(Champion Concept) Ezina, the Hyperroller

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostbutt

09-26-2014

I've been changing this bit by bit for a week now, but I didn't post it because I would worry about what people thought about it. But, when I looked at how I judged other people's concepts, I thought, "SCREW IT, LET THEM JUDGE ME." Or ... something like that. Here we go.
(warning: lots of clutter (probably))
(None of the numbers are final: If something look ridiculously overpowered, do point it out~)
(Some of the quotes might be particularly bad :P)
(I like the piltovian champions, as you will be able to tell <.<. Jinx, Vi and Cait are three of my favourites)

Ezina
The Hyperroller

Lore:
"Piltover, prepare yourself! Jinx, look over here! Vi, Caitlynn; I'm still innocent!" - Ezina

Where most were living in fear of Jinx’s mayhem, Ezina was inspired by it. The daughter of a little-known Piltover inventor, she spent her spare time borrowing her father’s rocket skates and various other toys. Now, using her own mobile fighting style, Ezina fights for the attention of her idol, and playing her little fantasy cops and robbers with everyone else. She hasn’t actually done anything illegal yet, though. But it’s all for fun, right?

Appearance: (Undecided right now)
Face: -
Hair: -
Weapon(s): A machine gun (piltover style) with an attached mini-rocket launcher.
Other: Wears rocket skates!

Role: Marksman

Stats:
Health: 380 (+80)
Health regen: 5 (+0.7)
Mana: 260 (+40)
Mana regen: 7 (+0.6)
Range: 475
Damage: 45 (+4)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+3%)
Armour: 20 (+3)
Resistance: 30
Mov. speed: 325

P: Hextech Skates
Attacking or using an ability activates and charges Ezina's skates. Each stack gives +5% movement speed. Receiving damage removes one stack, while slows, roots, stuns and fear remove all stacks. Max stacks are 2 / 4 / 6.

Q: Boom!
Cooldown: 3 seconds at all ranks.
18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 seconds per charge. Max 3 charges.
Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana and one charge.
Targetting: Skill shot, 800 range
Ezina fires a rocket, dealing 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 (+0.5 AP and +0.4 AD) magic damage in a small radius on impact with an enemy unit.

If cast while dashing over an enemy champion, Ezina fires one rocket downwards and stuns the target for 1 second, in addition to the dash's base damage.

W: Overload Field
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Cost: 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115
Range: 450 units
Radius: 500 units

Ezina throws down an electric field for 5 seconds. She gains 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% movement speed inside this field. Enemies are slowed by 4% / 5% / 6% / 7% / 8% for every second they remain in the field, up to 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40%. Deals 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (+0.2 AP) magic damage per second. Leaving this field disables Ezina’s passive for 10 seconds.

E: Dash and Vault!
Cooldown: 17 / 14 / 11 / 8 / 5 seconds
Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
Ezina dashes up to 500 units. If an enemy champion is in her path, she jumps over them, becoming untargetable for 1.5 seconds. Midair, she attacks the enemy 3 times for 70% damage each shot. Applies on-hit effects on each hit.

Can vault over walls, champions and some projectiles.

R: Thrill (Still not quite sure about the ult. The attack speed may need to be toned down. I might not make it do % damage, and possibly replace with armour and magic penetration?)
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80
Cost: 100 / 100 / 100
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80

Ezina gets into the swing of a fight, and makes faster and much more accurate shots to her enemies’ weak points. She gains 25 / 40 / 55% attack speed for 8 seconds. Her attacks also deal 8 / 10 / 12% of the target’s current health in magic damage over 3 seconds as magic damage.

Her passive is not disabled upon taking damage for the duration of the ability.

Quotes: (Incomplete)
Selection:
"Let's do this!"
Movement:
"Wait for me!"
Onwards!
You can’t run and you probably can’t hide!

Attacking:
"Bang!"
"Stay still!"
Run, I dare you!
Dodging Cait’s Ult with dash: “Hey, stop that!
Jumping over Vi’s Q or ult: “Boink!
Q:
"Bang!"
W:
""
E:
"Bang bang bang!"
Over a wall or other obstacle: “Weeeee!
Over a projectile: “Too close!”, “Try again!
R:
""

Death:
"I’m innocent! Why?!"
Jinx: “I do not even mind this!"
Vi: "You've got the wrong girl!"
Cait: “You're cheating! That gun is not fair ...
Death by Cait’s Ult: “Hey, that’s cheating!
Taunts:
Vi: “Oi, come grab me!
Jinx: “Tickle me with that gun of yours!
Cait: “Snipe me harder.

