Can we get a nerf to dedicated backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Now I don't mean "they have top hammer their mid force them to split" - that's basic strategy.

I mean, Eve / shaco / zilean, when all they do is build movespeed/escape items, and constantly backdoor all game.

Is it OP? No.

Is it too strong? No, not really.

Is it OBSCENELY irritating? Absolutely.

Is it even MORE annoying when you finally kill them, only to recieve 20g from their repeated deaths? Yes yes and yes.

Proposition - if a champion is spam capturing points, they're doing well, right? Theoretically anyway. Treat it like assists in normals - it builds against your gold penalty.

So if you're' spam backdooring, and someone finally catches you, you're at least worth the 100g you ought to be.

Orphane

08-03-2012

How quaint

HaIfhearted

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
Is it OP? No.

Is it too strong? No, not really.
And thus it won't get nerfed.
Making point caps/neutralizes increase your gold worth is an interesting idea, but not necessarily one I agree with.

Hell, I could see it promoting some extremely poor play, where multiple people stop capping an enemy point just to keep their gold value down, and if everyone stops capping at once (poor communication kills) then the enemy keeps their point for much longer, and your team just ended up hurting itself more than it did the enemy.

Yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous and unlikely, but then again I've both seen and heard some pretty stupid ****, and wouldn't put it past people to pull something like that.

DiscworldDeath

08-04-2012

Map awareness counters it, and you said yourself, it's not really in need of a nerf.

Talith PA

08-04-2012

Have someone dedicate themselves to following them all game. Turn it into a 3v3 (top) + 1v1 (poot / antipoot) + 1v1 (bot)

FDru

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
Proposition - if a champion is spam capturing points, they're doing well, right?
No. Capturing points doesn't win games, holding them does.

The counter to backcap strats is having one dedicated high mobility champ to monitor the jungle and stay focused on the backcapper. What happens is that the rest of the game becomes a 4v4 until their backcapper dies, at which point it becomes 5v4 in your favor until they revive. Keep that up until victory.

irott

08-04-2012

Antipoot

ROFL

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Talith Pa and Fdru are right, backdooring has already been nerfed in the past by the removal of priscillas so that Teemos would stop stacking phantom dancers (i did backdoor on my beloved priscilla's days but heck even then stackng phantom dancers was a bad idea and seemed like so). Having a high mobility champion dedicated o disrup the backdoorer while ahving a 3v3 at top and a 1v1 bot can pretty much work in your favor more than in the backdoorer favor

as a plus: things that made me go on my nerve when i was backdooring

Lee sin: the guy can see where you are going and given proper skill cap launch himsel at you while slowing you and killing you
Rumble+rilayis: this is more dependant on watching the minimap at all times and trying to predict your next move, then hidding in a brush and flamespitting in your face, it still works after the nerf and his slow stacks with his harpoon thingamabob slow.
Shaco: place box on speedshrines on your territorry, hide in brush, backdoorer will get feared and lose valuable time, i don't put other trap placers because althogh mushrooms and traps are useful they are visible and you must step on them to trigger them, so Jitbs get to the top 1 just because they have ranged cc and damage
Jax: Just jump on the backdoorer, no really, just jump on him
Kassadin and akali: the former didn't give me torubles until he was lvl 6, for other part akali was on pre-nerf gunblade status so she gave me troubles even when lacking the mobility becaus eof the sheer amount of damage she did, she no longer gives a backdoorer troubles until she's level 6 though and kassadin is better at chasing now

Xavderion

08-04-2012

^ you forgot (semi)global ults

Forestgreen02

08-04-2012

No the counter is to take jungle control. If you do this, whoever is backdooring can't use speed shrines and killing is so easy. Speed shrines gives like +50% MS, you get this for free while whoever is backdooring spends all his gold on speed and HP? Last time I ran into one of them my team 5 capped them to a win because its always 5v4.