Redeemed Riven Cosplay

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deejaypaul

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack22 View Post
Thing is, her thread has been upvoted 200+ times, because it's a good costume.
The 'Man the harpoons!' comment has been upvoted 150+ times, because the internet likes humor, regardless of whose expense.

If I was 6'8", I would put together a Mordekaiser costume. If I was 5"0', I would start work on a Teemo costume. If I really thin, I'd get some crunches in while I work on my Varus costume. If I was really large, I'd start on the Vandal Gragas.
Unfortunately I'm none of those, so I'm gonna be a Techpriest!
While I agree with your idea, I'm 6"4' and 270 pounds, 21% body fat, and I'm going to do a Garen costume this winter because I think that fits him great AND he's my favorite champion, I don't see what's wrong with someone doing someone they like. After all, if the thread had been named "LoL Cosplay." would you have come in and been like "wtf is that?" I know I wouldn't.

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

This is a very well-made costume, Props to you.

Star of Destiny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Well! I don't know if my comment is going to be read or not by the TC, but, if it does.. I'd be happy to make some critique. ;D

Anyways, I'm very impressed by the amount of work that you put into your gauntlet, sword, and armored--shoes? That takes a good amount of dedication and I guess, though, to be nitpicky, you could probably do a tad more work on designing the top portion of the sword. (BUT .. like I said, it's just me being nitpicky!)

Those are the parts of the cosplay that I liked the most.

When it comes to the teal-colored fabric of your choice underneath the armor, I feel that the texture of it doesn't sit right for me with it and it seems like you'd be a better more "shinier" appeal of having something else. Probably try to find something in silk? If comfort is an issue, then, maybe you might have to layer one sort of fabric over the other.

I'm pretty sure most people already commented on how you might fair well better in a white colored wig, and I agree with them.

Last but not least! The base armor and shoulders, honestly.. well, I think you did well for what you did! Trying to cosplay as a heavily armored warrior isn't that easy at all and it looks better than other "Redeemed" Rivens out there. Sure, the main thing I'd probably improve on is giving the armor more of a shaded/rugged look to make it more authentic and battleworn.

In any case, I know overall I'm just kind of nitpicking.. it happens! I'm kind of a cosplay elitist.

But, I really admire your dedication to your cosplay. It's nice to see people try and challenge themselves to cosplay the better outfits rather then the "Oh, I can buy this from a costume store and say it's this-or-that cosplay!" So lazy.

Hope to see more updates on how your cosplay went!

KínseySíx

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack22 View Post
Thing is, her thread has been upvoted 200+ times, because it's a good costume.
The 'Man the harpoons!' comment has been upvoted 150+ times, because the internet likes humor, regardless of whose expense.

If I was 6'8", I would put together a Mordekaiser costume. If I was 5"0', I would start work on a Teemo costume. If I really thin, I'd get some crunches in while I work on my Varus costume. If I was really large, I'd start on the Vandal Gragas.
Unfortunately I'm none of those, so I'm gonna be a Techpriest!
Well to be fair, as a bloke you get a heck of a lot more options than she does. You've got skinny, fat, ripped, bulky, lithe, tiny and old.

Her options are 'skinny with big knockers' or 'skinny with GIGANTIC knockers'.

Possibly 'dwarf', 'eight year old', 'avian' or 'half-snake', if she happens to be any of these things.

TheGiriel

08-06-2012

I agree on this being great some amazing work, but it is obvious that you lose a lot of points for not chosing the right model for such a character, at least in my opinion.
Wouldn't it be a great thing for you, as the manufacturer, to see a model wearing your work if she'd have Riven's figure?

DJ Swampy

08-06-2012

Shoulda done gragas... idc how much hate worth it.

Freshwalrus

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgManBasher View Post
That's the funny part about a lot of these people. You know **** well most of them aren't exactly models.

People act like fat is unattractive, but weight is just weight. I don't see why people make it an issue. My friend is gorgeous and she is much bigger than this girl. She is +300 pounds.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._3850580_n.jpg
that girl looks like she sucks **** while eating a specialty burger off of in&out's secret menu.

tist

08-06-2012

dem biceps

Docter Mundo

08-06-2012

Mundo also eats swords

All the time

IIIblaineIII

08-06-2012

I think it looks Amazing! You're very pretty and very talented