Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Someone notify the SR noobs that....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Juke

08-04-2012

Problem is, people who think they are right dont want to change...

Infirc

08-04-2012

Quote:
Rebel Dragon:
Accusations of trolling because I'm playing Garrison/Revive Soraka.
No, really.

the bes tpart is when you dominate bot lane and that Sion goes like " lol troll soraka Op" in the all chat n_n.

as for the guy who stated something along the lines of being patient enough for "new players" you do have to consider low Elo dominion as the lol pbe i've been queued with guys that have a 1900 sr ranked elo and 5 games of DOminion at most, picking flash looking for a "quick first win while stomping noobs", and then they suck at the game, after that they blame their teams isntead of seeing their own msitake because they are the 1900 they are the "pro" players so it's never their fault. in short: a guy may have been palying ranke dsince it came out but he might have never played DOminion, i's not only a separated Elo wher ehe is back where he started, it is a Separate meta where he tries to follow a completely different meta with the mentality that he is right and everyone else isn't, jsut look at the guy that came here not much agp saying "omfg i spectated a featured high elo Dominion match, 10 revives and no flash is that really the meta"???

wCp Poseidon

08-04-2012

Lol domion players saying sr is for noobs. Mfw. Dang your dominion mlg tournaments are nuts arent they. Dominion is honestly a time kill for most people, tt gets more respect than dominion.

Rebel Dragon

08-04-2012

Quote:
wCp Poseidon:
Lol domion players saying sr is for noobs. Mfw. Dang your dominion mlg tournaments are nuts arent they. Dominion is honestly a time kill for most people, tt gets more respect than dominion.

I think you missed the point of this thread.

Now shoo back to GD.

stoneipa

08-04-2012

Quote:
Degenero:
I gave up helping people because they are resistant to change. The way to make a person the most angry is to ask them to change. Haha.

Sometime it makes me angry when they point out I'm doing something wrong, but after I've cooled down I usually change if there right.

Best ADZilean NA

08-04-2012

Above all else we should strive to remain positive toward people, ESPECIALLY people we suspect are new to dominion meta. The only thing that bothers me about SR players is when they refuse to take the game seriously and throw on purpose "because it's dominion" in their words.

Reynmaker

08-04-2012

I've seen instances where flash saved a life, but in those instances, you're probably to weak to take a point, and probably to weak to defend one, and to be honest, if you took flash, you probably didn't take garrison too. Flash just isn't as strong since there's no safe 'side' to retreat to.

DiscworldDeath

08-04-2012

Quote:
Ekis the Seraph:
I'm not getting people who are new to Dominion specifically (unless their win count also includes their bots games, I could be wrong here).

Not to mention I know you know of the new matchmaking process, I was getting new players with ~50-70 wins so it can't be entirely based off perceived ELO bracket (I was at ~2200 around that time)

1. It doesn't include co-op games...

2. That's not really how Elo works. When lolmatches still retrieved Elo I had a player with 48 wins, 21 losses in my games, he had about 2,200 Elo.

Don't go making too many assumptions based on number of wins. Wickd's SR smurf got to 2.2k Elo with 40 wins and 2 losses or something.

GET REKT FGT

08-04-2012

Quote:
DiscworldDeath:
1. It doesn't include co-op games...

2. That's not really how Elo works. When lolmatches still retrieved Elo I had a player with 48 wins, 21 losses in my games, he had about 2,200 Elo.

Don't go making too many assumptions based on number of wins. Wickd's SR smurf got to 2.2k Elo with 40 wins and 2 losses or something.

I wasn't assuming anything; I stated that with the new matchmaking process Riot implemented, you have a wider selection of players to play with in order to decrease queue times, at the expense of at many time "newer" players.

Not to mention even with that amount of a win/loss ratio, your examples really don't disprove the fact that they're newer than most/play less than many, unless they are smurfing but obviously you can tell the difference between a newer player and a smurfing vet in-game. An equal example would be my what, 50-70 wins in SR. Sure I've been playing LoL for 8-9 months now but you can definitely tell that I don't play SR much by just looking at me/my profile. Does that make me a seasoned vet in SR since I've been playing for that long or am I technically still a "newbie" based on textbook definition?

DiscworldDeath

08-04-2012

My point was, it's not matchmaking chucking 1,600 Elo players into 2,200 territory, it's that these players are that Elo. Even with these number of wins.

And you said that couldn't be based entirely off of Elo, which is wrong, as the examples show.
For the record, that 48-21 player played thousands of SR games, and really had terrible calls about Dominion, and it hurt, but his Dominion Elo was that bracket high.