Oracles and Sight Ward

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draehl

08-03-2012

Got into a discussion at the end of a game with some players just not about oracles. I was on Teemo and enemy Soraka had oracles and was just going around busting shrooms. I replied to this in all chat with a simple "" Soraka laughed and said "Yeah, it sucks but you do what you need to win." I, of course, agreed. I wasn't taking any offense to her using them. He/she is simply another person playing a game.

Where we agreed was with riot's design decisions in this area. In their lust to create some sort of metagaming/elite esport/counter-for-a-counter-for-a-counter environment they have managed to create something of a killjoy for their game. When it comes down to it, someone picked Teemo, picked Twitch, picked Evelyn because they wanted a certain playstyle. Players should be taking items to counter the enemy team. The problem with the subject of stealth is that riot's implementation of the counter doesn't simply reduce effectiveness, like armor or MR might. Oracles and Vision Ward create a purely binary "off" switch for stealth. 2 minutes before you were playing your champion as it was designed. Someone buys an item and you're suddenly relegated to a carry without a proper carry kit/scaling factors. How is this fun? I'd much rather see Riot absolutely murder cooldowns/damage/whatever effectiveness is necessary for stealth based champions and just remove Oracles/Vision Ward from the game. One might be less effective, but at least you aren't losing the fundamental play style of the champion you picked.

imSoIcey

08-03-2012

Oracles/Pink wards are more of a deterrent than an off switch to stealth characters.. It makes you need to do a little extra to get from point a to point b or place down traps at the cost of some gold to the person wanting them. Stealth needs some kind of counter and this is it.. you just can't go all sneaky-mode with your shrooms all game and just let them be a bother without SOME kind of way to counter them right?

The Blue Jelly

08-05-2012

Honestly they need to just flat out rework Teemo's shrooms. The things are rage-inducing for the other team, and are pretty boring for Teemo since they're basically all luck if someone steps on them or buys an oracle's and pops 'em. Plus they're incredibly passive, which is bad for how things are (currently) run.