Yordles and Meglings

Yay. (Separate them) 160 48.05%
Nay. (Yordle dominance) 173 51.95%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Yordles and Meglings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dessim8

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonhunter View Post
Amumu is sad , you forgot he is a yordle to..
Is he a yordel? I thought he was a child without a race specified.

Enrayged

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
Is he a yordel? I thought he was a child without a race specified.

Nope - they went back and changed it. He is now an Arabian yordle O.o

jaestel

09-11-2010

Aren male Yordles critters like Veigar and Teemo, and females look like Poppy and Tristana ?
Like males have animal features, and females are more human like.

Dessim8

09-11-2010

What is Heimer then? He looks more like a Spongebob than a chinchilla.

Raele

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Secondly, why have we not seen any male blue yordles yet? O.o
Why some cats are black, some white, etc?
Why women wear half of paint shop on their faces?
Why men don't shave their fur from face?
Why Evelynn is blue?

We might never know!

Also, Teemo is only yordle whose face you can see clearly. And it was never stated that it's natural color of his face, not camouflage.

Zzilb

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Extreme sexual dimorphism in animals right here on Earth isn't unheard of. Angler fish for example.
Angler fish are horrible scary monsters.
This must mean yordles would be too, if only they would stop hugging everyone.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
It has never been that hard for me to swallow. We're talking about a highly magical world in which things like Twitch and Rammus accidentally occur. Extreme mutation is acceptable. Its been argued before that variation in fur and kittynoses are all no different from human eye and hair, and if we find standard understanding of biology isnt enough to dismiss it theres good old 'Its maaaagic' to wave it all away.

Why should this be problematic? Nothing else in these stories seems to have to correlate to the norms of really real reality? Why this?
Pretty sure Twitch and Rammus didn't "accidentally occur." I think they are a specific race found in the world -- we just haven't seen any more of their kind because they aren't as prolific as say humans or yordles.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurt02 View Post
This is actually not true. The developers have said several times that Meglings were always intended to be Yordles (yes, even before the line that was added to Tristana's story), and the reason that the lore was "changed" was because they realized that this wasn't as apparent as they thought it would be.
Maybe that's what was intended, but that isn't how it read in the original lore.

Powermad3

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessim8 View Post
What is Heimer then? He looks more like a Spongebob than a chinchilla.
I think the object on the top of Heimer's head that looks like a brain is actually his hair. It's just very big and very brain like. I wonder how long it takes to actually do his hair if that actually is his hair.

Zzilb

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Pretty sure Twitch and Rammus didn't "accidentally occur." I think they are a specific race found in the world -- we just haven't seen any more of their kind because they aren't as prolific as say humans or yordles.
Oh? Presently, the site lists these as the character backgrounds.
"Caught in a burst of wild magic, Rammus began to evolve. In the matter of a week, he was man-sized and a week after that he had achieved sentience."

"The waste products of Zaun's many different scientific and magical endeavors have flowed together in its sewers, mixing into a toxic and mysterious concoction. Rising up from this alchemical nightmare is a single plague rat. Unlike his lesser evolved cousins, Twitch (as he calls himself) can talk and read and interact with the world as well as any of the other sentient beings in Valoran."

This thread from a while back in the test realm lists many lore changes, and those changes seem to confirm. Twitch, for example, is seeking to recreate the accident of his sentience and joined 'As the only one of his kind'. Add to these that the general theme of LoL tends to include wild magic and twisted landscapes and areas forever fluxed and I conclude that the best you can do is call all accidentally sentient animals kin.

That thread really belongs in this forum, for all to see. Perhaps another potential sticky?