Time for an almost as douchy but equally unimportant Talon style thread

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razie

08-02-2012

Like challenging Zileas to chess? hehehe

Lunari Fox

08-02-2012

(( I laughed so hard I think I have to re-read it ! xD But it's actually a really good post and I see what you are trying to say ))

Ask the Monkey

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig View Post
Like challenging Zileas to chess? hehehe
Goddamm chicken-Zil and Fritz and pro chess players!
Can't play chess with a man in peace.

Askhexplosive

08-03-2012

I made lengthy posts in the other thread about why Orianna and Draven could have worked, and even had one of the so called 'elites' agreeing with my points. Were you paying attention at all, or do I have to go dig all that up again?

There is a certain amount of creative freedom that can come with playing a champion. Riot made this very clear when they made the Journal of Justice, in which champions commonly behave in ways you wouldn't expect. It's a little silly if Riot's official lore is more free and flexible than the way you seem to think everyone should play their characters.

And why are you of all people making this thread? I do not view Wukong as a constant troll character. Yes he could be a fun loving sort, but I do not see him as a prankster or someone who meddles in other people's business. He would be focussed on his martial arts to a lesser extent than Master Yi, but still very devoted to the wuju style, (which I think you could probably prioritise more. I rarely see your Wukong training/practicing/talking about martial arts even though he does show skill when provoked). This prankster personality is something you've developed to make your character more easy to identify with and give them a 'niche' beyond what limited catalyst we're given in the lore (which is barely a few small bones to pick). As a result your Wukong has a definate presence on the forums, much more so than he would if you were just playing him straight to lore. There's nothing particularly wrong with adding a twist to certain characters so long as it is within the realm of what they would or could do.

Much of the purpose of the role playing forums in the first place is to entertain. People don't just want to see Champions doing things they know champions are going to do. They want to see the champions getting into new and unexpected situations that challenge their lore personalities. That was like most of the reason why Journal of Justice was even fun, and Corporate Mundo was a sucessful joke. This is why roleplay is such a flexible and enjoyable medium of character exploration and development.

Let's use Kog'maw as an example here (sorry Koggy!)

Kog'Maw has barely any personality in-game due to being a slathering voidling that eats everything he (it) comes across. However due to certain skins and joke lines, it's become common perception to give him a puppydog personality, which is like 80% derived from his joke lines. The current Kog'maw has adopted this stance and as a result comes out as a very likeable character. Now a Kog'maw purist who wants to see the character as a mindless eating machine death engine would argue that's against the spirit of the character, but that wouldn't make for very fun or creative rp's.

Y'all need to use your imagination a bit more. Warwick/Soraka is a fascinating concept on the theme of 'opposites attract', especially when Soraka has ulterior motives. I found that awesome and well played by both of them. The fact that it's Soraka who's getting into Warwick's head and not vice versa is delicious irony.

If we're seriously going to start pointing fingers again and throwing poop, let's make this the last one and get it all out of our (your) system(s).

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Yeah, but I am bringing the prankster down and the warrior back up, honestly. Been, what, a week or two ever since that.

EDIT:But again, there are thing that a character might do, that is unlikely he/she/talon would do it, and then there's something the char would NEVER DO!
Soraka isn't devious, she doesn't hurt people like that. Being in a relationship for the sole purpose of IT is just stupid. Like waging war so you could fight.

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askhexplosive View Post
I made lengthy posts in the other thread about why Orianna and Draven could have worked, and even had one of the so called 'elites' agreeing with my points. Were you paying attention at all, or do I have to go dig all that up again?

There is a certain amount of creative freedom that can come with playing a champion. Riot made this very clear when they made the Journal of Justice, in which champions commonly behave in ways you wouldn't expect. It's a little silly if Riot's official lore is more free and flexible than the way you seem to think everyone should play their characters.

