[RP] Regarding the Void-born

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steve Silvestri

09-11-2010

Representing Piltover, I feel, nay, I know, that I am smarter than all of you. So I bring my GENIUS viewpoint to all of you, void creatures are not worth it. Look at them. Who would be willing to trust a scythe armed monster, who devours other champions? He taints the very ground with his vorpal spikes, knocking anyone into the stratosphere, and he delights so much in killing, it restores his mental energies and healthiness.

Mal'Zahar? A psychotic killer, using evil energies to put himself in front of other mages. Why should I summon a man who (almost) matches my intelligence and magical prowess?

I have no remark on Kog'Maw, except that somebody should put a leash or something on him.

-Crivissimo.

Koragon

09-11-2010

Fearing what is inevitable will only bring self destruction.
Understanding what is to come, and learning from it, brings Wisdom.

Do not fear what is to come, for we will be able to control him, Summoners.

-Summoner Haelion Bastion.

AstorSapolsky

09-11-2010

I hope, Bastion, that you are not implying that our strength will overcome all without taking any sort of precaution.

Your words of fear speak true, however your implications are more dangerous than the creatures we discuss. We know nothing of their true potential, we have only seen three ambassadors and one account of what the Void actually contains. We need to learn what they have to offer, what their true strength is. If such a day comes when one summoner is overpowered, we will all need to take a stand.

If we just wait for such a day when something comes to challenge our resolve, we will lose. Your message is positive, but your laissez faire attitude is not.

-Astor Sapolsky

Koragon

09-11-2010

Do not fear what you don't know, instead, try to understand it.

-Summoner Haelion Bastion

AstorSapolsky

09-11-2010

You misunderstand me. I know we much learn instead of cower in fear, but we also remember our own mortality. We cannot assume that we can tackle any threat that comes across us. You seek to learn about them so you may harness their power, I seek to merely use my knowledge to protect us from their power.

I won't hide in fear, but I still won't abuse their power.

Koragon

09-11-2010

You seem to be almost my exact opposite Astor Sapolsky...

It will be interesting fighting you on the Fields of Judgement.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

*A man in a purple robe with black runes covering it. The black runes are a curious thing, for they are not of any type or language commonly known to the summoners of the league, and as of so far, this summoner has refused to reveal their nature or meaning. Even though most of his face is covered, the robe easily identifies the summoner as Munchlord. The unusual name in spite, the man shows a rather gaunt frame, even visible through the thick cloth. This summoner is known somewhat already for his ruthless tactics and brutality on the field of justice, ready to push his champion to his outmost limits and cause more than a little pain in order to get where he wants to go. Still, he pays well enough to always have someone to summon. He is a mercenary summoner, readily serving even the most grisly cause if the pay is right.*

I have conducted extensive research in the matter of void magic, along with a few minor experimentations. I can assure you all that the void does, indeed, exist. The lacking.... respect... for the laws of our world is a measure of their own. The very number of spatial dimensions is not a constant factor within the void, and the same goes for many another thing. Kassadin uses a void magic that mixes the magic of our own world with the void, he does hail from here after all. Malzahar's powers are more unusual in nature, as there is no traditional magic to be found in theri execution. He simply pulls void into this world, causing the laws of physics and magic to temporarily warp and distort in a localized segment of space and time to conform this new state of existance. The Voidlings are pulled along more or less by accident, and living in this world seems anathema to them, causing them to wither, die and disintegrate swiftly after entry. Preserving them for further study will be difficult to say the least.

As far as I have so far ascertained, the Voidlings are the lowest form of predatorial animal of the void, a very low placed link in the void food chain.

That being said, I suggest blind fear to be shed when dealing with the voidborn and their ilk. They must indeed have a reason to come, but their power is not limitless. Study them and prepare for the day where we finally meet with some of the lords of their realm, for Cho'gath, Kog'maw and Malzahar are but pawns in their game. Still, with preparations, the coming of the void can be a very profitable occasion for us, if we play our cards right.

Babbits

09-12-2010

Voidlings may exist on the bottom of the glorious chain of food in the Void, but they are more powerful than you can imagine! So powerful, that you cannot control them with all your magics. They heed only the word of their prophet. They thrive on your world, growing stronger and larger as they stabilize the foothold in your world, granted to them by the prophet. And when they serve their purpose, they are cut down and cast back into the Void. Such is our way. We demand sacrifice.

Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw embody the void. They seek to feed, and will feed, just as the Void will feed on your world, consuming it. The void cannot be stopped. It will consume you all, less you bow to it! In due course you will see this.

For now we work for you, playing your games, your petty squabbles. But in the end, oblivion awaits

Babbits
-Rabbit of the Void

Motas

09-12-2010

I will agree with summoner Haelion in this matter. That which we do not understand should not become an object of fear among us. Instead we should seek out knowledge of that which astounds us in order to become more acquainted with these beings from the Void. I have tampered with much void-magic as my time as a summoner here in the league and I have discovered one thing. This magic, though unique and strange, is quite powerful and accomplishes tasks no other magic could offer. That being said, the League is against the summonings of void-creatures into Runeterra, and for good reason. Those who tamper with that they do not know will be destroyed in due time. We should travel into the Void to learn of their ways in order to increase our own knowledge of the supposed portal that is the Void. Anyone willing to help me in this endeavor?

-Motas, Praetor of the Void-Mage Council

The Ninth Priest

09-12-2010

Have us Summoners already forgotten our purpose? It is to prevent the equivalent of another Rune War outbreak between Noxus and Demacia, for fear it would tear the very fabric of our world apart. With that back on our minds, did it not cross any of your minds that as more Void-spawn walk our world, the more difficult it will be to monitor their magic and rune use? Let alone contain? At some tipping point, it will be impossible for even the best of the League to put them in check, and the sibling of a new Rune War could break out.

-The 9th Priest