[RP] Regarding the Void-born

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstorSapolsky

09-10-2010

Though I have my own affiliations (for the sake of my neutrality, I will only here refer to my concern for Valoran), I have been known to recruit the strength of any who I see to best to grant me victory. Many times I have been known to call upon Kassadin for the Fields of Justice, and though his warnings hold true, I am not above recruiting the strength of the Void-borne champions. Most recently I have begun to experiment with Malzahar's powers... and they disturb me to a degree.

This may just be paranoia from having heard one too many lectures from Kassadin, but there seems to be several problems inherent with utilizing those from the Void. We know their powers are hardly kept in check, and when controlling them I find my strength waning. There seems to be almost a delay in relaying my commands... as if they are resisting. They are here for their own personal gain.

My experiences with Malzahar in particular were unsettling... but this may have to do with controlling the Prophet of the Void. He is actively resisting any summoner, and continues bringing creatures into this realm. Though his powers are not enough to hold them for long, I fear our use of the creatures of the Void only strengthens their resolve to unite our worlds, and to shortly thereafter enslave ours. It is only a time before Malzahar brings in creatures stronger than his pawns, and before they remain here permanently.

Beware those of the Void. They are only one step away.

CJ Donut Glaze

09-10-2010

I am also quite skeptical as to the effect of Malzahar's void portals. While I understand that there has been precaution in allowing him into the League, one must really question the motives of such an individual. Especially since we do not know much about him or his type of magic.

Although my perspective is limited-- Within the Kashuld clan, we highly advise our mages to take extra precaution when faced with void-type magic.

I agree with you that we should be careful with our interactions to these "void creatures". We do not understand their origin, or their motives. It is due to this that off-world summoning has been strictly banned by the League. Perhaps the league should impose restrictions to the summoning of these creatures? What do you think?

-Reira Kashuld
JoJ Staff

Klllok

09-11-2010

personally, I am as frightened by our void-born champions as i am fascinated by them. in response to Summoner AstorSapolsky's worries, i believe we may not be able to even comprehend what their motives are. they arent simply from another world; they're from another plane of existence. while our morality can be summed up as black and white, their morality (if they even have such values) may be yellow and red, completely foreign and not understandable by our minds.

However, this is where my fear gets taken over by fascination and a thirst for knowledge. what truly ARE these creatures? we have seen 2 champions of the void-born, one who serves them and one who activly opposes them. Consider then this point: where, in their world, do they lie in the spectrum of power? if Malzahar is to be believed, the Void contains horrors untold, of mind warping strength and magic. However, while Cho'Gath and Kog'Maw may be...unsettling, they aren't unstoppable. perhaps we can draw power from the void-born, if they are similar in intelligence to Cho'Gath, wich i have seen show frightening intelligence and cunning, we might be able to strike a... buisness deal with them. As we obviously have something they want.

In closing i say to my fellow summoners; do not fear the void-born as superiors. fear them as equals.
respect their power, and in time, it may pay off handsomely

Zzilb

09-11-2010

Oh please. Another falls to the argueably unproven borderline superstitious blatherings of the Void Walker. These.. The so called 'void-born' are nothing more than a curious mutation amongst a rich history of increasingly curious mutations. Brothers and sisters, be reasonable. We summoners know so very, very much, yet we are told the ability to traverse to The Outside is not just fairytales, its a lost art. Really?

The applied brilliance of The Institute cannot access a whole Dimension supposedly not only crawling with horrors but, in fact, leaking them left and right? No. I must respectfully disagree with esteemed brother Astor and side, instead, with the reserved, skeptical, and wisdom-seeking conduct of Miss Kashuld and Summoner K.. Killok? Klil-- Summoner HoweverYouSayIt.

I daresay its entirely possible that Mal'zahar and Kassadin are simply cashing in on all this spooky Icathia Void hoodoo.

I will, however, surrender that they are **** good at it. At least a dozen guilds have undertaken studies of the abilities and implications of the voidmatter spellcraft these individuals possess. Far be it from me to argue a Champion of the League would be anything less than astounding.. But! The mystery of How they do it aside, everything in evidence thusfar hardly warrants any more alarm than discovering a new variety of gemstone. Very intreaguing, perhaps we can make a lovely broach with it, but not dire.

