Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goronok

08-02-2012

Is he a bruiser, or a carry?

He has defensive abilities... but also has high sustained DPS based mostly off AA, with the aid of TF procs from W, and little direct ability damage. Xin has MUCH higher direct ability damage (if you consider his Q attacks as ability damage... which is reasonable considering they penetrate dodge) and is considered a carry.

Or am I confusing my definitions? I think of a carry as an AA monkey, who just uses his abilities to augment his AA and for utility... and that's largely how I think of Jax... his only non-utility ability damage is his W, which doesn't really hit that hard in and of itself, even geared hybrid, and his ult passive which is effectively part of his AA.

otirruborez

08-02-2012

they are one and the same in dom.

IHeartBrainz

08-02-2012

Jax is a frog and or battle toad.

HaIfhearted

08-02-2012

Well, Jax is kind of ridiculous right now.
He has damage almost on par with a carry, yet defense on par with the tankier bruisers.

Orphane

08-02-2012

Jax is Dunkmaster Supreme. Don't listen to what they say about Jarvan, or even Yi. Jax's dunks per second are higher and more intense than anything you ever imagined.

NavyGothic

08-02-2012

He is the Alpha and the Omega.

naotasan

08-02-2012

Well, Jax is the best right now

PandemoniumHeart

08-03-2012

Jax is a ranged, melee, tanky DPS, assasin, mage, tank, support, jungler. He excels at everything.

DiscworldDeath

08-03-2012

Quote:
pandemoniumheart:
jax is a dhampir, werewolf, mage, half-elf, rogue, half-dragon drow. He excels at everything.

ftfy

0shi

08-03-2012

He's a bursty tanky mobile carry.