Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Inside Design: Scorn of the Moon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beastly74

08-04-2012

Quote:
RepulsiveHobo:
I remember when it would just be

Sneak peak thread
Champion revealed thread
Art design
Champion spotlight (release)

Now it's like 10 threads on **** no one cares about.

Wish they would have keep it that way

MasqureMan

08-04-2012

People who respect the design put into games and the thoughts that go into the champions they play care about these type of posts.

S7e7v7e7n

08-04-2012

Hey Riot, from what I've been reading it looks like the team is really enjoying the development of Diana. I enjoy seeing the story develop behind your champions as I've watched the game progress since beta. I really liked the assassination of Noxian general and how you created a war between Demacia and Noxus that the summoners intervened in and Skarner was born. The evolution of this game is so profound it sustains its replay value by delivering new content at literally no liability to us customers. Thats why Im happy to buy your skins! What if there was a Story mode? A large symetric summoning ground with NPC monsters in packs that the opposing teams had to fight through to complete goals (time trial?) or to race to down minibosses to acquire extra loot all for the grand battle where both teams can simultaneously fight a cracked out Baron with a new model new aoe abilities and spawns mobs. Fun thought, anyway thanks for 3 years of entertainment.

Jecosm

08-04-2012

Warriors of the Night! Assemble!

ICEEWENR

08-04-2012

when is diana released

Zinwrath

08-04-2012

Quote:
Anne Bancroft:
Only if its the same laughable extreme that Dead or Alive's volleyball game was. I'm pretty sure it was DoA at least... Breasts that move independently of one another because they are so massive.

Original DoA had the option to turn the boob physics on and off, and i remember back when that was considered "good graphics" that it was ridiculous. Sometimes the blocky models boobs would clip into the champs face. It was funny, but the later DoA's have a more realistic approach ...unless you consider large breasts actually hurt a womans balance and ability to execute the martial arts that some of them are doing...but its a japanese fantasy fighter...what do you expect. If it was trying to be realistic it would have an all Male cast...and that would be boring. Though the game did attract my friend to play it when she found out a girl in the game looked like her..which then resulted in forcing me to buy it for her...and i remember about 4 years ago at a gaming competition the final two in the DoA competition was female gamers. So despite the sexist nature of the game, it does draw in many girls gamers.

Amarth

Recruiter

08-04-2012

Quote:
dustofoblivion:
^ People above me are the reason why Riot doesn't put efforts into lore anymore.

I would be thrilled if this was lore, but it reads like they are patting themselves on the back for making Akali 2.0.

You want her gameplay tied into her lore? I get it, but 2 paragraphs of a cliched story that end up making her sound like the bad guy doesn't really tell me anything as to why shes a good jungler. I understand the development process is a good thing but I just don't feel like you put the same amount of "emotional investment" into every champ you make.

Sylph

Recruiter

08-04-2012

Quote:
Morello:
Because we don't release champions every week, nor do we want to. We want to release champions regularly, but let Zyra breathe a bit first!

You mean let Legendary Cho'Gath generate sales from taking over the log in screen - Zyra is no longer in the spotlight.

SangreAsesina

08-04-2012

when will come out diana

Somber Evening

08-04-2012

Quote:
Sylph:
You mean let Legendary Cho'Gath generate sales from taking over the log in screen - Zyra is no longer in the spotlight.

This. Regrettably LoL grew so big that it is all about maximising revenue now. This is good because we get some really high quality stuff. That is bad because every descission right now is all about 'How can we milk more money out of it'.