Just premaban yorick from dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
remember, yorick cant 1v1 anybody before lvl 6. he relies heavily on pushing heavily until he can get the levels/items to 1v1 people. if u can outpush him early on and keep it up all game, u can win the lane. any good early push champ will do. even hybrid mf building E first will work well. stops his sustain with W and kills minions with Q
I 1v1 and have in some cases 1v2'd people at level 3/4. depends if i can grab that first health pack. He's weakest prior to level 3 when he doesn't have all of his ghouls, but being dominion you don't have that opportunity. Just try and keep a little extra range, if you have aoe, hit the ghouls with it when he goes to harass.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Maybe the OP should dedicate his life to playing a strong bot lane champ and learn how to beat Yorick. That way he can take out his rage on enemy yoricks that he comes across.

Or maybe the OP can just play other OP champs on dominion and dominate top. Champs like Zyra, Jax, Poppy, Rammus(?), Alistar, etc.

Im real sorry that Yorick has got you down, but I tend to have a lot more hatred for other champs than him. He can be a real pain, but so can many many others, such as my current Zyra that I love to hate.

Chezbayou

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Maybe the OP should dedicate his life to playing a strong bot lane champ and learn how to beat Yorick. That way he can take out his rage on enemy yoricks that he comes across.

Or maybe the OP can just play other OP champs on dominion and dominate top. Champs like Zyra, Jax, Poppy, Rammus(?), Alistar, etc.

Im real sorry that Yorick has got you down, but I tend to have a lot more hatred for other champs than him. He can be a real pain, but so can many many others, such as my current Zyra that I love to hate.
problem is that if your team loses bot it doesn't matter if you win top the enemy's have 3 points, and if want to reclaim bot you have to send more then one down leaving top vulnerable.

otirruborez

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
You should read every reply in this thread. And you "assumed" with a slippery slope fallacy, did you read anywhere in that post that you should "play Udyr every game", see somewhere that states "Yorick is in every game", or do you always like talking out of your rear end? I gave a counter to Yorick, hence I digress to my main point. He has counters, and can be stalemated/fought off, contrary to the OP's beliefs. Thus, think a little harder.
read the OP then read your reply. you want him to counter yorick with udyr. this is blind pick my friend. unless you want him to play udyr every game, the chance of him being udyr against a yorick is very slim. yorick will still pop up when he is playing something else, which is why he wants him removed.

ShawNuff

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
read the OP then read your reply. you want him to counter yorick with udyr. this is blind pick my friend. unless you want him to play udyr every game, the chance of him being udyr against a yorick is very slim. yorick will still pop up when he is playing something else, which is why he wants him removed.
Lets face it, in blind pick you don't get the luxury of seeing the enemies bot lane choice. You have to choose one that can lane against most of the popular bot lanes or else you are asking to lose the game. If you want to beat the occasional Yorick picks in blind, then you really need to play a champion that beats him in every game if you want to win when he pops up. You can't say, "permaban this champ because I don't want to adapt". Personally, I haven't seen a Yorick botlane for quite some time, both in my dominion games (2k+ for sure) or games I have spectated.

You can't just pick whatever you want for botlane and expect to win, there are some lanes that I like playing that just plain don't work against the top picks for the lane, so I have to save those for an occasion where I'm in draft and their bot lane is already locked in.

Lopretni

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Or you can think a little harder and understand that we're saying he has counters (psst, learn to play new champs). Hell even I play Soraka and beat Yoricks until they stack MRes and even then I just grab Will of the Ancients to supplement his ghoul damage.
Or you could stop being a snarky little ****.

He means, why should people play specific champions JUST to counter one in the offchance they happen to face them?That doesn't seem even slightly unfair or broken to you?

I'd like to play Ziggs, but the other team MIGHT have a Yorick, so I have to play from a pool of three champions!