Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Queen Ashe

12-16-2012

Tryndamere, if you believe this is about 'winning' or 'losing', then might I politely suggest you reconsider your mindset?

If you have a problem with me personally, then it is under my belief that you should have brought it up in my thread instead of 'going behind Ashe's back', so to speak. However, my original point remains. I honestly do not care if you decide to pursue it, but the backlash will not be from me, but from everyone else who also happens to oppose it.

Regards,
Queen Ashe.

Ask the Herald

12-16-2012

I honestly don't care about the Tryndamere X Sejuani thing anymore

Now I'm in an uproar about who this damn forum is treating a Champion roleplayer's desire to pursue creative branches of expression.

It's a tragedy indeed when such liberty is stifled by the overwhelming elitism that is grossly rampant about this forum.

Weenie Lord Shen

12-16-2012

Opposed the creativity of Shen and Akali

:/

Trynd The King

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Queen Ashe View Post
Tryndamere, if you believe this is about 'winning' or 'losing', then might I politely suggest you reconsider your mindset?

If you have a problem with me personally, then it is under my belief that you should have brought it up in my thread instead of 'going behind Ashe's back', so to speak. However, my original point remains. I honestly do not care if you decide to pursue it, but the backlash will not be from me, but from everyone else who also happens to oppose it.

Regards,
Queen Ashe.
Please I was trolling earlier in this thread tho I should probably be more careful of what I write. I have not problem with you or any other Rper in the forums at all. I don't believe in hate. I have already said to disregard all my posts. That deal with the party and this thread.

Tryndamere

Ask the Herald

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3324 View Post
Opposed the creativity of Shen and Akali

:/
No, just opposed you. Since, you know, you ruin every champion you take up.

Schoolgirl Mordekaiser, anyone?

AsktheBlindFist

12-16-2012

*cough* I actually enjoy his roleplaying of Shen.

Weenie Lord Shen

12-16-2012

And I didn't **** up varus, now did I?

That is until Starii did it.

Ask the Herald

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3324 View Post
And I didn't **** up varus, now did I?

That is until Starii did it.
You were Varus at one point?

AskUdyr

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I honestly don't care about the Tryndamere X Sejuani thing anymore

Now I'm in an uproar about who this damn forum is treating a Champion roleplayer's desire to pursue creative branches of expression.

It's a tragedy indeed when such liberty is stifled by the overwhelming elitism that is grossly rampant about this forum.
Am I an elitist?

I am Udyr. I have to make do with a lot of things that are not established. I can do a lot of things that I don't think fit the character but everyone else thinks so.

I understand my creative liberties, and the limits as to which I can breach. I cannot suddenly make Udyr a canon woman and go "Okay that makes sense because I choose to."

People want to read about Udyr. When you have pre-established characters, you automatically bind yourself creatively because they're not yours, they're someone else's. When you have your own OC's, your own characters, then creativity is weeeee.

As Champions, we automatically put ourselves into restrictions. I have to play off of how other people react to me and how I react to them. I have to create a certain air of believability within these constraints.

Using these constraints, I am more creative in a sense. Read this article, Wired, http://www.wired.com/culture/design/...17-03/dp_intro, about how limitations in design can help extend creativity itself because instead of having the world open to you, you have a box. You have this box, now what can you do with it? You have to make it still somewhat resemble the box, but the solutions you come up with have to be creative or else you're thoroughly screwed.

People even put limitations on themselves to try and do problem solving and thinking that they would not have realized otherwise. To be told, "Anything you want," gives the illusion of creative freedom because it's anything you want. That changes quite, quite easily compared to setting the groundwork and working from it.

I have to analyze the core traits of the character, and keep to them. Karthus chose to refer to his older self because of his own choice, and frankly, I prefer old Karthus' lore much more thoroughly since he was designed and constructed around his old lore. His new lore contradicts his in game character persona even, and I could go on about it, but I'd rather not ruffle those feathers.

So is there a certain air of elitism? Perhaps, perhaps not.

I will not say.

I will say that I understand my constraints, I understand my limitations, and I work with them because I am Udyr, not Vince, not Rose, not even Jurante, but Udyr.

I am Udyr, and I'm going to do my damn best for others to recognize who he is and use those limitations to help my creativity rather than to stifle it. There's the box, in this case the core character traits, use it to your advantage.

I want the insults to stop, cease using argumentative fallacies, and discuss. We are a community. Discuss.

Weenie Lord Shen

12-16-2012

Dear Varus

I even said UN the compendium that I was taking up varus

Then I gave varus to Starii, because she was planning on grabbing him.

Being the KIND, NON-BOLD RAGING BUTT STICK child I am, I kindly handed it to her.