Just premaban yorick from dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
i replied to what i read. you should type what you mean.
You should read every reply in this thread. And you "assumed" with a slippery slope fallacy, did you read anywhere in that post that you should "play Udyr every game", see somewhere that states "Yorick is in every game", or do you always like talking out of your rear end? I gave a counter to Yorick, hence I digress to my main point. He has counters, and can be stalemated/fought off, contrary to the OP's beliefs. Thus, think a little harder.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I do fine vs yorick as Zyra, then again i main yorick so i kinda know what he's capable of and when to engage and when to back off.

Floods of Colour

08-04-2012

Riven kills Yorick every time the minute she hits 6..

Genericke

08-04-2012

I really wouldn't mourn the loss of Yorick if he was forever banned in dominion. I think he's one of the biggest turn offs for new players who have no idea of how to face him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irott View Post
A Ranged AD with a lotta lifesteal and Executioners Calling or something else that provides Grievious Wounds can at least hold the lane for a good portion of the game. Late game he becomes more of a problem if he goes tanky.

I have completely caught a decent Yorick off guard playing a MF. Shutting down his sustain and keeping yours high enough is key.
I thought this would work too and maybe it does with MF, but in my experience once Yorick starts stacking armor especially with thormail you can no longer win the lane (Sivir and Cait). This would be fine if you have an AP that can switch with you, but it isn't always the case.

Albert Dakkar

08-04-2012

I've had success as MF as well. Also I've been able to handle Yorick pretty well as Maokai. He can stalemate the lane easily, especially with the help of promote, and becomes a brick wall eventually. And Riven pretty much straight up destroys yorick.

HaIfhearted

08-04-2012

I dunno about ranged AD's working lategame.

Lategame Yorick can just get FH+Wardens Mail and now the AD can't kite him, and has their AS slowed by like ~40-50%, AND the Yorick will have about 200ish armor from that.

I don't see a ranged AD winning that.

irott

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
thought this would work too and maybe it does with MF, but in my experience once Yorick starts stacking armor especially with thormail you can no longer win the lane (Sivir and Cait). This would be fine if you have an AP that can switch with you, but it isn't always the case.
Agreed, late game he gets so tanky that you can't even stalemate. At that point you have to hope your top has enough of a foothold to send someone to, not gank bot, but harrass enough to delay his push.

larkhill

08-04-2012

remember, yorick cant 1v1 anybody before lvl 6. he relies heavily on pushing heavily until he can get the levels/items to 1v1 people. if u can outpush him early on and keep it up all game, u can win the lane. any good early push champ will do. even hybrid mf building E first will work well. stops his sustain with W and kills minions with Q

Rebel Dragon

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
remember, yorick cant 1v1 anybody before lvl 6. he relies heavily on pushing heavily until he can get the levels/items to 1v1 people. if u can outpush him early on and keep it up all game, u can win the lane. any good early push champ will do. even hybrid mf building E first will work well. stops his sustain with W and kills minions with Q
Ummm...with exhaust I've killed people at level 4, and then gone to cap their bot while the windmill fight is still going on. Depends on which poor fool gets sent bot, I guess.

Edit: Should mention the other guy normally doesn't have revive at my ELO.

LegendAwaknd

08-04-2012

I target his dead minions first. Especially with Irelia they die fast, my Q refreshed and then I go after him, stunning him cause 99% of the time my health is lower than his. Get his health low enough to piece out, visit my fountain, then come back for some 1 on1 lane fighting.