Do the champions hate us?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngryPeanut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-10-2010

When I first read about the lore of the League, a question came to mind. How do the champions feel? They spend their time getting controlled by random people to fight out battles between friends and enemies alike, with completely random outcomes. The film Gamer comes to mind. Do they hate us for the control we have over them? Do they enjoy the fame it brings them and not mind that their every move is being controlled? Do they hate noobs as much as we do?

AstorSapolsky

09-10-2010

Some address this. Malphite is more than willing, Ezreal does so to retain his power, Mundo goes wherre he pleases.

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Each champion feels differently about it, for most of them it is explained in their lore, for others it's a mystery... or red post. to expand on AstorSapolsky, Nasus is willing to stay because he senses the imbalance, much like Malphite, Amumu has nowhere else to go, so he probably just likes the attention, Gragas is trying to stay away from authorities. As for other champions, it's a complete mystery, a perfect example of this is Shaco, no one knows anything about him, just theories.

KiratheBasterd

09-10-2010

I'm sure Garen's tired of being picked every game.

AngryPeanut

Recruiter

09-11-2010

Yeah, he probably needs a rest. Looks like Miss Fortune's gonna be over-used into exhaustion too O.o

Sorayai

09-11-2010

must suck... champion is eating dinner, then all of a sudden... *POOF*

"oh not again..."

then the battle is over...

"now i can eat my steak!" *POOF* "DAMMIT!"

lol

Klllok

09-11-2010

i do not think they HATE us, though i do believe some of them get quite annoyed with what they must endure sometimes. like when Yi gets forced to walk around with a bunch of Magical rods and Rings.

rEkcAh

09-11-2010

i think in lore they arent really controlled just guided as jax never loses so he must be doing it by himself.

Zardoc

09-11-2010

Quote:
i think in lore they arent really controlled just guided as jax never loses so he must be doing it by himself.

They are somewhat controlled, imo the only real control the summoner has is about the spells like ghost or flash, and that he advices the champion (i.e. in the Trailer for Season one, Ryze's summoner "told" him Kayle is in trouble etc.)

ArcherU

09-11-2010

I think they obey commands but aren't 100% controlled like say in the movie Gamer.

As far as I can tell most champion agree to fight in the League or even volunteer but they don't all fight for the same ideals and many have hidden agendas.

There are also some that aren't strictly volunteers. From what I can tell Cho'Gath and Fiddlesticks are imprisoned.