Time for an almost as douchy but equally unimportant Talon style thread

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

About RP-ing champions.

Apparently, some champ RP-ers here (mostly Talon) are not aware they do not RP an OC, but an champion.
Now, to properly RP an champion you have to know their character (unlike Talon).
A character will always, ALWAYS, follow his/her moral compass (not like Talon) and will always, ALWAYS, have the same personality. The only way you can change these two traits is by some character changing events, like the destruction of Yi's village, which didn't change him that much, just added one more life goal.
Back to RP-ing a champion.
Now that you guys know how to read your characters personality (better than Talon) and set their moral compass, now on to the actual RP-ing, which is where most of us did it wrong (mostly Talon), and we did it wrong by behaving as if we were RP-ing OCs, not champions (disclaimer: Talon).
Well, mostly by thinking ''Oh, my personality is similar to this champion, I don't have to think about RP-ing him/her/Talon, I'll just go with the flow and won't make a mistake''.
This line of though (not exactly, but similar to it) is where most peeps get it wrong (especially Talon). Even if you are 99% similar to the champion personality wise, and morally too, even then you can't go easy on it (not even Talon). By forgetting you are RP-ing a champion your thoughts quickly drift off, and turn into ''What I would like my character to do'' instead of ''What my character would probably like to do''.
This is where most people (yes, yes, Talon) get it wrong.
By going all out ''What I would like my character to do'' we get MorgxKayle, WWxSoraka, DravenxOri, because the RP-er thought it would be funny if that would happen, or interesting. Well **** that, THIS IS SRS BSNS! But no, seriously now (which means that Talon should leave, her's never serious about anything) think about it. You can argue as much as you want about many of these, and how they are possible, but they are not. Simply because they were driven by ''I want my character to do this!'', instead of ''Does my character want to do this?'' which would make the right choice. Now, about them possibilities.
Here's a picture:
Attachment 502324
Green circle represents what your character would do.
Red circle represents what your character wouldn't do, unless under special circumstances.
Black area represents what your character would never ever EVER do, unless if he/she/it/Talon went through a personality altering traumatic event.
Those areas are marked by the character's personality and moral compass.
You, as an RP-er, are free to choose within that green circle as you please. It does not matter which area within the circle you select, it will be fine, it will always be within character and will only be a variation of their mood.
You can only choose within the red area only in critical situations (life hangs in balance and stuff).
You can not choose within the black area. Never. Even if your character goes through an traumatic event then the black area becomes the green circle and some other stuff goes into the black area. Meaning that when you RP an character you always RP within the circle.

And do not bring out the ''Character's are more complex than that'' card. No, they are not (Talon is even simpler).
You have your moral standpoint, your personality, you follow them (unless you are Talon), but you don't have to think about it, you just do it. This doesn't mean in the slightest that a character is predictable, no, the green circle is large, you can always choose within it.
There are always lots of options to choose from when you do something, lots of them.

Meaning, MAN UP PEOPLE (GIRL UP if you're Talon). Stop thinking about what you want from your character, bu what the character wants. Orianna and Draven would never work, simply because they would never consider it. Draven has too much of an ego and Orianna too little of a personality. Warwick likes to kill, Soraka likes to heal, and neither of them want to change? Why would they? The only reason for their change I see is so they could come together, but why when they don't want to?
Morgana and Kayle fought for thousands of years. It would take something monstrously huge (bigger than just becoming allies against a common enemy) for them to forgive each other. Stop being Talon, people!

TL;DR: srz Talon, just wanted to give you some payback, cause, let's be honest, the Payback thread was merely a tomato thrower. BUT WHAT I WROTE, I MEANT, except the Talon things, well, some of them .

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

(( How long did this take you? ))

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Longer than you think

Ask Jarvan IV

08-03-2012

I hate myself for loving you so ****ing much.

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jarvan IV View Post
I hate myself for loving you so ****ing much.
I have mixed feelings about this sentence. Please keep at a respectable distance.

Ask The Troll

08-03-2012

I THINK,Talon doesn't do his charcter well according.Not sure though...

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

I want to troll Talon so hard, but I dont wnat to go back to being "The Olde Vice"

Razie

08-03-2012

I was wondering why the forums were lacking their daily dosage of monkey

Ask the Monkey

08-03-2012

Yeah, I have to activate my OOC trolling a bit more!
BTW, when did this thread become a ''hate on Talon thread''

Ask Gangplank

08-03-2012

Lol xD Though I'm getting the feeling I'm doing my char wrong :/

12345 ... 8