Class only items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Timez

08-03-2012

This is generally pointed towards the 0 cs support meta but may work for other roles.

I remember a couple of threads a while back mentioning that there should be a advanced tier GP5 item that can ward like wriggles except if every lane bought it, it would be broken / junglers would have hard time ganking.

Except how about we only limited this to characters tagged as a 'Support'.
Riot might have to rework certain characters labelling or add new class definitions in.

Good or bad idea?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Bad idea. Pigeon-holing item building is not good, and neither is creating useless items.

This would end up either being an amazing support item (and thus, bought on every support ever, limiting their build variety to boots, this, and 3-4 items, depending on if they want wards), or it wouldn't be worth it and just gather dust in the shop as an entirely unused, unnecessary toy.

Vuther

08-04-2012

Riot's not going to do that as they do not want to explicitly and aggressively categorize champions and items - best shown by how many "for the lulz" AP ratios there are on abilities not meant to scale.

I mean, just look at their champions tags, tons of them are terrible and/or confusing. If they won't do it right off the bat for the champions, I'd doubt they'd do it retroactively.