Can we get a nerf to dedicated backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

08-05-2012

Quote:
Skill require? Nope
Item build decisions require? Nope
Stragegy involved? Nope.
1. Map awareness says hi. Decision of when to cap which point says hello. Juking, kiting, baiting says salute. Communication waves its hand.
2. Balance of mobility, defenses, and items that can contribute to situational ganks, baits, team fights says hi.
3. Stragegy may not apply, but strategy is very much still there. You make a ton of decisions, you have to communicate with your team, you have to essentially re-think how you play dominion because 4 vs 4 team fight frequency is dramatically lower.

The only sin of pootering is that it takes people out of their comfort zone.

Kiddalee

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
And thus it won't get nerfed.
Nonsense. Riot regularly nerfs champions and builds that are overwhelming to new players. Xin, Eve, and Twitch were overnerfed for so long to prevent pubstomping, not to balance them. Same with Sunfire Cape. POOTing has unfun results: either the backdoor player is useless all game or he pubstomps. When the POOTer is of the pubstomping type, he is effective until high Elo. POOTing needs looking at if we intend to attract players at the most populous Elos.

KawkRawket

08-05-2012

i think you are a moron Kiddalee.

POOTERSS has always been effective at high elo, hence why he has multiple DD tournament wins and has played for Point Defense.

but u probably dont know what those things are, do you? : /

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by irott View Post
Antipoot

ROFL
poot means gay in dutch..

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
poot means gay in dutch..
then the Dominion comunity is Pro poot xD

just to re add. everything that konfetarius said holds true, some baccappers can go as far as helping the team a little bit while actually going for a point, example a Janna going toward an enemy mid spotting a jungle fight and dropping a shield on a nearby ally that needs it while she keeps on her way to cap a point, it also confuses people a lot and i mean enemy pŤople.

Melvear

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawkRawket View Post

POOTERSS has always been effective at high elo, hence why he has multiple DD tournament wins and has played for Point Defense.

I lol'ed

Pooterss' gamestyle works because his team adapts or even embraces it. And he wins because few people know how to effectively counter it.

I've only seen one or two games where Pooterss played in NESL tournies, and he didn't really play the typical Pooterss style, making that point moot.

Finally, it's harder to play against Pooterss now because there's no draft. You don't know what champions are being picked. Seeing Rammus and Janna, or Zilean and Blitzcrank are cues that says "Get someone to kill a backdoorer", and you don't have that in blind. All you can do is hope people pick up quickly that this is not going to be a normal game and adapt. And honestly, after my first game against him in a long time tonight, it seems people don,t quite pick up on it even if you tell them before the game starts that they need a mallet or a rylai's if they intend on killing pooterss, who is gonna BD all game.

HaIfhearted

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
~~Seeing Rammus and Janna, or Zilean and Blitzcrank are cues~~
I saw a featured game where POOTERSS was playing Lulu just 2 hours ago.
The signs are a changin....

Melvear

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I saw a featured game where POOTERSS was playing Lulu just 2 hours ago.
The signs are a changin....
Yeah, I played vs him about an hour-an hour and a half ago and he played lulu. Hell, the game you're talking about might be the same I was in.

Kiddalee

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawkRawket View Post

Do you happen to have a point? Because I don't see what statement your post is making about the statement in mine. It looks as though you did not read it, or the post it replied to. Tell me, in your own words, exactly what I said.

lbgsloan

08-05-2012

Can't stand this particular strategy. It's extremely selfish for one; if you have a backcapper on your team you have no choice but to play along as they're going to do their thing regardless. It's also extremely annoying to fight when you have a disorganized team. People run around like chickens with their heads cut off and you lose in under 10 minutes. As said, the counter is to have someone hunt the backcapper down all game. Soloq players often aren't smart enough to understand this, or you don't have anyone on your team particularly suited to chasing a full speed zilean. It makes for extremely annoying games for both teams, as when it fails the game might as well be a 4v5.

You also can't play legit support Zilean at higher elos without immediately triggering a dodge or complaints thanks to this ****. I don't know, I really wish it failed most of the time so people would cut it out. But it works at lower elos. It works extremely well actually.