Ennervating Locket

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

08-04-2012

Anyone know why this was removed instead of reworked? It just seems tragic that Udyr can't have Locket. Bring back Locket, for Justice.

Chlose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEtBx1tDE4

TheLastBaron88

Autocthon

08-04-2012

Locket. Was. Broken.

The actual HP/Mana return on it was horridly OP, and would only ever be used basically on Udyr/Sona if it was nerfed.

KobaltKode

08-04-2012

I could have sworn the dropped it on Sona's release if not a little bit after. That explains it well enough!

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-04-2012

Innervating Locket was removed because champions with very short cooldowns and/or double-activate skills were able to abuse it, essentially becoming a mobile fountain for their team in a fight. The amount of regeneration obtainable from it was absurd. Then you get teams of Gragas, Udyr, and Sona, each of them using a Locket. Good luck killing any 1 of them.

As for "reworking" it, there was a Journal of Justice article about the League artificiers having a catastrophic accident while working on some form of locket, that was intended to be used in future League matches. A few patches later, Locket of the Iron Solari was added to the item shop. This has pretty much been taken for unofficial confirmation of Innervating Locket being replaced with Locket of the Iron Solari.

Lazreal

08-05-2012

yea so please buff Locket of the Iron Solari so it can be a competive item aswell

TheLastBaron88

08-05-2012

Interesting, I had seen a post about some of Locket's stats somewhere before and thought they looked familiar. I run Locket of Iron Solari on my supports sometimes... Is there currently an aura item that can regen health and mana for nearby friendly champs? And what specifically were the stats of the original Locket again? I can't remember.

axesandspears

08-05-2012

Soulshroud for mana.
Locket for Health regen.
Go to google and type in "LOL Locket wiki" to find a page on LoL.wikia with the old locket.

The Blue Jelly

08-05-2012

Yeah, Locket was reworked on Sona's release, but wasn't removed until I think either the next or the following champ patch (But don't quote me).

Grag, Sona, and Udyr were all ridiculously OP with it. Especially Sona.
So they removed it =P