Hecarim: “Slow poke!
Na nana na naa na!

Notes:
Q:
W: This ability should generally only be used when you're committing to a fight. There is the possible use of dodging certain ults like xerath's or lux's ults, though by lategame, your dash will be up very often.
E: Can be used to vault over Vi’s Vault Breaker. (A big influence on the ability.)
Can vault over jinx’s Rocket, Ezreal’s Trueshot Barrage, Draven’s Whirling Death, and any ability that involves the movement of an enemy, like Vi’s ultimate, etc. but not Lux’s Final Spark, Vel’koz’s Lifeform Disintegration Ray, etc. as well as all small projectiles, eg. Morgana’s Root, or Xerath's stunball thing
R:

Frostbutt

09-27-2014

bump ):

Frostbutt

09-28-2014

bumping again |:

Killzerz

09-28-2014

Ridiculously overpowered. Advice: Just because they are YOUR champion doesn't mean they HAVE to be overpowered. I know you want your creation to shine and be noticed, but making something insanely overpowered will make others laugh and ignore your work.

Constructive Feedback:
1) Too much like Jinx with stacking AS and MS; especially so that she has obvious ties to her. MS can stay, but that stacking AS probably needs to go.
2) Q does...what? Extremely convoluted; just try imagining this in a tooltip.
3) That Q slow is WAYYYYYY too long. 5 seconds? HOLY ****. Nobody even has that on an ultimate!
4) That Q stun is also WAYYYYYY too long. Nobodies ultimate comes close! Hell, Rammus who has to be in melee range and does no damage with his taunt has way less of a duration!
5) That Q damage is WAYYYYY too high! If I get hit (please tell me you can only get hit by 1 rocket) I will take 645 base damage. Dude. Nobodies ultimate has jack on this. And this is on a pretty short cooldown compared to people like Syndra.
6) Q is also an escape. Please, try to think of another Marksman who has an AoE damage ability on his Q (GRAVES). Is this anywhere near the power of his ability?
7) W does wayyyyy too much. Not only does it give Tristana levels of AS, but it also increases damage on hit by way more than comparable people. This is two steroids that feed off each other in one.
8) W also decreases its cooldown due to the amount you auto with it. Can you say, "Overloaded!"? This is Tristana's Q, MF's W, and Graves E all in one. Far too obscenely powerful.
9) E: So she has a reposition? Cool! And you...wait...attack 3 times AND you get to move 700 units!? Lategame, this is way too strong. I would cut the units to 500 and make her attack once, MAYBE (MAYBE!) twice.
10) Ult nets her 70% MS. Dude, Quinn doesn't even get to be this fast with her ult AND SHE BECOMES MELEE.
11) Her ult also gives her 60% cooldown reduction. Her other abilities are still retardedly OP, and this is just icing on the cake. Yeah, I want an overpowered champion to enter Urfmode for 12 seconds, that's not OP.
12) Gains slow reduction. WHY. THAT'S THE COUNTERPLAY. She has absolutely no weaknesses and the greatest of strengths you could want! Please nerf Rito.
13) What makes me want to play her? What is unique about her? She seems pretty vanilla aside from being ridiculously OP. Any new mechanics? Any optimal way of playing her? Right now I can't tell because she is so violently OP.
14) Passive is too easy to stack. Should be something like, "If she is hit, her passive is disabled for 5 seconds," to allow for counterplay.

Sorry if I R.Y.A.N.O'ed you, but she needs a lot of work as she is time-bendingly OP right now.

Frostbutt

09-29-2014

I wasn't trying to make it overpowered, the numbers are mostly just placeholders.
I designed this to be something I would find fun to play. Emphasis on "I" <_<

Will respond to each of your points in an edit.

edit:
1. Fair enough. My focus was always on speed, but moreso on moving around, so I'll work that AS out of it. I'm not sure if I want to get rid of the W completely though. I'll see what I can do.