Moreover, if we went about being 'afraid' of every crackpot "Prophet" ranting about doom from intangible realms, we'd never get any work done. Its just poor thinking. Explore. Cautiously examine. Learn.. But dont go Assuming theres anything here without persuasive evidence.
.. 'continues bringing creatures into this realm'.. 'Void portals'.. Feh. Flashy homunculii and little more. The **** things dont even stay materialized long enough for proper study.

- Stodgy Professor of Applied Q-phase Variables,
James Zilbworth.

T8mNEiLGTw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
. There seems to be almost a delay in relaying my commands... as if they are resisting.
tl;dr

I got lag

MadCast Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
Oh please. Another falls to the argueably unproven borderline superstitious blatherings of the Void Walker. These.. The so called 'void-born' are nothing more than a curious mutation amongst a rich history of increasingly curious mutations. Brothers and sisters, be reasonable. We summoners know so very, very much, yet we are told the ability to traverse to The Outside is not just fairytales, its a lost art. Really?

The applied brilliance of The Institute cannot access a whole Dimension supposedly not only crawling with horrors but, in fact, leaking them left and right? No. I must respectfully disagree with esteemed brother Astor and side, instead, with the reserved, skeptical, and wisdom-seeking conduct of Miss Kashuld and Summoner K.. Killok? Klil-- Summoner HoweverYouSayIt.

I daresay its entirely possible that Mal'zahar and Kassadin are simply cashing in on all this spooky Icathia Void hoodoo.

I will, however, surrender that they are **** good at it. At least a dozen guilds have undertaken studies of the abilities and implications of the voidmatter spellcraft these individuals possess. Far be it from me to argue a Champion of the League would be anything less than astounding.. But! The mystery of How they do it aside, everything in evidence thusfar hardly warrants any more alarm than discovering a new variety of gemstone. Very intreaguing, perhaps we can make a lovely broach with it, but not dire.

Moreover, if we went about being 'afraid' of every crackpot "Prophet" ranting about doom from intangible realms, we'd never get any work done. Its just poor thinking. Explore. Cautiously examine. Learn.. But dont go Assuming theres anything here without persuasive evidence.
.. 'continues bringing creatures into this realm'.. 'Void portals'.. Feh. Flashy homunculii and little more. The **** things dont even stay materialized long enough for proper study.

- Stodgy Professor of Applied Q-phase Variables,
James Zilbworth.
Now then.....why is there no reasoning FOR another dimension where creatures like or greater than Cho'gath or Kog'maw. This Void..... in my mind appears as a small space. with MANY MANY MANY creatures all upon each other....this space will eventually get full or maybe already is....and is expanding.... There is the possibility of the Void just Exploding releasing all the creatures all upon Valoran or even a section of the void creating a new landmass in Valoran.
and with your last statement..... Magic can be replicated...... Maybe take malzahar and let him use his Void magic to study. Data can be cast many times over and all the information can be put together hm?

AstorSapolsky

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
tl;dr

I got lag
(T'was humour.)

Professor Zilbworth, let's take a look at the three creatures of the Void. One talks about the destruction of our land, and the other two eat everything in sight. Even if they are all talk and no bite (I can safely say that this is not true), they are at the very least overly hostile guests in our world.

However, I concede that aside from the lectures of Kassadin and my own control over the "Prophet of the Void," I have little knowledge of the creatures that come from that realm. It is entirely possible that the delay between Malzahar and myself was nothing more than my nerves getting to me.

Still, I must hope you aren't anticipating those creatures of Malzahar's staying around for even longer? Even he lacks control over them, and they are feral in their behavior. I take comfort in the fact that for now their presence is only temporary upon this plane of existence. If you think you may unlock some greater mystery, then do not let my ramblings hold you back. I study creatures behaviorally, which was one of the reasons I chose Mal', Kog', and Cho' to begin with... but I've lost my objectivity at this point.

Maybe you can learn something greater... but if you spend enough time around them, even a rational mind will begin to twist.

