Can we get a nerf to dedicated backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdFireBeast

08-06-2012

The answer to this problem is the same answer to all LoL problems. More Teemo.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Today I won a game because I had a Zilean go Pooterss.

He just randomed Zilean in the champion selection and he took ghost. My team also had a guy who was testing out Tryn (he was obviously new to Dominion). We were losing quite badly since Tryn kept thinking he could just 1v5 a team under their point. So, I convinced Zilean to go Pooterss. He did...we won quite easily afterwards... All I had to do was keep their Yorick busy at bot (first time Yorick apparently), our Irelia was fed so she could kill anyone 1v1. Evelynn was also catching enemies by surprise and backcapping. Tryn was just going on suicidal charges at top so the other team had to constantly dedicate someone top from Tryn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFireBeast View Post
The answer to this problem is the same answer to all LoL problems. More Teemo.
Isn't Teemo the root of all problems in League of Legends?

konfetarius

08-06-2012

Quote:
1. As I said above (I think), the map awareness required to play Dom and counter backcapping is non-existant. Anyone can do it. Decisions of when to cap? Is anyone there? nope. Cap. (That's the only thing pooters does, and if he isn't "a master" of the strat, then who is?).
2. QSS, shurelia's, boots of mobility, and FoN, the rest doesn't matter.
1. Given that the jungle exists, I am not sure how you can say that. Blindly going for a point when "no one is there" is how the Pooters strat fails because chasing Pooters is simple as he has specific destinations he has to go to. You can't afford to be predictable.

And, with all due respect to Pooters, no, he isn't the master. He is the pioneer. From what I've seen, he is still learning how support his team with actions outside backdooring (a few months ago, you would almost never see him toss a spell on an ally or enemy to help out).

2. And then the chaser builds damage, catches you (sometimes in seconds with an opportunistic gank maneuver from an ally), and then goes on to contribute to a 4 vs 3 fight with said damage. Pure escape item build is pubstomping people who send 2+ people chasing after Pooters all game.

Quote:
Now, using such ridiculous arguments for "skill", I could make a case that walking (as in, real life walking) is hard. I won't, however, since that'd be stupid.
Do you pay attention to the tourneys at all? Games are routinely won and lost by "walking" skill as you call it. By your analogy, 99+% of the LoL population suffers from blindness, deafness, and leprosy.

Individually, those things aren't hard. Doing them all at once is. Try reading a book while walking across a busy street, that should readily highlight why your argument is silly.

Wolfalisk

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
Now I don't mean "they have top hammer their mid force them to split" - that's basic strategy.

I mean, Eve / shaco / zilean, when all they do is build movespeed/escape items, and constantly backdoor all game.

Is it OP? No.

Is it too strong? No, not really.

Is it OBSCENELY irritating? Absolutely.

Is it even MORE annoying when you finally kill them, only to recieve 20g from their repeated deaths? Yes yes and yes.

Proposition - if a champion is spam capturing points, they're doing well, right? Theoretically anyway. Treat it like assists in normals - it builds against your gold penalty.

So if you're' spam backdooring, and someone finally catches you, you're at least worth the 100g you ought to be.
The removal of Elyssia's Miracle (sp?) was your deserved compensation for backdooring issues. For the rest of your troubles you need to watch the minimap and count.