Mid Lane Talon Phantom Dancer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oSHOGUNo

08-02-2012

Is phantom dancer a good item to use on Talon or would it be better to get a defense item like warmogs or guardian?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Talon is not a DPS, he's an assassin.

Building Phantom Dancers is not optimal on him. Attack speed lets you abuse his passive, except if you have no teammates helping, you either need to have Frozen Mallet, or you only have at best a 3 second window with Rake.

It would be far better spent towards a Bloodthirster. Less than 200 gold more to make more use of your ridiculous AD ratio, which just your Q skill has a 1.5 bonus AD ratio, as well as dealing your base AD. W has a 1.2, and ultimate has a 1.8, meaning ignoring E's bonus damage increase you've got a 4.5 bonus AD ratio.

Long story short, AD>>>AS on Talon.

Certified

08-02-2012

AD > AS on Talon...

However, PD also gives Crit and MS...
MS is very important for a Melee Assasin...
Your Ult gives you 40% MS...
You also have a Gap Closer...
You also have a Slow... (And usually either Frozen Mallet, Phage or Tri-Force...)
All of these factors make the added MS from PD less valued, because you already have a lot of MS advantage over your target...

So, the AS is mostly wasted, the MS is mostly wasted... The Crit is still important...
But IMO, PD isn't worth buying just for the Crit...
You're probably better off getting Atma's, ExCa... Even Yoummu's Ghostblade...

Atma's will give you Armour, and since you should be focusing the AD carry in teamfights, this will help with your Survivability a lot... Atma's also has good synergy with IE, Tri-Force or Frozen Mallet...
ExCa will help you burst the AD carry down, negating 50% of his LifeSteal, Summoner Heal and his allies Heals...

oSHOGUNo

08-03-2012

Okay so phantom dancer is out then!

As for what to replace it with, I'm now in between a thirster, atma's, ExCa, or a frozen mallet. Or would it be better to save for trinity force? I've heard that trinity works wonders on Talon. Is that correct?

Would it be wise to buy items that focus crit? I always wondered this as well.
Thanks for the help!

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Trinity Force isn't bad, but since it's a low AD item it's not a high priority item.

Crit is kinda iffy on Talon, but since there are several good items that involve Crit, like IE, TF, Youmuu's and Atma's, it can't really hurt.

oSHOGUNo

08-03-2012

Interesting...
So would stacking blood thirsters be a good idea?

Current Build

1. Boots of Mobility or Merc Treads
2. Bloodthirster
3. Infinity Edge
4. Bloodthirster
5. Atmas Impaler
6. Trinity Force

Certified

08-04-2012

That's quite expensive...

In my opinion swap out 1 BT for an ExCa, you'll be able to burst the target down faster, because of the heal reduction...
You won't lose much damage...
You won't lose any survivability...

NotFarlong

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSHOGUNo View Post
Interesting...
So would stacking blood thirsters be a good idea?

Current Build

1. Boots of Mobility or Merc Treads
2. Bloodthirster
3. Infinity Edge
4. Bloodthirster
5. Atmas Impaler
6. Trinity Force
That's a good build, I'd pop out one BT for a LW and I'd get Atma's after Trinity.

kavinh the third

08-04-2012

phandom dancer is honestly a pretty bad item for talon. He's suppose to be a burster if u build him with attack speed it won't go well. Burst champions like him or say pantheon always need ad over attack speed cause auto attacks are frankly useless on them.

NoMonku

08-05-2012

If you wanted to get PD on talon you might as well just get TF instead, though I'd consider them lower on my priority list. Defensive wise you can almost never go wrong w/ GA.