Why does armor and mr seem useless

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

08-03-2012

Well, if it was a teamfight, I suspect that Corki may have had a hand in your demise, what with his true damage passive and all. Malphite also does magic damage, so armor isn't exactly effective against that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathofrecca

Senior Member

08-03-2012

thornmail is not that good unless you also have spell pen items. Frozen heart and randuins are probably better individually or both.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-05-2012

how much HP did you have?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whiteheal

Member

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
how much HP did you have?
2.5k


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triton95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-08-2012

I have never really tried to play a legit tank in TT I don't think that this map is set up for them to do very well, except for Singed who is more AP than tank. Overall i rarely run tanks in treeline and just pick a tankier bruiser if my team needs a tank. my go too is Olaf. You build him tanky and you have spamable true damage that destroys squishes and you can't be cc and you get really tanky when your ulti is up. Olaf is just one of the bruiser like that. Darius, Lee Sin, Riven, and others are the same way. they can't be burst down fast enough and they give their team time to burst down the other team. My personal favorites are Olaf and Darius. Tanks with insane damage to deal to anyone stupid enough to fight them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Castellan

Senior Member

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton95 View Post
I have never really tried to play a legit tank in TT I don't think that this map is set up for them to do very well, except for Singed who is more AP than tank. Overall i rarely run tanks in treeline and just pick a tankier bruiser if my team needs a tank. my go too is Olaf. You build him tanky and you have spamable true damage that destroys squishes and you can't be cc and you get really tanky when your ulti is up. Olaf is just one of the bruiser like that. Darius, Lee Sin, Riven, and others are the same way. they can't be burst down fast enough and they give their team time to burst down the other team. My personal favorites are Olaf and Darius. Tanks with insane damage to deal to anyone stupid enough to fight them.
This, ive gone full tank shen one game, doesnt work, the 3 enemy team members will focus the other 2 down and you have no damage to finish them off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-08-2012

Tank voli can be phenomenal. Scales hard off health, and has the cc/disruption to make it tough for them to just ignore you and focus your squishies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khitty

Senior Member

08-08-2012

You need health to go with that MR and Armor. Check this out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Tank voli can be phenomenal. Scales hard off health, and has the cc/disruption to make it tough for them to just ignore you and focus your squishies.
Tanks that scale off health are the only viable options it seems like, such a Volibear or Shen. Rush Warmogs, still wreck people as if you were stacking AD, yet have the HP to win teamfights and tank turrets. Rammus and Malphite are also stong, if only because they individually counter bruisers, making them viable. Amumu scales late game, and has value, but his weak early game makes him a liability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Castellan View Post
This, ive gone full tank shen one game, doesnt work, the 3 enemy team members will focus the other 2 down and you have no damage to finish them off.
It works, but the specific build requires specific items from my experience. What works best in almost all games is Warmog's/Phage/Wit's End (or Ionic Spark). You have the health to survive and do damage, the slow to stay on target, and the AS to synergize your build. The difficulty is getting the gold for the gear, which means your team needs to synergize with Shen to ensure every taunt/ult counts. Something along the lines of Shen/melee bruiser/ap bruiser (or even double melee bruiser). For some easy wins, run something along the lines of Shen + Xin/Lee/Darius/Jax/WW/Fizz/Jayce/Olaf/Poppy/Riven/Renek/Shyv/Skarner/Trundle/Udyr/Voli/Wukong/Morde/etc. Keep in mind it won't work if your bruisers try to run tank builds; they need to go somewhat glass cannon.


123