How To Play Top Lane Better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NME Potato Zero

08-04-2012

it's all about mind games, i'm telling you..

XstreamFish

08-05-2012

Usually top lane is all about countering. Although if you want some neutral picks (a bit safe) Nidalee and Yorick come to mind.

Nyantie

05-08-2013

I also main top lane. I suggest getting good at all of the other roles as well, as you can experiment with other champions and try them out in your preferred lane. If you are 2v1ing do your best to farm when you can, however you should sit back out of attack range, but in range to receive exp. at the same time. When 1v1ing I suggest you track your opponents jungler and also assume your opponent knows something you dont. If a health health opponent engages you whos on full health, assume hes not a ****** and back off, there is most likely a reason that he is confident enough to engage on you, like having the jungler near by, and ready to gank. You should ward 4 brushes in the top lane, tri-bush, river bush, and both top brushes, so you know when the enemy jungler is planning a gank. When this happens, stay just in range of the jungler so that they think that they can get onto you, however in the end he will just end up wasting his and the tops time, causing them both to fall behind, and give you the advantage

Caius Cosades

05-08-2013

Get a decent array of champs. My current list to give people who want to counterpick well is Renekton, Irelia, Riven, Darius, Jayce, Teemo. If you have those six and some skill with each you should be able to counter most people.

Caius Cosades

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstreamFish View Post
Usually top lane is all about countering. Although if you want some neutral picks (a bit safe) Nidalee and Yorick come to mind.
Yorick kind of falls off, and with the nerfs to her tankiness Nidalee is a pretty mediocre top now. She works, but there are so many better choices that it's not worth it. For neutrality, Jayce is great because he's near uncounterable.