Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any idea how to play Zyra on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

08-03-2012

She seems open-ended, and I LOVE her gameplay, but I'm not quite certain how to make her function on Dominion. Any advice, for top OR bot lane?

Infirc

08-03-2012

sadly no, i've heard marvels about her from highies above though, some things in the line that she may be squishy but can hold her own with a tanky build, or things like that.

the only thing i'm sure about her is that once you get a rilayis there's little incentive to proc E plants since Q plants do proc the rilayis but from a greater range and doing more damage making E plants pale in comparison, the slows stack though so they may be useful for getting away from a Durrius and watch him rage.

HaIfhearted

08-03-2012

Hmm, try my super generic AP build?

Start Boots/Ring/pots.
Sweeper, Sorcs, Rylais, Void staff, Chainvest/Megatron, then upgrade the Chain and Megatron.

Works on pretty much every AP caster.

Shaboinker

08-03-2012

She is really strong as a bot or top. Just don't build her super squishy and you will be fine.

hinderlopen

08-03-2012

my build is almost always boots 1 -> unholy grail -> rod of ages -> rylai's -> shoes of any type -> rabadon's/void staff/abyssal depending on the enemies -> zhonya's if they have too much ad

masteries are 21/9/0 so you get some cdr and some tankiness (always revive mastery), no cdr from runes, just damage and tankiness.

you shouldnt be building more than 15% cdr since you can easily get 4% from masteries and then 20% from her w (maxed last).

I also like maxing e first, since the snare gets a longer duration and does about the same damage, with a slightly longer cooldown. q second because it has nice damage, and w last for lategame cdr.

DiscworldDeath

08-04-2012

She's very strong. Strong enough that even if you don't hide behind all the tanks and keep running into an opponent rather than kite endlessly you're going to be doing pretty well, and when played well even stronger.

Get MrPen over AP. Her ratios are poor compared to her bases.
Sweeper or Ionian should be the CDR you want.
Get that Rylai.

Then it doesn't really matter. She's really strong, better top, honestly.

Revelation22

03-05-2013

good replies so far, keep em comin

weezcake

03-05-2013

..why necro a thread from August 2012?

Revelation22

03-05-2013

Not so long ago, and Zyra is really fun Dominion! One of my best Champs along with Jayce and Vi

Koravel

03-05-2013

Top Lane Zyra is best.

You can stick your plants in the two choke points coming up from the jungle to guard the mill, and cause the enemy team to be split up for a good 4-5 seconds, which makes all the difference in engaging a team fight.