Is Dominion not as important as SR ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baleofvale

08-04-2012

Because it is a whole lot more fun. .

Master Juke

08-04-2012

People just dont take it seriously. Ive yet to understand how "farming minions for 30 minutes" is the true pvp side of this game, but what can you do. Riot hasnt gotten on their asses and put ranked back in DOM. Riot also hasnt made some sort of sub request or something to deal with afks.. and afks are a huge plague in DOM.

deepbluereason

08-04-2012

The easiest and most brutally honest answer to this question is "no, it's not as important as SR". That's Riot's track record with the map, not my opinion. I wish it weren't so.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

That's a sad thing too...I'm getting friends to play LoL and they find Dominion much more fun, it's a shame it's not being promoted like it should be.

baleofvale

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluereason View Post
The easiest and most brutally honest answer to this question is "no, it's not as important as SR". That's Riot's track record with the map, not my opinion. I wish it weren't so.
That's too bad.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
That's a sad thing too...I'm getting friends to play LoL and they find Dominion much more fun, it's a shame it's not being promoted like it should be.
pretty much my case, only that when they meet my oher Friends who are a bunch of sr purists they get dissapointed with the playerbase and never log in again, someone even told me, "meh Dominion is really fun but with your friends only wanting to play the most boring and long mode and not wwanting to play Dominon with me i think i'll have more action in minecraft or the sims, i at least can kill people in the later"

Mad Suppordle

08-04-2012

The vastly, vastly greater player base in SR means that for Riot, SR has to be more important. It's their bread and butter.

I still think Dominion is a great mode and deserves more attention though.

Orphane

08-04-2012

Dominion is still enjoyable even with the current lack of support for the game mode.. With the new queue system recently implemented, AFK randomers have been cut out by quite a bit.