And why are you of all people making this thread? I do not view Wukong as a constant troll character. Yes he could be a fun loving sort, but I do not see him as a prankster or someone who meddles in other people's business. He would be focussed on his martial arts to a lesser extent than Master Yi, but still very devoted to the wuju style, (which I think you could probably prioritise more. I rarely see your Wukong training/practicing/talking about martial arts even though he does show skill when provoked). This prankster personality is something you've developed to make your character more easy to identify with and give them a 'niche' beyond what limited catalyst we're given in the lore (which is barely a few small bones to pick). As a result your Wukong has a definate presence on the forums, much more so than he would if you were just playing him straight to lore. There's nothing particularly wrong with adding a twist to certain characters so long as it is within the realm of what they would or could do.

Much of the purpose of the role playing forums in the first place is to entertain. People don't just want to see Champions doing things they know champions are going to do. They want to see the champions getting into new and unexpected situations that challenge their lore personalities. That was like most of the reason why Journal of Justice was even fun, and Corporate Mundo was a sucessful joke. This is why roleplay is such a flexible and enjoyable medium of character exploration and development.

Kog'Maw has barely any personality in-game due to being a slathering voidling that eats everything he (it) comes across. However due to certain skins and joke lines, it's become common perception to give him a puppydog personality, which is like 80% derived from his joke lines. The current Kog'maw has adopted this stance and as a result comes out as a very likeable character. Now a Kog'maw purist who wants to see the character as a mindless eating machine death engine would argue that's against the spirit of the character, but that wouldn't make for very fun or creative rp's.

Y'all need to use your imagination a bit more. Warwick/Soraka is a fascinating concept on the theme of 'opposites attract', especially when Soraka has ulterior motives. I found that awesome and well played by both of them. The fact that it's Soraka who's getting into Warwick's head and not vice versa is delicious irony.
I totally agree. Hey I see Vice in there. I'm a winner.

Midnight Firefox

08-03-2012

Am I doing Ahri okay? :/

And should I drop Lux then? :c

Ask the Herald

08-03-2012

Quote:
Warwick/Soraka is a fascinating concept on the theme of 'opposites attract', especially when Soraka has ulterior motives. I found that awesome and well played by both of them. The fact that it's Soraka who's getting into Warwick's head and not vice versa is delicious irony.
Actually, it's all me here. It was I who implanted the idea to seek out Warwick into Soraka's head.

Wukong:
Soraka and Warwick aren't acting out of turn from their characters. I, being a mastermind, manipulated them both to the point of interacting more frequently with each other and trying to give each other a chance.

Askhexplosive

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Monkey View Post
Yeah, but I am bringing the prankster down and the warrior back up, honestly. Been, what, a week or two ever since that.

EDIT:But again, there are thing that a character might do, that is unlikely he/she/talon would do it, and then there's something the char would NEVER DO!
Soraka isn't devious, she doesn't hurt people like that. Being in a relationship for the sole purpose of IT is just stupid. Like waging war so you could fight.
Soraka never actually expressed interest in a relationship with Warwick. She is trying to 100% forgive him for his sins against Ionia so that she can go home and return to the stars. This means she needs to find something about him she can agree with and admire, and yes, If you were paying attention, Shyvana already pointed out that her using Warwick in that manner was unintentionally selfish and could endanger her cause, which puts Soraka at a further dilemma.

I think it's quite in-character. Soraka's homesickness is causing her to take measures she normally wouldn't. In the mean time Warwick actually has a lot to thank Soraka for. She gave him this awesome new body that lets him kill stuff 5 times faster, and now she's suddenly starting to be a bit nice to him. He actually has a lot to like her for, even if his end goal is to rip her heart out and eat it.

I'm surprised you're complaining about Warwick/Soraka and not my Zigg's unhealthy fascination with Warwick too. I'm making bombs for the guy as a token of affection. That should ring some alarm bells.
Also IT WAS VIKTOR'S DOING ALL ALONG. HOW IS THAT NOT PERFECT?

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:

If we're seriously going to start pointing fingers again and throwing poop, let's make this the last one and get it all out of our (your) system(s).
*Begins slow clap*

123456 ... 8