Should Rylai's Crystal Sceptar have a phage-like item in its build?

Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Phage Equivalent for Rylai's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Just a quick thought on an item imbalance that I noticed:

Frozen Mallet has Phage as part of its build, which 1) accesses a lesser slow before finishing FM and 2) cuts down on an item that takes up space while building FM.

So simple question, do you think Rylai's Crystal Sceptar deserves a Phage-like item that gives a lesser version of Rylai's slow?

Ex) Rylai's Crystal: 60 AP, spells apply a 20% slow, 10% for AoEs. Combines with giants belt + X gold to create Rylai's Crystal Sceptar.

Something to that effect ^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Item imbalance is a word that hurts me inside.

it is DIVERSITYY, not imbalance, Riot despises exact Mirror items for different stats, is why they made these 2 not exactly the same.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

Senior Member

08-03-2012

I understand diversity and I agree mirrors would be boring, but I find it annoying that casters have to pay for the entire item before getting the slow while melee can build phage and then come back to it later. If there were a way to do it without mirroring it then I'd be all for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Except Rylai's is useful on almost every single AP character in the game and has near nothing wasted in the process of acquiring the items and making the recipe.

Only a portion of the AD champions, mainly bruisers and a few carries, make use of Phage/Frozen Mallet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windless Bear

Senior Member

08-03-2012

I agree with this. I find most AD items have a basic form and a more advanced form (Zeal-> PD). Why can't we have a weak version of this to start off? I really don't see why not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mandaari

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Except Rylai's is useful on almost every single AP character in the game and has near nothing wasted in the process of acquiring the items and making the recipe.

Only a portion of the AD champions, mainly bruisers and a few carries, make use of Phage/Frozen Mallet.
What's wasted for a Frozen Mallet? Who doesn't benefit from health, AD, and a slow? Yes it's more for bruisers than Rylai's is, but just because it's more niche doesn't mean Rylai's buyers should be penalized. That's like saying Banshee's shouldn't have a catalyst just because it's useful for a lot of people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
I agree with this. I find most AD items have a basic form and a more advanced form (Zeal-> PD). Why can't we have a weak version of this to start off? I really don't see why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
I understand diversity and I agree mirrors would be boring, but I find it annoying that casters have to pay for the entire item before getting the slow while melee can build phage and then come back to it later. If there were a way to do it without mirroring it then I'd be all for it.
Against this I old that nearly all AP's have Aoe that provides a SPREAD slow, THAT is the reason for it being stupid, despite the lower slow for AOE spells a slow that widespread early in the game would be far too powerful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoMonku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
What's wasted for a Frozen Mallet? Who doesn't benefit from health, AD, and a slow? Yes it's more for bruisers than Rylai's is, but just because it's more niche doesn't mean Rylai's buyers should be penalized. That's like saying Banshee's shouldn't have a catalyst just because it's useful for a lot of people.
Its not useful on ranged DPS carries is what he's saying, which is an AD champion. Rylia's you can get it on almost ALL casters and its not a waste. FM is a good item, but its just not up there in the damage to be viable on ranged carries with the only exception possible being graves and only because he's naturally tanky. Rylia's is strong, since slows are pretty devastating to enemies without escapes (which AP carries usually lack).

If the item you propose were implemented, it would mean no one would finish rylias at all because they can just get the cheaper one and have everything rylias but earlier. Also, since you want a phagelike caster item, you should make it so it only activates 33% of the time too lol. The main difference, though, is that casters are usually built so that they can drop someone from full to 0 in a combo or almost do that. With tanky dps champions thats usually not the case.