KC, the vengeful bard

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pengwndude

08-02-2012

If you edit mine, i'll edit yours! just post your thread in your comment. remember, the more you imput in mine, the more i'll imput in yours!

my index
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post28983101

KC THE VENGEFUL BARD
(If you don't like the name, Largo can be an alternative.)

OVERVIEW
-Race: Human
-Origin: Ionia
-Alliance: Neutral, Tradesman, Sailors
-Class: tank (bottom support)
-Sub-Class: support
-Weapon: Brass Horn
-Attack Type: Melee
Energy Source: Mana

SO! I was thinking thematically something of a foil to sona. Hinting at the possibility of a sibling. He hates pirates, and is a bard trader on the Eastern Coast

he works as an opposite to sona; instead of buffs, he debuffs, and instead of a squishy support, he's a tank. He can't do so much on his own, making for a weak early game, but late game and in team fights he excels.
Instead of a true support, KC is incredibly tanky and uses a horn that does debuffs.

Attachment 526789
Attachment 520420
http://i.imgur.com/Wfqo7.png
(larger version)

the work is still very much in progress. i'm not much of an artist so shading is something totally foreign to me that I'm experimenting with.

images drawn by me in MS paint
farahboom's is on the way
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
STATS

Health 438 (+ 99)
Health regen 7.25 (+ 0.89)
mana 255 (+50)
mana regen 6.5 (+ 0.7)
range 125
ad 55.2 (+ 3.3)
attack speed 0.625 (+ 2.1%)
Armor 18 (+ 3.8)
MR 30 (+1.25)
Movement 310
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
ABILITIES
icon designed by MarcinOn

Attachment 521968
(passive) Shielding Sonata - after casting 3 spells, the next time KC is damaged, a defensive buff is applied that lasts 3 seconds. The buff is dependent on the 3rd skill that was cast. (effects posted underneath skills)

Attachment 521970
(Q) - Fanfare of Force - KC plays the fanfare of force, blasting nearby opponents, knocking them back to the edge of the radius
persistent aura - enemies have reduced AP (10 + 0.3 AP)
shielding effect increased magic resistance (30)

Magic Damage: 70*/ 110*/ 150*/ 190*/ 230 plus 0.65 AP
Cost: 60 / 68 / 76 / 82 / 90 mana
Cooldown: 8 sec
Radius 275
knock back range: 150

Attachment 521971
(W) - Etude of Mercilessness - KC plays the Etude of Mercilessness, slowing the two farthest enemies, prioritizing champions first.
persistent aura - enemies have reduced armor (10 + 0.3 AP)
shielding effect - increased movement speed (15%)

Magic Damage: 60*/ 85*/ 110*/ 135*/ 160 plus 0.6 AP
Duration: 1 / 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.2 / 2.6 sec
Slow Percentage: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35%
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Radius: 375

Attachment 521974
(E) - March of Fury - KC plays the March of Fury, taunting nearby opponents. KC also reduces taunted enemies damage by 35%
persistent aura - enemies have reduced attack speed (10%)
shielding effect - increased armor (30)

Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Radius: 200

Attachment 521865 <---original design by MarcinOn!
(R) - Finale - KC plays the finale, deafening enemies, preventing them from casting spells and autoattacking.

Magic Damage: 200 / 280 / 360 + 0.7 AP
Duration: 2 / 2.5 / 3
Cost: 125 / 175 / 225
Cooldown: 160 / 140 / 120
Radius: 600

NOTES

The kit is similar to sona's as it is hinted they are related. The idea of this champ is to be the opposite of sona; instead of buffs, it's debuffs and instead of support, it's tank.

Passive is just like sona's but is a shield instead. As a tank, KC should be taking lots of hits so theoretically it should come in handy.

Q is designed as a quick peel and main farming skill. It is NOT designed to send enemies away from allies like Ali and Janna. To keep in mind, the knock back is 150 while the range of a melee champ is 125. Voli's toss is 300.

W is a slow, whether to chase down runners or help put a little distance between you and opponents when running. This only targets 2 enemies so it's not to be spammed. For reference, the slow is equivalent to Grave's smokescreen, rumble's electric harpoon, ashe's frost shot, and a few others.

E is a taunt. It's much smaller than rammus's, let alone galio. It can hit anyone in it so to help close in kills, or once again, peel from the carries. For reference, the range of the taunt is 200 and Amumu's w is 400 (though that might be the diameter so the taunt is about that size.)

I've gotten a lot of complaints about the ult, but I justify it by the fact that a stun is worse. Amumu can stun for 2 seconds, KC deafens for 3. Cost, cool down, range, and damage are similar. So if you think "wow this is way too OP", think of Amumu and realize its not going to hit everyone and that mobility is still an option
ADDITION TO NOTES FOR THE ULTIMATE. Seeing that blind didn't make thematic sense, I decided to create a "new and unique" cc. Ahri's charm, Lulu's polymorph and huge, etc did this too but had slight differences. Polymorph and deafening are similar: they effectively blind and silence enemies. However, in deafen, summoner spells are still game. Also, because it's an ultimate, I think it has the liberty to be a large AOE instead of Lulu's single target.
LORE
kindly edited and provided by Poet Ultima

The skirmishes in Ionia had claimed the lives of many men and women; many of whom were parents, leaving a staggering percentage of the City-State’s youth population without homes. Orphanages and foster homes sprung up to try and handle the problem, but it was far from easy.

