A List of Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phinal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Hi there hopefully knowledgeable players and hopefully not trolls i have a list of questions no one will answer when i pop into the in game chat rooms.
if you guys could help me learn some stuff id really appreciate it

A). As i get Higher up in levels of summoner do i get more IP points? or do you obtain more in ranked? Basic form of the question is the IP rate standard forever?

B). Watched League Top Ten guides and read some but reading and doing are two different things, is anyone willing to help me by showing me in game? kinda like a tutor.

C). Hero purchases as a new player can someone help me? i have been plagued with the flag in the top right corner of my screen (you have enough points to permanently purchase a hero). I go to the hero selection screen and am over whelmed i don't want to use all my points on heroes with bad replay value or just not fun, and i bet you guys will probably say "try them out on free week" but my patience is very limited waiting two weeks for new heroes that may or may not be the hero i wanna try. So if you could tell me some you enjoy and why id appreciate it.

D). Avoiding the dreaded harassment are there item sets to avoid getting that will make it so you don't get instantly harassed. like when I'm Ashe and get the recommended item that steals peoples mana.

E). This will seem out of place, How come no one plays Alistair? i have played games and seen almost all the heroes played Alistair is cheap but no one plays him. Is there a reason no one plays him i thought he seemed fun when reading about him.

F). Jungleing question Is there a specific order you can rotate in which u farm the best?

G). Summoner spell Smite is it even useful?

H). This is the most important one to me along with C,J. Is there a strategy and/or a counter to a early brush gank? countless times i know they are in there and try and last hit creeps in the lane only to die to them, but if i stay away i don't get any money and some lost exp.

I). Is Riot games planning or already working on a Replay mechanic? It would be super helpful to be able to watch good players to see what they are doing

J).Can you Map item abilities use to keys on keyboard or mouse?

PaperTree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

A. I do not believe IP changes as you level, so it is best to save it.

B. In the clan section on the forum you can try and find a group that works for you, also most people on the new player forums will play a few rounds till you get the hang of it.

C. My list of fun champions

Vlad(also a really good champion)
Teemo(shrooms are so much fun to use, but he isn't that viable in teamfights)
Shaco(One of the best assassins in the game, slow, blink and stealth, clone, traps all in one hero)
Katrina(extremely High dps and can carry a team with ease, yet is very dependent on her teammates and is super-vulnerable to CC)

Heroes that are very strong

Garen (great physical dps and tanky)
Ezreal (extremely high damage and has a good escape move)
Vlad (very strong sustained DPS and he can support his team with his slow + increase in damage)
Taric (one of the best supports in the game with a hard stun, heals, and can boost his allies armor+damage)
Amumu

E. On sites like leaguecraft.com you can find guides to help you get a item build for the champion you are using

F. It depends on the champion, but most of the time a person starts at golem and works in a circle to the opposing teams lizard.

G. Smite is a great spell for jungling, in a lane not so much

H. There isn't much you can do other than allow the enemy creeps to push to your tower and play defensivily. If a person has a reveal type skill that can peer into the bush(Karthus's lay waste for instant) it becomes a bit easier to deal with.

I. No idea, but there are livestreams and videos on youtube with the top players to see how they play. The livestreams are randomly posted throughout the forums so I cannot help you find them.

colloquial

Emissary of the League

09-10-2010

A). As i get Higher up in levels of summoner do i get more IP points? or do you obtain more in ranked? Basic form of the question is the IP rate standard forever?
IP is the standard rate forever. IP gain is the same in Ranked as in Normal. IP gain is slightly higher on Summoner's Rift than on Twisted Treeline.

B). Watched League Top Ten guides and read some but reading and doing are two different things, is anyone willing to help me by showing me in game? kinda like a tutor.

There are three or four threads in this subfourm that have a new player to mentor system. Let me see if I can dig some up for you.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=123803 - Here is one thread. The original starter of it no longer helps out or really plays, but he lists other people in the first post who are willing to help out.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=225920 - Here is an "Adopt a Noob" thread. It should also help out.

C). Hero purchases as a new player can someone help me? i have been plagued with the flag in the top right corner of my screen (you have enough points to permanently purchase a hero). I go to the hero selection screen and am over whelmed i don't want to use all my points on heroes with bad replay value or just not fun, and i bet you guys will probably say "try them out on free week" but my patience is very limited waiting two weeks for new heroes that may or may not be the hero i wanna try. So if you could tell me some you enjoy and why id appreciate it.

You should try everyone on the free week. Always. No matter whether or not you will think you like them. There is no harm to it.

And if you give me examples of champions you like, I'll give you some champions with a similar role/play-style.

D). Avoiding the dreaded harassment are there item sets to avoid getting that will make it so you don't get instantly harassed. like when I'm Ashe and get the recommended item that steals peoples mana.

General rule is never get a Wits End. But for specific builds check out leaguecraft, or the Guides and Strategy Sub-forum.

E). This will seem out of place, How come no one plays Alistair? i have played games and seen almost all the heroes played Alistair is cheap but no one plays him. Is there a reason no one plays him i thought he seemed fun when reading about him.

He is shown up by the other tanks at the moment. He is fairly useless in a team fight after his punt/knock-up combo, and sustained pushing teams are unpopular right now, which is what he excels at.

F). Jungleing question Is there a specific order you can rotate in which u farm the best?
Depends on the champion. Generally, I go Wraiths, across to Wolves, Golem, up to Lizard and repeat.

G). Summoner spell Smite is it even useful?
It is very useful for jungling. But most importantly you can use it to last hit the other teams neutral buffs/dragon/baron while they are jungling if you have a ward nearby. This lets them do all the work while you get all the benefit if you time ti right.

H). This is the most important one to me along with C,J. Is there a strategy and/or a counter to a early brush gank? countless times i know they are in there and try and last hit creeps in the lane only to die to them, but if i stay away i don't get any money and some lost exp.

You can use summoner spell Clairvoyance to check brush. Also any champion with a skill shot can be shot into a brush and you can usually hear if it connects to someone. (Kennen's Shuriken, Mundo's Cleaver, Ezreal's Mystic Shot, et cetera.) Wall-like abilities also temporarily give vision of brush (Karthus' wall, and Anivia's wall). Also bringing along summoner spell flash helps you escape, as well as summoner spell heal.
I). Is Riot games planning or already working on a Replay mechanic? It would be super helpful to be able to watch good players to see what they are doing
Yes! They are, but no word on release yet. The community and the council are both pushing really hard for this feature as soon as possible though.

J).Can you Map item abilities use to keys on keyboard or mouse?
Yes, they are auto bound to
1 2 3
4 5 6
but you can change this in the in game options menu. Just go to key bindings and change the Use Item hotkeys.