2. I was worried this would be extremely complicated D: I'll make it a little ... no, a lot less complicated.

3. Nasus.

4. Yep x.x either getting rid of that stun, or making it 0.5 or 1 second(s) long. Will decide when I go to edit the kit

5. No, you'll get hit by 510845 rockets. Reworking it! No more rapid firing of rockets, I reckon. Less damage too. I'll decide on a cooldown. (I want to keep these rockets though. She is 'inspired' by jinx afterall <: )

6. Removing all CC apart from when jumping on someone I guess. (That's fair, right?)

7. >>>I think I'll keep the damage part (probably not the base values or scaling though) because I have a softspot for ADCs building AP. Also I like kayle.<<< Nevermind this

8. ---answered already I think

9. Fiiiiine. I'm not a good judge of range so I couldn't picture the dash range. But 500 it is. I'll keep it at 3 shots tyvm At 50% damage each shot. (1.5x is fair)

10. I have to get rid of this ult then <.< I'll think of something.

11. It was just an idea >_>

12. *dies* forgive me.

13. I ... don't know. I'd still play it <_< OP or not.

14. I could swear I had a passive-disable in there ... What did I do with it ?_?

okay, going to work on it a LOT. (I'm still going to have difficulties with numbers.)

Frostbutt

09-29-2014

Edited. Remember, numbers are still not final. And I can't think of a fun replacement for the ult.

Killzerz

09-29-2014

Much more balanced! This is frankly incredible! You really parsed down the language here and now I can really actually see a champion!

But I'm wondering if she's a tad weak now you did so much work. Again, I want to thank you for taking something that OP and making it far FAR more balanced though!

1) 450 range is very short. Range is one of the most important aspects of any ADC and literally determine their power budget. 450 range gives you A LOT to work with, or needs to be brought up. My points will act as though you are keeping the range thus increasing her power budget.
2) Q could charge considerably faster considering her range, and maybe even have a shorter cooldown. I'm afraid this might act a bit like Corki's ult; however because this is on a "normal" skill this could work. Resource management is interesting and definitely promotes a skill cap. So if you were to drop cooldown a bit and/or definitely decrease charge CD she would be in a much better place.
3) W is how big? This is an extremely interesting part of her kit, one I could definitely see working on a champion. It reminds me of Trundle W. So how big is this field?
4) Her Vault could do with some tuning. I commend you for your toning of this ability, but perhaps she does 66% of her attacks and hit 3 times (needs some power!). Now, due to her really low range you can make her far more mobile especially now that her power budget allows for it; perhaps make it less units to trigger but on a much higher mana cost rate. This allows for some big fancy moves in teamfights but makes it so she isn't suffocating in lane because she is mana-gated (teamfights happen fast, not over a couple minutes like laning so this is less of an issue there).
5) Her ult is vanilla (I know it's a placeholder!). Now that you have really toned her down, I would suggest giving her something like her old-but-weaker version of her ult back. She doesn't have steroids elsewhere on her kit, and plays like a mobile caster for most of the time. If you could un-gate her for big moments, well, she would feel like she has definite times of strength and times of weaknesses. I would make this on a long cooldown, and forego the old MS. She already has mobility, but now she wants to stand and fight. I'm unsure as to what your aspiration could be, and you have to be careful not to look too much like a Twitch ult. That being said, any combination of increased AS, AD, % health on hit (not true damage, too hard to balance), range, and yes, even a slight CD reduction could be useful. Some thoughts: if it gave 40% CDR this would emphasize the rest of her kit as an extremely mobile ADC, even moreso than Lucian. However, she is still relatively weak. I would also give her some other steroid to compensate.
6) What is your fantasy? When you pick up this champion, how will she stand out compared to Lucian, Vayne, and any other ADC? What makes me say, "I NEED her against this team comp!" What makes her interesting? What is your motivation? Make sure you don't JUST create a balanced champ, but an interesting one as well! Feel free to disregard all advice in order to make this champion INTERESTING! Good luck!

All in all, perhaps doing any number of these changes would make her interesting. 450 range though could be a killer; perhaps bumping it up to 500 like Lucian or perhaps 525 like Vayne would make her more doable. Just be careful: more range eats up a lot of power budget, so the more range you give her the less her abilities can do. Still, maybe some small range increase would be favored.

P.S. I don't know if I stated it before, but you did an extremely nice job making her go from OP God to actually workable. That is fantastic!!! Don't give up!

Deleven

09-29-2014

This concept has some potential, i will give you some of my thoughts on some of the high level design choices i think you could make.

Note: I am going to give examples of ideas for some of your skills below, but avoid wedging my examples into your champion. I sometimes feel i can't explain what i mean well so i use examples to give a clearer picture, what i don't want is to take over you champion.

