KC, the vengeful bard

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

08-10-2012

What do you think? Is the tie-in with Sona too obvious? Too subtle? Let me know if anything needs a retouch.

Quote:
Lore:

The skirmishes in Ionia had claimed the lives of many men and women; many of whom were parents, leaving a staggering percentage of the City-State’s youth population without homes. Orphanages and foster homes sprung up to try and handle the problem, but it was far from easy.

KC grew up in one such makeshift hostel. His name was derived from the initials engraved on a peculiar horn that was left in his bassinet on the steps of the orphanage. KC spent most of his childhood there. He was well fed and clothed, but never happy. Once the only person he felt any kinship towards, - a young girl named Sona, - was adopted, KC saw little reason to stay there anymore.

KC scraped by down on the Ionian docks, playing his trumpet for tips enough to gather a daily meal together. It wasn’t an ideal life, but he expected nothing better. One day, a merchant captain docked at Ionia with a shipment of goods, and overheard KC playing his horn. The merchant had no child of his own, and the sight of the young boy playing his horn for a few meager coins moved him. The captain invited KC to join him on his voyages, provided that he would continue to play his horn to keep the crew’s spirits up. KC eagerly accepted.

For years KC sailed the waters of Runeterra, visiting far-off lands. Life had never been better. Until one stormy voyage out over the northern cape to Piltover, the merchant ship was intercepted by pirates. The unarmed merchant vessel was no match for the pirate’s cannon barrage. The ship was overrun, the crew slaughtered. The captain saved KC’s life, shoving him overboard before flames consumed the deck.

KC washed up on the Northern shores of Valoren, clinging desperately to consciousness. He could only watch helplessly as the closest thing to a home he had ever known sank beneath the waves, and the closest thing he had to a father went down with the ship.

His horn washed up on shore a moment later, as thought to taunt him of those happy days that he would never regain. He was overcome by anger, and swore revenge against the pirates who had ruined his happiness. Pirate fleets across the seas would tremble at the sound of his horn, for he would forever stand as a protector of all the merchant ships that lived in fear of the ocean’s brigands.

Samyang Ramen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Too many AoE hard CC's. I do like the idea though.

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

The champ needs to have less cc.....thats way too much. And the name should be an actual name....perhaps Casey.

pengwndude

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
What do you think? Is the tie-in with Sona too obvious? Too subtle? Let me know if anything needs a retouch.
DUDE THAT'S AWESOME ADDING IT TO FRONT PAGE NOW.
i'm changing sona to a description to make it more vague, but yeah awesome!

if you think cc is too much, i'll try and change it, but to prevent it from being too op, i was thinking about keeping the numbers low
also, none of the spells do any damage. is this a good compensation or is this a totally stupid idea?

pengwndude

08-10-2012

EDIT added numbers into the spells

too high? low? good?

ploki122

08-10-2012

stats : I can't say anything on this point... stats are pretty much 100% up to the designer's tastes and what he chooses his champs can/cannot do...

Abilities :
Innate : Right now, while the idea sounds nice, it is flawed... The reason sona works fine is because you can choose what bonus to get depending on the situation... Where with your passive, the enemy chooses when to attack you and what effect to trigger.

Q : An Aoe taunt is kinda strong... you have to consider how Galio's ult is exactly that... and it's an ultimate. As for the reduced damage, I like it. Combined with FH it could prove to deny an adc pretty well.

W : AoE stun, once again this is pretty strong and is only featured on ultimates. The reduced MS + shielding effect would proves very useful in chases and escapes.

E : A third AoE hard CC... this kit really is broken by now... however, I think the 2 others effect flow nicely into your champion.

R : A huge AoE buff is pretty lame for an ultimate imo (and yes I know Sivir and Taric is exactly that... but they ARE lame... they don't really give an ultimate feeling to them).

So basically, without numbers, this guy seems like he can output an amazing number of AoE hard CC... and if you raise the cooldowns too much, it'll be anti-synergistic with his innate...

The lore is kinda... out of nowhere... First of all, you have a really plain and mysterious name (KC) but you never say where it comes from... Next you only say in 1 sentence why he's playing music and where his power comes from. And last you talk about a lot of anger and relation with pirates when none of it appears in the kit. He's actually a protector while the lore points toward a berserker...

EDIT: Numbers came up, you have 8.5s worth of AoE hard CC on a 7.2s cooldown (with 40% cdr)... meaning that with you alone, you can stunlock their whole team... It'll also take at least 7.2-24 seconds to proc your passive...
Also, since your auras doesn't scale it is really OP early game (-10 armor often means that they are left with 0-10 armor at level 1) and useless later on (when you reach level 9, they should all have around 30-50 armor)

EDIT2 : saw the new lore, Ultima nailed correctly the exact things that you failed to include...

Poeta Somnium

08-10-2012

I'm going to get to work on his theme while I turn over some ways to approach the judgment. No ETA on this but I'll try to keep you updated on my progress. Might be done as early as this evening, might take.... who knows. Inspiratioin is wierd. =P

BergMeister

08-10-2012

To further my critique, all champions need to do some damage.....otherwise theyre not fun, and theres no room for experimentation.

Poeta Somnium

08-10-2012

The theme is finished, should be uploaded soon. (Gotta convert stuff.)

Edit: Here you go. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTtJB7UTa0&feature=plcp

pengwndude

08-11-2012

Mother of god that's epic! Putting that on the front page

As for the taunt it does sound cheap, so I'm going to make the radius very small, smaller that rammus's
The fear too? Maybe i'll change it to a slight knock back like Janna but much small and no healing
I'll prolly change the stun to slow and have it target two closest enemies prioritizing champs. The aura will need changing

EDIT. Changing skills a bit as I said I would.

12345612 ... 15