel more entitled because you play Dominion. Queue dodge penalties are for the good of everyone, and nobody deserves a free ticket to dodge whenever they please.

Besides, I still sit in Blind Pick queues for sometimes 18+ minutes during the day, and people on the other team always dodge.

lbgsloan

08-05-2012

Lack of dodge is terrible for the game on any map, as you start to get people who will only accept perfect team comps. It utterly destroys the meaning of elo as a skill indicator, as it's not hard to win if you only accept teams full of OP picks or known skilled players. I usually get 4-5 dodges before a game actually starts. This is what killed draft mode. 4-5 dodges + already lengthly queue times caused everyone to give up on it. It also makes it very difficult to play champions that aren't 'top tier', as people will usually dodge if you put up a mediocre pick at higher elos. Not everyone wants to play Kassadin and Jax every game you know.

As said though, not holding my breath on this. They've known about this for months. If, and this is highly unlikely, it's actually a bug and not a setting they have left off intentionally there still isn't any good explanation as to why it's gone unfixed for so long.

Lopretni

08-06-2012

Until the Dominion community finds itself with less trolls and idiots, I'm more than happy to keep the dodge penalty in normals off. It needs to be on for draft, no doubt, which will solve the aforementioned issue.

lbgsloan

08-06-2012

Quote:
Lopretni:
Until the Dominion community finds itself with less trolls and idiots, I'm more than happy to keep the dodge penalty in normals off. It needs to be on for draft, no doubt, which will solve the aforementioned issue.

LoL soloq in general is filled with idiots and trolls. Even 2400+ elo SR pros get weak players in their games. Even if we get ranked Dominion, there will still be idiots and trolls. There is only one true escape, and that is full premade. I do agree that I've been a bit more...generous with the dodge button than I have in the past though. No flash/ignite Kat and Renek, take that **** to bot games please.