Choice of Weapons:

A machine gun and rocket launcher are not mobile weapons. When you look at them they have too much weight and recoil to fit well on the mobile champion you are trying to make. You should perhaps aim to have weapons that are held in one hand, perhaps pistols, as they are light weight and allow your champ to use arms for balance as she move quickly.

You considered using grenades instead of rockets, and i think that would be a great choice for the mobile adc for the reasons I listed above.

Base Stats:

I like the range you gave your champ. They are very short ranged for a adc, but have ample mobility to make up for it, this is a good choice.

Passive Thoughts:

Your passive is effective and follows the flow of your champion, but i feel more could be done thematically for this passive. Consider having a passive with more draw-backs, so that your champion can have a unique niche for movement compared to other champions. Take this example:

Sample Passive: While (your champion) is moving in the same direction, they gain 10% bonus move speed per second, gaining a max of 50% move speed. This move speed is lost on stopping or moving the champion more than 20 degrees from their previous direction.

There are alot of technical details that would have to be worked out with this passive, but thematically it is good. It gives a sense of momentum that no other champion has, and making your champion unique should be one of the goals you have.

Q Thoughts:

Like i said above i would love to see this as the grenade instead of the rocket, but that is just my opinion.

Making the attack deal magic damage is an interesting choice, most people make their carries with the same damage type for the late game efficiency with armor pen, it is nice to see that you didn`t default to that. The only thing i would change is to give the skill an AD ratio (maybe 50% of bonus AD?) just so the skill dosen`t scale horrible if you decide to be an adc.

The ammo system is perhaps a tipping point here, on one hand if you have all your grenades available and are able to land them all on the same opponent, you are able to chunk down an opponents health far too easily. On the other hand if you miss your grenades the skill is basically a minor burst of damage on a 30 second cool down. Both cases here are potentially a problem. I suggest reducing the amount of grenades you can hold at once and reducing the recharge time on the grenades to flatten out these problems.

Also, i believe this would be a good skill to be able to cast while moving.

W Thoughts:

Not really a fan of this skill. You are making a mobile champ, but then you give them a zoning aoe. zoning tools belong on champions with a lack of mobility, so that they aren`t easily killed by enemies that can out manouver them, putting zoning on a highly mobile champ just makes them excessively un-catchable.

In this space the thing you might want to include is another way to deal damage while moving. You could make it like a mini culling or an auto attack you can use while moving, but the important part is that you need something for the ad version of your champ so that she can deal some damage without going all in.

E Thoughts:

The dash portion is good, and i really like the vault. I get the feeling that if you are ever in a position to use this skill that you will end up dieing shortly after as you are probably going to vault right into the enemy team, but the skill is still thematically correct and is interesting.

I am a little confused by what you mean when you say you can dodge skill shots. do you mean that you can press E while dashing to vault over projectiles or that if you are using the dash you will automatically jump over them? By the wording it also seems like you can get hit by a few types of skill shots while you are vaulting, i would suggest you take fizz`s playful-trickster as an example and take that kind of invulnerability.

The only thing i dislike about this concept is the cool down reduction while moving, as your champion is always moving, so you might as well just reduce the base cool down.

R: Good luck.

I hope my post is helpful.

Frostbutt

10-01-2014

@killzers: Thanks so much
Maybe she is a little weak now though
I've decided (maybe temporarily) that the range is going to be 475. Again, I'm a horrible judge of range, as their isn't any easy reference (that I know of) to help in this regard ):
I had some issues deciding on the cooldown and charge rate, because depending on both, the charge rate could be so fast that ezina never runs out of ammo by late game. But if the cooldown is too low, then they could just all be spammed before a fight breaks out. Hopefully what I've gone with isn't too low of a cooldown. But then, the mana should limit the usage in lane enough.
For the size of the W, I wanted something large enough to be prominent enough in teamfights, but not too large that it becomes a death trap for all enemies who find themselves in its radius. Too small, and it can just be ignored, and the movement speed bonus would be useless, because leaving its radius disables her passive temporarily. (I designed it so that she can't use it as another escape). I'm otherwise struggling to decide on a size D:
I've only slightly increased the mana cost of the dash, but that should be enough anyway. Also, the damage is up slightly. I'm not so worried about the damage being too weak lategame, because by then, the dash would be better used to reposition quickly, as jumping into the middle of a fight as an ADC isn't the best idea :P
As for the ult, I'm struggling to decide what kind of steroids I want to put on her ultimate. I have decided on "no disabling the passive while active" though. Bit like teemo's W.
I'll edit later, as I'm getting a bit short on time D:

