Time for an almost as douchy but equally unimportant Talon style thread

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askhexplosive View Post
I made lengthy posts in the other thread about why Orianna and Draven could have worked, and even had one of the so called 'elites' agreeing with my points. Were you paying attention at all, or do I have to go dig all that up again?

There is a certain amount of creative freedom that can come with playing a champion. Riot made this very clear when they made the Journal of Justice, in which champions commonly behave in ways you wouldn't expect. It's a little silly if Riot's official lore is more free and flexible than the way you seem to think everyone should play their characters.

And why are you of all people making this thread? I do not view Wukong as a constant troll character. Yes he could be a fun loving sort, but I do not see him as a prankster or someone who meddles in other people's business. He would be focussed on his martial arts to a lesser extent than Master Yi, but still very devoted to the wuju style, (which I think you could probably prioritise more. I rarely see your Wukong training/practicing/talking about martial arts even though he does show skill when provoked). This prankster personality is something you've developed to make your character more easy to identify with and give them a 'niche' beyond what limited catalyst we're given in the lore (which is barely a few small bones to pick). As a result your Wukong has a definate presence on the forums, much more so than he would if you were just playing him straight to lore. There's nothing particularly wrong with adding a twist to certain characters so long as it is within the realm of what they would or could do.

Much of the purpose of the role playing forums in the first place is to entertain. People don't just want to see Champions doing things they know champions are going to do. They want to see the champions getting into new and unexpected situations that challenge their lore personalities. That was like most of the reason why Journal of Justice was even fun, and Corporate Mundo was a sucessful joke. This is why roleplay is such a flexible and enjoyable medium of character exploration and development.

Let's use Kog'maw as an example here (sorry Koggy!)

Kog'Maw has barely any personality in-game due to being a slathering voidling that eats everything he (it) comes across. However due to certain skins and joke lines, it's become common perception to give him a puppydog personality, which is like 80% derived from his joke lines. The current Kog'maw has adopted this stance and as a result comes out as a very likeable character. Now a Kog'maw purist who wants to see the character as a mindless eating machine death engine would argue that's against the spirit of the character, but that wouldn't make for very fun or creative rp's.

Y'all need to use your imagination a bit more. Warwick/Soraka is a fascinating concept on the theme of 'opposites attract', especially when Soraka has ulterior motives. I found that awesome and well played by both of them. The fact that it's Soraka who's getting into Warwick's head and not vice versa is delicious irony.

If we're seriously going to start pointing fingers again and throwing poop, let's make this the last one and get it all out of our (your) system(s).
I was going to make a post, and state something very similar to Ziggs. He did it in a better way than I could. I agree with Ziggs, there are certain things you can, and cannot do. Udyr is an example. I told Karthus this and I made this quite clear, if I wanted to RP Udyr 100% then I'd punch 90% of people in the face, growl at the other 5% and talk to like 2%. Don't ask what the 3% is because I'm scared to know. Certain liberties have to be taken, if some fun wants to be had.

If you want to be a purist, write a story. It works much better there.

Ask the Herald

08-03-2012

Quote:
Also IT WAS VIKTOR'S DOING ALL ALONG. HOW IS THAT NOT PERFECT?
Indeed it was.

But I didn't do it because I wanted them together. I simply made a suggestion that could help Soraka resolve her issue once and for all. As an inventor and a scientist, I'm always trying to correct any problems that exist.

Askhexplosive

08-03-2012

Udyr is a good example. the character he's made for Udyr is pretty compelling and multi-layered. Every time I stumble across an Udyr post, it's like I immediately note the psychology behind it and have to stop and read. He does an excellent job of portraying the wilder barbarian parts along with a more experienced voice of reason.

And yes, Soraka's end goal is to get back home to the stars (or at least this is what the development so far has lead to.) and the fact that she has to forgive Warwick, kind of a jerk move dealt by fate there, since Warwick has done nothing to deserve forgiveness.

No, not you, Twisted Fate.

Drunk Reiora

08-03-2012

Draven x Ori is in the black area.

Draven AND Orianna is in the red area.

I think the biggest disconnect here when we argue is that we assume it's one or zero. Draven and Orianna shouldn't be banging like rabbits, this is truth. However, having a "relationship" should be allowed, because "relationship" can mean anything! It doesn't have to only mean "Oh I love you, oh I love you too, now kiss."

Now did the Draven and Orianna RPers hit the black area? Yes. Yes they did. But I dislike how people are giving them the idea that they shouldn't be interacting at all.

Askhexplosive

08-03-2012

Hey, Orianna is a robot. If Draven says "woman, go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich, I'm too busy admiring my reflection in your shiny robot thighs to do it myself."...

She says "Running kitchen protocol. Construct = sandwich. Salami and cheese y/n?"

The concept of Orianna and Draven is fine, if a bit silly. Humor couples can work out ok, they just needed to revise how it was done a bit.

As far as rping champs goes, coupling is almost a must for any champion who isn't a heart-eating monster. Not only does it grant access to some of the more fun rp threads (Shyvanas for example) but 'what would champion x do when faced with a romantic situation' is a very popular topic even outside the rping board.

I could have just made Ziggs interested in Tristana or Poppy, like every other male yordle champion is almost forced to do, but this is Ziggs we're talking about here. That's just too ORDINARY. He needs some sort of outrageous, dysfunctional crush to go with an outrageous, dysfunctional personality. I don't intend for him to ever actually be with anyone as an item, but he's going to go (even more) insane trying and that's funny in a tragic sort of way. It's given me some fun development directions to go in while I'm waiting for activity in the very slow Ask thread. I agree that sometimes the romance subplots can become a focus, and that's not good, but there is a place for them here, definately.

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Being just a young kid.....I'm still enthused by all this, and though I will never be able to make these very long post such as the Cryopheonix, Soraka, Ziggs, Viktor, etc., I still try my hardest to make funny/plottwisting posts to spice up things; me trying my best not to totally harass someone on a forum.

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Quote:
Hey, Orianna is a robot. If Draven says "woman, go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich, I'm too busy admiring my reflection in your shiny robot thighs to do it myself."...

She says "Running kitchen protocol. Construct = sandwich. Salami and cheese y/n?"

The concept of Orianna and Draven is fine, if a bit silly. Humor couples can work out ok, they just needed to revise how it was done a bit.
AND HERE COMES MY POINT!
TADADADADADAAAAAAA!

Do you want this forum to be correct or to just laid back? Cmon.
Seriously, I did my thang.
IC, you can ether go relaxed with no care of consequences, or completely within the lines I brought up here.
Anything else makes conflict and debates and stuff no one likes.

RELAXED, or CORRECT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Drunk Reiora

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
AND HERE COMES MY POINT!
TADADADADADAAAAAAA!

IC, you can ether go relaxed with no care of consequences, or completely within the lines I brought up here.

Can't I choose a good dose of both?

Ask the Herald

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
AND HERE COMES MY POINT!
TADADADADADAAAAAAA!

Why not

SCIENCE!!!!!!

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Reiora View Post
Can't I chose a good dose of both?
Like I said, anything else brings conflict.
You either mark these forums as silly humorous whateverplace, or a up-to lore top-class super whatajibgl.

1234567 ... 8