Zzilb

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonizzed View Post
*snip*
What im taking from this missive is quite base. We have an unsupported hypothesis about mumbojumbo Void World, which I of course respect what with any worthwhile idea beginning as mere suposition, and then we have an encouraging sentiment that I and the AQV department fully endorse; That with enough data we summoners can all but certainly put this enigmatic void business to rest. Good show. There is, however, the matter of 'Zahars incompliance. One of the strong willed ones, to be sure. He hasnt yet volunteered his time, and his demands for service are high. No. It will take time. He is here for whatever reason.. Spotlight, esteem, and the finest meals are my guesses. We neednt tax ourselves when he -Will- provide further demonstrations all on his own.

but yes, hear us well, brothers. In time, Outside Energy will prove as elemental and manipulable as the fundamentals of Hextech.

Now then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky
*snip*
Oh my yes, Summoner Astor. As is well known, there are signitures and traceable imperfections in any simple homunculus. None among us can create Real, Perfect, Lasting life through magical means with a flick of his wrist. As Mal'zahar litters the place with his pets with every display, there are really two options: They are drones, and poorly done ones at that, being beyond control and lasting seconds.. Or they really are full fledged Lifeforms being drawn through 'Void Portals' (scoff). The answer is as simple as finding a way to preserve one long enough for meaningful analysis, but any sensible person would put their money on Parlor Tricks.
Oh my yes. Nothing would tickle me more than keeping them around, friend.

Your talk of madness is becoming of concern. and.. well. Im sure its nothing, just the willies, but what little colleagues have shared so far Does point to, ahah.. well. Slipping. Come to think of it, Kassadin's Null Sphere briefly blanks the mind and causes minor dizzyness in the target's summoner, but weve long dismissed that as mere feedback. A consequence of the mental connection buckling. Mal'zahar has begun taking advantage of that during his suppressing Nether Grasp, causing even the sharpest of us to fumble spells, even.

But look, im sure its nothing Severe, Haha! We are all perfectly safe and not the least bit contaminated with otherworldly residue, im sure. We'll look back on this and laugh. Even if these energies Do impact cognition, we will calibrate a better buffer and be on with it. Caution, just as Reira said. Unknown elements, uncertain consequences.

.. An element intrinsically related to the mind, hm? That would be a marvel. Such possibilities!

Rebonack

09-11-2010

I find that I must echo the concern of my most esteemed colleague Sapolsky. As a Summoner representing Zaun it should surprise none that my interest in the Void-born began as little more than scientific curiosity. They are fascinating creatures, that much can't be denied. Both Cho'gath and Kog'Maw exhibit a rather flagrant disregard for conventional laws of mass conservation and little more than a pittance of respect toward proper spatial relations. How Cho'gath could possibly increase in size as he does after such a relatively small meal is frankly baffling, almost as though-

Oh there I go rambling again. Please pardon the egress.

Yes, though my interest in these creatures began as little more than curiosity I've found that with each summoning it becomes more difficult to control their actions. During a recent battle in Summoner's Rift the view of my orb froze. Such interference caused by arcane radiation isn't uncommon, but I found the timing to be peculiar. After a sizable skirmish in which Kog'Maw survived my view would freeze. When it returned I discovered that Kog'Maw had devoured all the fallen champions, friend and foe alike. Normally I would dismiss it as happenstance if not for the fact that this has taken place on no fewer than twelve occasions.

This leads me to suppose that the Mouth of the Abyss has somehow found a way to throw off the bindings of the summoning process, if only for a few moments. Given the creature's tendencies and unknown nature I must admit this is a cause for concern if nothing else.

While we don't know for sure whether the ravings of the Void Walker are true or simply ravings of a mad-man who stuck his head into too much magic. I for one believe that we should deal with these Void Born creatures with utmost caution. I've already begun to research methods to improve the strength of the binding process as well as a new class of mental wards to protect those that summon them.

On a somewhat unrelated note I've been trying, unsuccessfully thus far, to obtain a sample of Kog'Maw's acid for alchemical analysis. Unfortunately I've yet to find a substance that can contain it without dissolving. If any of my colleagues can provide insight into this puzzle it would be appreciated.

Professor of Arcane Biology
-Maximilian Rebonack

Mogunz

09-11-2010

Mundo go where he pleases.