Did you Look at my match history? Do you think I should get punished?

I HAVE looked at your match history 13 25.00%
I have NOT looked at your match history 19 36.54%
I think you SHOULD get punished 12 23.08%
I think you should NOT get punished 23 44.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Using Characters In non-meta ways.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmitri212

08-03-2012

Ok, so I use Soraka as an AP carry rather than a support. The reason I do this is because she has alot of dps from her Q and her silence/nuke will usually let me beat most other spell casters. Now me going full ap doesnt make me useless for all my support abilities stack on ap, this means that my heals do ALOT more than they would usually do.

The reason I am posting is because I joined a Draft Pick Match (not ranked) and told them I'm going AP Soraka, they said ok and the game started. Now I have my Q which lets me farm very well, so I do, I take most of the CS because it is easy. Ashe starts complaining that Im not being a good support by getting CS, she said that I need to give her all of it. She starts complaining supper hard that I am doing it so I stop to calm her down. (Now I get mejais for my first item since I can get assists and kills pretty easy with my q and e. Also my global ult will let me get assists from across the map). So I try to get the last hit on champions so that I can stack my Mejais. Ashe starts complaining about that too. Now I've tried to accomodate her on the CS, but I need the kills just as much-or even more- than ashe does, so I keep taking the kills. We end up winning either before 20 min. or when they /FF, I can't remember.Ashe said that she would report me and I think two others said they would too.

I was wondering if the rest of the LoL community thinks I should get punished for not going META, but instead choosing a different route that still works. And please, before anyone says that I am stupid and that AP Soraka is not viable please just look up my name Dmitri212 and check out my match history, I think I only lost one game with her.

Responses and poll answers would be much obliged.

Edit- I am sorry for not mentioning this before I lost my train of thought while writing this. But Well, that was the main problem I was supposed to go mid but 5 seconds before the game started someone else called mid (after I called mid) and it did not give me enough time to change my masteries to a support page. and when given the choice between mord mid and Soraka mid, the team chose Mord. and made me choose bot.

Koreh

08-03-2012

I would suggest you get your GP5 items before your Mejais and do not Q the minion wave and steal the kills since your AD carry needs the farm since their items cost much more than yours that is the reason you buy GP5 items on a support is so you can keep up without taking the farm.

Keitterman

08-03-2012

The problem isn't that you went AP Soraka, it's that you did so, and then filled the lane position of the 0cs support.

I wouldn't have said anything to you about it, but that's the issue. In the current meta, there are three farming lanes, solo-top, solo-mid, and ADC-bot

Jungle has to made do on what they can secure while ganking, and the fifth spot is for someone who has masteries and runes to get GP5 (GP10). If no one on the team has GP5 items, and the other team does, then on a tie game the other team has secured more funds, right there.

That is why the 0CS meta is currently so powerful for pugs, and is the preffered meta for tournement play also.

Iralius

08-03-2012

If you're in a duo lane... I can understand where the Ashe and two others are coming from. Even if you did end up winning the match I can see why they would be annoyed that the support isn't supporting them and is actively going for the champion kills that the carry would need. I'm not saying it's wrong to break the meta, I don't necessarily think you should be punished for it, but I would say if you plan to break the meta like that - try to get mid lane as your AP Soraka.

Though that might get you some hate at champ select screen, it won't be nearly as bad of a reaction (if you do well) in the match. It gives the ADC a support at bot lane, it puts an AP at mid, and there won't be complaints about you taking CS/kills/not supporting your lane partner since you'll be in a solo lane.

Dmitri212

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreh View Post
I would suggest you get your GP5 items before your Mejais and do not Q the minion wave and steal the kills since your AD carry needs the farm since their items cost much more than yours that is the reason you buy GP5 items on a support is so you can keep up without taking the farm.
Hmmm, I see what you are saying, and would agree with you if I was playing a support role. But I said I was playing an AP carry role?

TCWA Tigerbite

08-03-2012

You got reported for playing an AP Carry in the support lane, not for playing AP Soraka.

-Edit-
A lot of posts before mine went through and they're all saying the same thing.

Yes, you said you were playing an AP Carry, but now the question becomes, why weren't you at mid? ;D

Jinx the Zombie

08-03-2012

The reason why it's a problem in this case lies in what Soraka and Ashe can and can't do throughout the game. Like most supports, Soraka is a character that has the ability to perform well early on without items (or with very few at least). However, like almost every AD carry out there, the ability to perform with Ashe is almost completely item dependent, and the items needed to perform well with her are expensive. The issue isn't so much that you broke the meta with your build, it's that you basically ignored the needs of your teammate. Best I can say it is you got yourself into the Darius mindset of taking everything for yourself without stopping to consider what your lane partner might need.

Dmitri212

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iralius View Post
If you're in a duo lane... I can understand where the Ashe and two others are coming from. Even if you did end up winning the match I can see why they would be annoyed that the support isn't supporting them and is actively going for the champion kills that the carry would need. I'm not saying it's wrong to break the meta, I don't necessarily think you should be punished for it, but I would say if you plan to break the meta like that - try to get mid lane as your AP Soraka.

Though that might get you some hate at champ select screen, it won't be nearly as bad of a reaction (if you do well) in the match. It gives the ADC a support at bot lane, it puts an AP at mid, and there won't be complaints about you taking CS/kills/not supporting your lane partner since you'll be in a solo lane.
Well, that was the main problem, I forgot to mention this. I was supposed to go mid but 5 seconds before the game started someone else called mid (after I called mid) and it did not give me enough time to change my masteries to a support page.

Dark Castellan

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri212 View Post
Well, that was the main problem, I forgot to mention this. I was supposed to go mid but 5 seconds before the game started someone else called mid (after I called mid) and it did not give me enough time to change my masteries to a support page.
Then just go gp5s and normal support items... ap masteries on a support arent that big a deal, your only missing out on 2 gp5 and some other things like xp and cdr, where going a Mejis (which relies on kills) as a 0cs 0kill support is a big deal.

Dmitri212

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Castellan View Post
Then just go gp5s and normal support items... ap masteries on a support arent that big a deal, your only missing out on 2 gp5 and some other things like xp and cdr, where going a Mejis (which relies on kills) as a 0cs 0kill support is a big deal.
Now I know I mentioned this before, I did give her the CS. I took the first 2 waves and she started to complain so I gave her all the other CS. Again I did mention this in my original post.

12345 ... 6