How does one beat a Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goodguys9

08-02-2012

What counters him? He dominates 1v1 and in team fights. I've only ever beat him as Gangplank, and usually only because I far out cs him.

Epic Dancing Guy

08-03-2012

In lane the safest bets are Galio and Gragas due to their range they can farm the minion wave and stay clear out of danger. In team fights the best way is sheer focus by the 5 members of your team.

ZeroQuest96

08-03-2012

Jax is one of my best solo tops and I've found that to beat him you need to have your jungler gank him or make him waste his E. He is normally a hybrid offtank so shut him down at early levels before he gets lifesteal. If you can't shut him down then ask for ganks and focuses on him. He is the duelist, but when outnumbered he kinda dies XD.

R3tr1buti0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

counters for jax( i main jax): Gangplank,yorick, olaf,darius,kennen, udyr

Duffman316

08-03-2012

mid game to late game ad sion

Amoc

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman316 View Post
mid game to late game ad sion
A farmed AD Sion beats everyone late game. Good luck getting that far against anyone competent though.

Krazyjay1456

08-03-2012

kayle. i've slapped jax so hard. he loses out on so much damage in the 2-3 seconds my ult gives me.

Rouge Nightmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

One way to kill him everytime is using yorick. But u have to shut him down completely, dont let him cs or get kills. Or he'll kill u mid-late game. I personally use singed against him. And omg i destroy him everytime its so funny. He cant jump on me or else hell suffer me throwing him back, n suffers alot of poison damage because i sllow him n just harrass him.

But no matter what dont fight him more than 2 seconds head on. Because he gets faster the more hits he gets on you. And that 3 hit plus w realllllly hurts. Thats why singed or yorick are good counters to him, because if he tries to do anything u throw him and he cant get his passive stacks and suffers alot of damage. With yorick u harrass him with one of ur minions if he jumps you use your Q then the slowing minion on him n healing one and run away. Hell lose alot of life while u suffer minimal damage. And wastes around the same mana as you. Also kayle works wonders on him with that ranged attack n his speed buff to run away. Another champ is malphite, his E takes away his passive. When he jumps in u E,W, and q when he tries to run away he wont do much only his w will. TEEMO FTW as well

Point is stop his passive, wether it be with a skill or by backing off for a few seconds just stop it, and you will be fine.

goodguys9

08-03-2012

I kind of have another question, I didn't see him once at Dreamhack and never see him in professional tournaments of the like, so he must get shut down reaaally hard by anybody with skill. From your descriptions he still sounds pretty tough, so how can he be shut down so easily and so hard that he isn't viable?

Syferfyre

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroQuest96 View Post
Jax is one of my best solo tops and I've found that to beat him you need to have your jungler gank him or make him waste his E. He is normally a hybrid offtank so shut him down at early levels before he gets lifesteal. If you can't shut him down then ask for ganks and focuses on him. He is the duelist, but when outnumbered he kinda dies XD.
I think every champion dies when outnumbered