[RP] To those fraternising with league champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koragon

09-11-2010

Perhaps you are not as foolish as you have shown yourself to be in past discussions, Astor.

She will shred away Nashahago, and he will simply only be able to cry in his scum of self pity.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

*A man enters. He is wearing a dark purple robe covered in black runes of natures unintelligible to all, with probable exception of himself, but he refuses to tell of their nature of meaning. Known only by the name Munchlord, he has made a name of himself in the league as a mercenary summoner of particular brutality. Willing to work for the darkest of causes if the pay is right and rutinely pushing his summoned champions to their limits and beyond when he believes that it will further his ends, he is somewhat infamous, but his willingness to pay richly still attracts the champions more accustomed or ignorant of the concept of pain into his service.*

I believe that it is all but foolish not to form a relationship of some level with our champions. That being said, I also believe it unwise to take the relationship further than business level, thus still marking Nashahago's actions as unethical and unwise. That being said, there may occasionally be special circumstances that permits a closer relationship to persist. An example would be my apprentice. He has aired thoughts of entering the League as a champion for some years before finishing his studies and becoming a fully fledged summoner. If he decides to go through with it, he will still be my formor and future apprentice, even though he is a champion and I might summon him.

Dracorya

09-11-2010

To put ourselves "above" such feelings I think is foolish. We are still mortal and how are we to understand the issues that affect our world if we cut ourselves from it? Not all these champions are blatant scoundrels or *****s, but are honorable beings that can easily be enjoyable companions with the capacity to love.

We only lord over them because it is necessary, but we don't have to be their masters if we don't wish to be. There is the danger of bias, but that is a danger we must be willing to take to make sure we don't make the mistakes of our predecessors.

Engarde

Adjudicator

09-11-2010

In clarification of my earlier comments, it was written on a spur of the moment, as I have recently been subjected to the most infurating series of novices, not even to mention that fool Nashahago.

I did not mean to suggest we completely cut ourselves from the champions, but keep my words in mind.

Nothing good ever comes from emotions clouding otherwise reasonable judgement.

Babbits

09-12-2010

The cloud of The Prophet, Malzahar, brings only reason.

As was foreseen,
-Babbits, Rabbit of the Void

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engarde View Post
In clarification of my earlier comments, it was written on a spur of the moment, as I have recently been subjected to the most infurating series of novices, not even to mention that fool Nashahago.

I did not mean to suggest we completely cut ourselves from the champions, but keep my words in mind.

Nothing good ever comes from emotions clouding otherwise reasonable judgement.
Then we do, indeed, agree, as was my suspicion all the while. You do, after all, have a reputation for a sharp mind and reasonability of judgement.

neXi

09-12-2010

I have carved marks, constructed glyphs, drawn seals, and worn them, so they may thrive on their field of battle.

I deserve the right to a relationship with my champion.

And an Armordillo hug is much better than a bear hug.

Fact is, we treat each other as friends despite what others say. I care for him, yes, and friends care for each other. Each death is pain, and if you care about someone, you will do your best to protect them, make them stronger...

And help them bury into the flesh of their enemies. As is their will.

This gives me a passion others do not have due to a lack of relationship with their champion. They can lead them blindly, without caring for the wellbeing of the champion. They take risks, in which you do not with an object that matters.

For me, 1/1 every fight is not an option.

Matthew21210

09-12-2010

Have you ever summoned Evelyn to a battle?
Her... terms for "obedience" on the field are far more carnal than the new pair of shoes Miss Fortune can be had for...

Sapphyrite

09-12-2010

*raises eyebrow*

My most esteemed colleagues,
are we digressing? As much as I could understand the emotional attachment some of our colleagues may develop, we must not forget that the Champions are but tools to us. We serve a greater purpose, and must never forget this.

Does a General fraternize with a Soldier? Does a King romance with a Peasant?

We are the guardians of the balance in this world. The champions are our tools. To meddle further than this would put our resolve in danger.

They live their lives, we live ours. Do not mix summoning contracts with feelings, for this is a treacherous path to walk.

Leyline Astronomer,
Caelestes Sapphyrite

CG Uz

09-12-2010

As a summoner i have devloped close bonds with many champions.

Among my favorite are Nidalee Akali Vladamir and Mordekasier. Vlad and Morde are acutally quite nice despite their scary appearence and mean voice.