Someone notify the SR noobs that....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Well, I'm officially angry. Just had an SR Udyr who quit immediately because the other team had 4 revives, and a Xin and Lux with Flash...

aToasterStrudel

08-04-2012

This is what happens when I play Ashe without flash:
Roll into load screen to see a team full of displacement skills and a **** jarvan.

Of course the flipside is that I get so used to NOT having flash that when I do have it I freaking treat it like exhaust and constantly flash onto people hahahahaha.

Quincunx

08-04-2012

I really wish people would stop making threads complaining about "SR noobs". If we are trying to convince people to switch from SR to Dominion, calling the few who spend the time to try Dominion "noobs" is not a good strategy.

Also, flash isn't even that bad. Taking flash and using it properly is better than taking ghost and wasting it at the beginning of the game to get to the windmill faster at level 3, which I constantly saw until at least 1700 elo. Furthermore, if you are getting people who are new to Dominion, chances are you are around 1200-1400 elo, and you should be asking yourself how to improve before deriding others on their summoner choices made through innocent lack of knowledge and previous biases.

On the other hand, if you are ridiculed for taking revive, and patiently explaining the reasoning doesn't work, just ignore them and try to win. You know you are right, and chances are, if they made it to an elo where revive is prevalent without the spell, they are probably actually decent at the game, even if taking revive equals a free 100 elo or so due to its relative power.

irott

08-04-2012

People play whatever they feel comfortable with. Even switching Flash from D to F is a big step.

Sometimes it takes a while to make a transition. We just need to show them other possibilities.

lbgsloan

08-04-2012

Lots of SR Cho players with flash/ghost lately. All dodged.

Flash addiction too strong. I even see people take it on PG.

Orphane

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Lots of SR Cho players with flash/ghost lately. All dodged.

Flash addition too strong. I even see people take it on PG.
Why...wouldn't you take Flash on PG?

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
I really wish people would stop making threads complaining about "SR noobs". If we are trying to convince people to switch from SR to Dominion, calling the few who spend the time to try Dominion "noobs" is not a good strategy.

Also, flash isn't even that bad. Taking flash and using it properly is better than taking ghost and wasting it at the beginning of the game to get to the windmill faster at level 3, which I constantly saw until at least 1700 elo. Furthermore, if you are getting people who are new to Dominion, chances are you are around 1200-1400 elo, and you should be asking yourself how to improve before deriding others on their summoner choices made through innocent lack of knowledge and previous biases.

On the other hand, if you are ridiculed for taking revive, and patiently explaining the reasoning doesn't work, just ignore them and try to win. You know you are right, and chances are, if they made it to an elo where revive is prevalent without the spell, they are probably actually decent at the game, even if taking revive equals a free 100 elo or so due to its relative power.
I'm not getting people who are new to Dominion specifically (unless their win count also includes their bots games, I could be wrong here).

Not to mention I know you know of the new matchmaking process, I was getting new players with ~50-70 wins so it can't be entirely based off perceived ELO bracket (I was at ~2200 around that time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Why...wouldn't you take Flash on PG?
I heard that they got a Barrier summoner's spell that's supposedly the equivalent to Dom's Revive and SR's Flash. I don't play PG though, can they get away to heal?

Taenaryn

08-04-2012

"Why are you AD, Malz?? GG, we've lost."

I have a short and sweet explanation. "Pets scale 1:1 with AD and arpen. Check my damage at end of game before you call troll." And that's all I say.

I don't even bother explaining Revive. I say "Check Sauron's threads on the dominion forums."

Orphane

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
I'm not getting people who are new to Dominion specifically (unless their win count also includes their bots games, I could be wrong here).

Not to mention I know you know of the new matchmaking process, I was getting new players with ~50-70 wins so it can't be entirely based off perceived ELO bracket (I was at ~2200 around that time)

I heard that they got a Barrier summoner's spell that's supposedly the equivalent to Dom's Revive and SR's Flash. I don't play PG though, can they get away to heal?
I was in a PG the other day, took Barrier and Flash as Annie. There's no reason Flash is a bad spell on Proving Grounds. In Dominion, it's because there are spells that are much better on most champions.

irott

08-04-2012

PG is like two "Running of the Bulls" crashing into each other.
Heal/Barrier is good for when you get caught in the middle.