Karma or Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrderThruKAOS

08-02-2012

Im so torn of Ive got enough IP for one of them.. i just dont know which one!

FrostOrFlame

08-02-2012

Akali can carry

Karma takes a bunch of timing/practice/etc to carry, or support.

GreenEggsAndSLAM

08-02-2012

Karma if you want to spend hours getting used to her play style to become a mediocre pick

akali if you want the same thing only being an AP carry.

KAWAII BUSTANITE

08-02-2012

Who's Karma?

Edit: Also Akali >>>>>>>>Karma

OrderThruKAOS

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWizurd View Post
Who's Karma?
huehuehuehue

Cameryn Kyre

08-02-2012

Karma is one of the best and underrated champs in this game.

However, she is stuck in the role of AP mid; and has no hard CC.

As such, the team has to compensate around her and pick up CC in other lanes. Further, Karma's late game falls off slightly in terms of damage but increases in terms of support. Making her rather unique, but bad for being the focus of solo mid farm/exp without choice teammates.

I can out-burst LeBlancs to all hell (shield nuke + heal nuke and DFG dropping her to about 20% while my damage mitigation in my offense cuts her damage output to a pitiful amount in comparison). However, LeBlanc still lives and my mantra is out. Karma likes committed fights. She isn't the best at trading cool downs; and I have to wait longer for round 2 than she does. Late-game you need coordinated plays to make good use of your mantra.

Riven or Jax top would be ideal; melee hyper-carries that can get into the center of the fight and make good use of your shield-nuke and leash. They also bring AoE stuns to compensate for your lack of CC.

Lulu, Janna, Alistar, and Sona all make good support picks for their shield/heals/CC to synergize with Karma's kit and pick up the slack in CC.

And the jungler must also bring CC, someone like Amumu would be pretty ideal. Nautilus/Alistar/Maokai/Shen also very fine picks. But someone like Nocturn wouldn't go well. Sure you can keep him alive and what-not, but with only a single target fear and his late game fall off in tankiness... won't be too pretty late game.

A farmed Karma is also very good at keeping Vayne alive.

There are many ways to break out the true potential of Karma and be a true terror. However, she is a very specialized pick.

Akali is an assassin... You simply pick her if there's a lane she can survive and squishy carries she can kill.

Much simpler for you to learn Akali and opportunities to use such skills would be more often available.

However, since Karma is underplayed, you may find it rewarding to master an underdog and make your victories ever the sweeter.

Weegee7

08-02-2012

I recommend Akali, as she is tons of fun.

Blubarry

08-02-2012

Karma is amazing, but the majority of the community disagrees so expect to be raged at. Also, she's kinda difficult to get used to.

OrderThruKAOS

08-02-2012

Screw it, I never see anyone play Karma. So I'll give her a go!

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

just a heads up, akali requires her own rune page. still my favorite assassin