@Deleven:
ty~
I think i've solved some of the problems with the Q (and I've added AD scaling), but I really want the Q to be a skill shot. If it was a grenade, it couldn't be a skillshot D: I can understand the whole thing about the weapons being heavy on a mobile champion, and I was initially going with pistol(s) anyway when I was designed it. I REALLY want to keep a 'really small' rocket launcher in there though. For the sake of the skillshots
The idea of the W is that you use it when you're absolutely committed to a fight. I didn't want a mobile champion to have so many escapes that you'd never kill them (especially in the laning phase).

About the E, Ezina automatically vaults over anything that fits the criteria. I can see the option to recast while dashing being a possibility actually. It'd let you dodge things like morg's Q and blitz's grab, etc. IF you can time it right.
"Skillshots" actually just means the global projectile ults. Ezina doesn't actually vault over any other skillshots (or target abilities or anything (except certain things like Vi's Q and R, for example)), so you can still get hit by them, unless you happen to vault over a champion, a wall, or one of those big skillshots the instant it flies through you

And I'm still struggling with the ult. I did have one that was a movespeed steroid, but that was judged to be massively overpowered <.< I'm 99% likely going to go back to having a steroid on the ult, but not a movespeed one.

TL;DR: I've taken into account all of what you two have suggested, I just haven't updated my main post (I'm working in google docs)

<3

LiquidLizZard

10-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbutt View Post
@killzers: Thanks so much
Maybe she is a little weak now though
I've decided (maybe temporarily) that the range is going to be 475. Again, I'm a horrible judge of range, as their isn't any easy reference (that I know of) to help in this regard ):
I had some issues deciding on the cooldown and charge rate, because depending on both, the charge rate could be so fast that ezina never runs out of ammo by late game. But if the cooldown is too low, then they could just all be spammed before a fight breaks out. Hopefully what I've gone with isn't too low of a cooldown. But then, the mana should limit the usage in lane enough.
For the size of the W, I wanted something large enough to be prominent enough in teamfights, but not too large that it becomes a death trap for all enemies who find themselves in its radius. Too small, and it can just be ignored, and the movement speed bonus would be useless, because leaving its radius disables her passive temporarily. (I designed it so that she can't use it as another escape). I'm otherwise struggling to decide on a size D:
I've only slightly increased the mana cost of the dash, but that should be enough anyway. Also, the damage is up slightly. I'm not so worried about the damage being too weak lategame, because by then, the dash would be better used to reposition quickly, as jumping into the middle of a fight as an ADC isn't the best idea :P
As for the ult, I'm struggling to decide what kind of steroids I want to put on her ultimate. I have decided on "no disabling the passive while active" though. Bit like teemo's W.
I'll edit later, as I'm getting a bit short on time D:

@Deleven:
ty~
I think i've solved some of the problems with the Q (and I've added AD scaling), but I really want the Q to be a skill shot. If it was a grenade, it couldn't be a skillshot D: I can understand the whole thing about the weapons being heavy on a mobile champion, and I was initially going with pistol(s) anyway when I was designed it. I REALLY want to keep a 'really small' rocket launcher in there though. For the sake of the skillshots
The idea of the W is that you use it when you're absolutely committed to a fight. I didn't want a mobile champion to have so many escapes that you'd never kill them (especially in the laning phase).

About the E, Ezina automatically vaults over anything that fits the criteria. I can see the option to recast while dashing being a possibility actually. It'd let you dodge things like morg's Q and blitz's grab, etc. IF you can time it right.
"Skillshots" actually just means the global projectile ults. Ezina doesn't actually vault over any other skillshots (or target abilities or anything (except certain things like Vi's Q and R, for example)), so you can still get hit by them, unless you happen to vault over a champion, a wall, or one of those big skillshots the instant it flies through you

And I'm still struggling with the ult. I did have one that was a movespeed steroid, but that was judged to be massively overpowered <.< I'm 99% likely going to go back to having a steroid on the ult, but not a movespeed one.

TL;DR: I've taken into account all of what you two have suggested, I just haven't updated my main post (I'm working in google docs)

<3
Hey Frostbutt! Remember me? I've been trying to reach you these past few days but u havent been on the forums or league for that matter Try adding me on league so you don't forget ty