KC grew up in one such makeshift hostel. His name was derived from the initials engraved on a peculiar horn that was left in his bassinet on the steps of the orphanage. KC spent most of his childhood there. He was well fed and clothed, but never happy. Once the only person he felt any kinship towards, - a mute girl he often played music with, - was adopted, KC saw little reason to stay there anymore.

KC scraped by down on the Ionian docks, playing his trumpet for tips enough to gather a daily meal together. It wasn’t an ideal life, but he expected nothing better. One day, a merchant captain docked at Ionia with a shipment of goods, and overheard KC playing his horn. The merchant had no child of his own, and the sight of the young boy playing his horn for a few meager coins moved him. The captain invited KC to join him on his voyages, provided that he would continue to play his horn to keep the crew’s spirits up. KC eagerly accepted.

For years KC sailed the waters of Runeterra, visiting far-off lands. Life had never been better. Until one stormy voyage out over the northern cape to Piltover, the merchant ship was intercepted by pirates. The unarmed merchant vessel was no match for the pirate’s cannon barrage. The ship was overrun, the crew slaughtered. The captain saved KC’s life, shoving him overboard before flames consumed the deck.

KC washed up on the Northern shores of Valoran, clinging desperately to consciousness. He could only watch helplessly as the closest thing to a home he had ever known sank beneath the waves, and the closest thing he had to a father went down with the ship.

His horn washed up on shore a moment later, as thought to taunt him of those happy days that he would never regain. He was overcome by anger, and swore revenge against the pirates who had ruined his happiness. Pirate fleets across the seas would tremble at the sound of his horn, for he would forever stand as a protector of all the merchant ships that lived in fear of the ocean’s brigands.

Theme by Poet Ultima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLTtJB7UTa0&feature=plcp

RECOMMENDED ITEMS
classic
Philosopher's Stone, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Aegis of the Legion, Sunfire Cape, Frozen Heart

Dominion
Ruby Crystal, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Odyn's Veil, Force of Nature, Frozen Heart
QUOTES

upon selection
I'll play a tune that can't be beat!

attacking
I'll cut them to half time
vengeance through music
my fanfare's to be feared
I don't think they have a taste for my music
pesante!

movement
allegreto
presto
on the beat
Don't rush me
on the march
I'm not waltzing or anything

taunt
(plays the bugle race start)

joke
don't mean to "toot" my own horn, but I'm pretty good at what I do
SKINS
Classic - soon to be designed by FarahBoom
Marching Band KC
Sailor KC
for his or her design, i was thinking a longcoat and hat of sorts, somewhat of a fedora, but not quite. Maybe a feather in the hat? leather boots i guess. Slightly rugged.
art will be provided by FarahBoom when he's finished.

as for personality, wouldn't it be nice to change things up a bit and have someone snarky?

I "designed" this champion in mind because of how I normally play. I like being an extreme tank (SINGED) or support. The reason being that I'm AWFUL at actually killing people. With this in mind, I thought up a naturally tanky champion with lots of debuff actions and crowd control. Someone that isn't so bound to the rules of support, but still design to help.
Theoretically, KC, should be able to get plenty of assists, but do very little damage on his own.
If you notice, KC's spells don't do much damage to compensate for all the CC

How did I do? what do you think?
i really wanna know what you guys think.

Don't forget to up vote if you like him

pengwndude

08-05-2012

EDIT
i added stats based off of other support tanks, as well as sona

what do you think?

Poeta Somnium

08-09-2012

I really like this. People have been asking for a debuff support FOREVER, and I think you really hit the nail on the head in terms of a kit that does this and does it well. Not too complicated, not too simple. Although I think having a permament aura slow on the W is a bit overpowered. Maybe switch the aura effect (the slow) with the active effect (the haste)? Just an idea.

You have the good framework of a backstory, it just lacks flair. I have some ideas on how to spice it up if you like, though I don't really have a solid direction I would go in for a Judgment yet.

The theme would actually be the easiest bit for me to do right now. The horn is really symbolic, so I would have probably a trumpet or a french horn at the forefront. Since he/she is from Bilgewater, would you want the theme to have a nautical/sailor sound, or do you want it to be more militaristic, since they are in a sense waging a war against pirateering?

pengwndude

08-10-2012

ah, thanks so much for the imput!
KC is technically an orphan from ionia, where sona was too.
however, KC is indeed a sailor, specifically a merchant. He/she doesn't particularly have any alignment towards anyone, but is a representative for traders and merchants. as well as the implied relation to sona, it's also implied that gp might have had something to do with the attack
what ideas were you thinking for spicing up? I'll gladly add what you think if i agree with it

the slow indeed might be op, but the haste i feel is a defensive buff
I'm thinking though that the stun will be very short and the slow will be either short lived or a low percentage.

again, thank you so much for your thoughts!

pengwndude

08-10-2012

EDIT
added quotes and recommended items

h0vlol

08-10-2012

Sounds kinda like fiddle mixed with sona. I would put some numbers and pic up for the abilities and appearance.

pengwndude

08-10-2012

i'll set some numbers on the ability soon
farahboom is currently working on some art and poet ultima is doing some nice stuff too
but yeah i'll get some numbers down.
thanks!

pengwndude

08-10-2012

EDIT
added a skin concept

Poeta Somnium

08-10-2012

Looks like you're next. =)

I'm starting work on his lore now, but the wife came up with a to-do list of errands for me (help me) so I may not be able to post anything until tonight/tomorrow.

pengwndude

08-10-2012

again, thanks a lot. i really appreciate the time you put into this

1234511 ... 15