Which portrays Vel'Koz most effectively?

Ask VelKoz 13 68.42%
Koz Hermora Vel 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Champion Auditions - Vel'Koz (Votes!!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

03-23-2014

This Voting Session will be run using the guidelines set forth HERE.

Well, it's been a long time coming, but we've finally got all entries from the perspective Vel'koz Roleplayers! The guidelines for the voting are linked above, as are the conditions for a winner. In the case that a winner isn't chosen by community votes alone, the panel of judges will step in to make a decision on how to proceed. This could include another writing challenge, followed by another round of votes, or they could simply pick a winner. Your judges are listed below!

Your Panel of Judges:
Ryugi Kazamaru "Kaz"
SerpantsEmbrace
Script Lord

In the case a Judge cannot fulfill their duties, "comeplaywithJINX" or "Ask The Headsman" will step in as a tertiary or replacement Judge.

Your choices for Vel'koz are below. I've rigged it so that clicking their names will link you directly to their submissions, which means no super-cluttered thread like last time! That means it should be nice and easy to read each one and cast your vote. Remember, you're voting for who you think has portrayed Vel'koz the best, as far as you understand his character. The personality is more important than the writing, even, as the personality is what we will likely deal with the most on the forums. That said, good luck to our contestants!

Remember!! One vote per person! Don't make duplicate votes on smurfs!

Participants:

Ask VelKoz
Koz Hermora Vel

Koz Hermora Vel

03-23-2014

Good luck... my rival.

Grievous77

03-23-2014

True, one day I wanna try to do this, not just yet though. Also when will the votes be tallied?

Grievous77

03-23-2014

But they were good try outs.

Ask VelKoz

03-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz Hermora Vel View Post
Good luck... my rival.
Same to you.

Ask the Shaco

03-24-2014

Can't wait to show the spaghetti monster my tricks!

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2014

A little request to the winner of the audition.

After you have created your thread. Please come to the Compendium and drop the link over there.

Thank you.

Grievous77

03-26-2014

Starting to get serious.
It's so dramatic.....

Koz Hermora Vel

03-26-2014

Hello, this is the Cho'Gath, Soraka, Zilean, and sometimes Goau RP'er. I just wanted to say a few things in regards to these auditions and voting. I do not mean any ill will toward anyone, but they are just things I wanted to say.

Number One: Congrats to my opponent, Ask VelKoz, and I hope you would like to visit my Welcome to the League (Vel'Koz) thread when I finish setting it up.

Number Two: Feedback is very important. Thanks to the difference in likes alone, I was thrown into depression every day when I looked at the difference in likes between my audition and those of Ask VelKoz's.
It was really a big hit to my self-esteem to see that. At the time of making this, I still had only 3 likes compared to my opponent's 9.

Why? Was it because I put in more possibility for interaction rather than focus on Riot's personification of Vel'Koz? Was it because I chose to answer the questions according to how I thought Vel'Koz would react, reactions included; such as him glaring and threatening Ram Steed or his and the soldier's thoughts during the bonus?
If so, I am sorry, but I was writing as though I was roleplaying him, not as though I was pretending to be him.

Number Three: I really did not have any interest in roleplaying as Vel'Koz because I was already RP'ing Cho'Gath and Zilean, two characters that are critical and the most likely ones for the Vel'Koz RP'er to interact with. In fact, I was going to say as much in this same post, but chose not to when I saw the other 2 entrees did not show. I wanted to wait until the votes came up, and if people really did like the way I had portrayed Vel'Koz, I was going to give up either Cho'Gath, Zilean, or both of them.

Number Four: This is a list of things I would have planned for had I decided to give up a champion or two and start somewhat fresh with Vel'Koz. I don't care if these are used, but I just wanted to post them anyway.
a.) Interaction with Kassadin: Of his three, smaller eyes, Vel'Koz's middle one would hold the memories and personality of the Voidwalker's daughter, Anomaly. I was going to have it so his smaller eyes, since they could be removed, also served as containers for those he found most interesting. He would have the ability to assimilate any sentient being, but it would be his choice whether or not to preserve them in the form of one of his smaller eyes or simply absorb their memories.

b.) Interaction with Nasus: He would try to corrupt the Curator of the Sands and turn him into an ally of the Void, or at least turn him away from fighting against the Void. Above all else, he would try to gain full, unrestricted access to all of the files and notes on the rest of the champions of the League, learning all he can about them, their homes, their species, their people, and just whatever he could.

c.) Interaction with the other champions: Rather than seek to disintegrate and learn of them as we know from Riot's lore for him, he would try to learn about them and pave the way for the Void's arrival, acting as a spy under the guise of a seeker of knowledge. After the first two soldiers, he would not kill anyone else, except for during League matches.

d.) Interaction with the League: He would actually not have a Ask Thread, but be found in the library. Truthfully, I believe he is one of the only ones who could get away with it because his lore states that he is a wanderer; another being Ezreal. So, if people wanted to interact with him or send him mail.
At least for the first few days, and then he would be given a room close to the library.

e.) Interaction with the threads: This guy encourages roaming, meeting people in the Open RP's before visiting them in their own threads, and I would have played him as such.

f.) The name: Koz, meaning 'Seeker' by Riot, and Hermora was to be a reference to the Elder Scrolls' Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory.
His full name and title, if ever asked and revealed, would have been Seeker of Knowledge, Prince Vel'Mor; or Seeker Prince Vel'Mor. The word Mor is taken from rigor mortis, with mortis meaning "of death". So, the best translation for his name would be Seeker Prince of Knowledge and Death, since his lore says he kills and destroys things to learn.
Why prince? Because he is the last of his kind, his species of the Void, or first of his kind; either way, he is not king or leader. As to why he would have been the only one of his kind, that is because he is the first non-insect looking creature of the Void.

g). Other plans for him: He would eventually try to convince other champions to either join the Cult of the Void, become allies to the Void, or just agree to submit to the Void in exchange for their lives. This would require a visit to each champion and time to get to know them and for them to know him.

Number Five: A noticeable and active dislike, almost hatred, toward the other champions from the Void with the exception of Kha'Zix.

Number Six: That's all I can think of. Anyway, good luck to Ask VelKoz, and welcome to the forums.

Kuronan

03-26-2014

Well I'm sorry Cho/Zilean/Soraka/Goau, but when I read both of them, I liked both of them and I respected your audition.

But I felt Ask Velkoz portrayed the role better, I could literally hear those lines coming out perfectly in my mind. It was roleplaying on a whole new level, because it was not just a well written paragraph, it was a paragraph I could legitimately sit there and read with a voiced Velkoz narration.

Even had I given a half-baked attempt (which I was planning on before I got shut-down for a poor name) I would surrender to him after reading it because I felt like not only would I be roleplaying with the champion, but the portrayal was equal, if not in some degree better than what I would have come to expect from one teaser and shortly after the actual champion.